Lets Talk : The Smoke Grenade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets Talk : The Smoke Grenade

Just curious as to who actually uses them.

I do appreciate the item and what it does, but I find myself sticking with the Grenades instead. I feel like that slot they take up is way to valuable for something that is somewhat situational.

But then again, people have different play styles.

Perhaps they are a bit more valuable in Duo or Squad play where mabye 1 teammate can carry some just in case.

I do play mostly Solo though, and in that mode I have passed them up 100% of the time so far.

Thoughts? Would love to hear some of your opinions on the item.

I am with you on the use of smoke grenades in solo. In duo, for my squad personally, it's something one of us will keep just in case until mid-late game and then if we find something else we will drop them. Just gotta say that I love the addition, been messing around with it all day and yeah it's a fun thing to use.

Comment

can't play the game? why? the latest patch had some wrong error. ASAP help

Comment

Practically useless.

Comment

The best use i found for them was when my duo partner rushed 2 enemies. He build a stairs up to the roof, killed one and was already shooting the 2nd guy.

At that point i whip out my smoke nades and throw them on his roof

Me: "WATCH OUT I'M THROWING NADES!!!!111oneoneone".
          My mate: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!! I ALREADY GOT THEM AAAAAAAAAAAAAHRRRRRRRRHG". <----- Edit: Very high pitched not so manly screams.
          Smoke nade: *psssssssssssssssss*
          My mate: .......... You're a **** ...........
          Me: I know <--- this while laughing to the point of tears.

So yeah practically not much worth, but it sure made my evening.
          Last edited by Rawrzory; 11-30-2017, 03:16 AM.

Comment

I agree. Smoke grenades just take away a slot in solo mode, nevertheless they are fun to use. Besides, in early game I tend to fill my slots with trash anyway, so why not mess around with some smoke gernades? In squad mode they are very very useful though. One person can free up a slot by giving his bandages to his mate for instance (which then stack up so they don't fill an extra space), then you have a spare slot for smoke grenades. They can be a gamechanger imo.

Comment

I Feel the best method of using smoke grenades are 1) distraction and 2) escape route. In squads i find them quite useless. In solo and duos they are very handy when you are stuck in a sticky situation you throw a couple smokes and run through into cover or a nearby house. It can be used as a distraction as well where you throw a smoke away from you and possibly beside or behind the enemy causing them to freak out and wonder who is coming for them.

Comment

Part of the problem is they keep adding more items, but they don't add any more slots. 1 more inventory slot is badly needed so you have a reason to carry some of the pointless stuff. Smoke Grenades are very situational most the time you won't be in that situation so you will never carry them over something you will always need.

Comment

Grenades shouldn't take up a slot.. you should just be able to see them in the corner like the resources and press g or something to throw them

Comment

Yea, I think the smokes can be a bit of fun and or slightly distracting to allow for some "run for better cover" scenarios, but I think they need a little more umph to be on s somewhat level field with frags.

In solos, inventory slots are far too valuable for smokes instead of an explosive option.

Some ideas:

Give the smoke grenades a small-ish DoT/or slight vision impairing effect that multiplies if you stay in it. Like a riot police pepper spray bomb

Or allow the person that threw it to only have their vision impaired by say 50%, this way you could use it to more effectively breach buildings with some cover. Thinking flash bang.

Or as others have mentioned, allow for a grenade slot that you can carry both and choose on the fly, kind of like traps.

Only been in game for 24 hours and it seems people are already passing it over for almost anything in solos, at least.

Comment

no reason to buff it just for solo silly. Do not take them in solo. take them situationally (depending on what you have) in duo. Always make room in squad, and use them often to get practice. helped me win the game twice so far.

Comment

They are definitely fun to use. Ive used them to escape, or disorient other players in team fights. I agree that there needs to be a grenade specific slot, where you can carry frags AND smokes.

Comment

Useless in a 5 inventory slot setup. But fun.

Comment

I like the smoke grenades. The radius that is obscured by the smoke is quite small but you can really smoke out a house or base like a beehive... even though the smoke lasts only a few seconds it can grant you vital time to plan your next move.
                            Want to improve your building skills? Have fun in a private match? Support my newest idea!

>>> Battle Royale: Architect Mode <<<

Comment

i like the smoke they have saved me once before but my team mates never know how to use them once i chased someone down and while i started shooting him my team mate throws a smoke in his direction basically helping him get away when he thinks hes being smart sneaking up but makes it worse for me and my team because by the time we get by the smoke the enemy is no where to be seen lol

Comment

Working...
                              X