Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need help with close range battles on (ps4)

Collapse
X

I need help with close range battles on (ps4)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help with close range battles on (ps4)

Hey, anyone have any tips on how to improve accuracy with shotguns and smgs or in general any weapon in a close range encounter(like inside a house). I struggle with aiming or hip fire in close range when i'm fighting spider monkeys and i loose most of my fights in that close range scenario, im fine in medium to far with AR'S but really struggle and want advice for close range firefights on ps4

Close range quarter fights, believe it or not, is all about third person. Here are some tips:

1. Be patient. - widen the range between you and the enemy, while still being able to engage with your close range weapon. Make sure you're behind a wall where you can peak with the opening on your right side. This is important. Wait until the enemy pushes you, and then you peak out and aim for the head.

2. Use cover. - you have third person, so take advantage of that. Get into cover, and since you have third person, you can see everything around that cover. Like I said before, wait until they come to you. If you are inside, make sure you are peaking on the left side of a doorway or opening. You want the opening to be on your right, because when you peak with your gun, your whole body will not be exposed.

3. Aim for the head. - even though your aim may not be up to par with your enemy, if you aim for the head and make contact, the damage done will be enough compensation.

4. Don't ADS. - do not aim down sights, this slows you down and makes you an easier target to hit.

5. Shotgun over SMG.- never choose a smg over a shotgun, unless of course you don't have a choice.

Scenarios
    1. Let's say you have an SMG, and you're behind cover. Beyond your cover is a hallway, so you have a "long" line of fire. The enemy is pushing. Once again, you have third person, so you have a huge advantage. When the enemy is coming towards your cover, just peak and aim for the head. Now in this instance, you have the cover and sight line, so aim down sights. You'll be more accurate, and the line of fire is practically straight. Aim for the head, you'll get the kill. (this scenario is also very good when you have a pump shotgun - due to range.)
    2. You have a shotgun, you have little to no cover. Let's just say your in the middle of a street, Greasy Grove for example. Move as much as possible, and do not aim down sights. Hop like a rabbit, a slither like a snake. (this is also good for running out in the open.) Make it as hard as possible for your enemy to hit you, while you hip fire and aim for the head. Unless you have good aim, this won't work out too well with a pump shotgun, so I suggest you find cover for that.

If you have any other questions or need help, feel free to ask.

Comment

Good tips. The only thing I might add and recommend is to consider a sensitivity high on the horizontal, and lower on vertical. This will improve aiming and being accurate in close shotgun battles that typically involve kangaroo hopping around each other while still giving you a lot of speed on turning.

I use 7 on x-axis, and 4 on y-axis.

Other than that, using control freaks thumbstick extenders will massively improve your accuracy and ability to make more precise adjustments. Pretty key for shooting games.

Lastly, I can't see how anyone would be good at cqb in any shooting game unless they bind jumping to a thumbstick. R3 is my jump, and this allows for directional control and crosshair aiming WHILE jumping. I simply went under my PS4 controller setting and switched X to R3. Takes a little adjusting to, but you'll thank me later.
      Last edited by Jebediah_Storm; 12-09-2017, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebediah_Storm View Post
        Good tips. The only thing I might add and recommend is to consider a sensitivity high on the horizontal, and lower on vertical. This will improve aiming and being accurate in close shotgun battles that typically involve kangaroo hopping around each other while still giving you a lot of speed on turning.

I use 7 on x-axis, and 4 on y-axis.

Other than that, using control freaks thumbstick extenders will massively improve your accuracy and ability to make more precise adjustments. Pretty key for shooting games.

Lastly, I can't see how anyone would be good at cqb in any shooting game unless they bind jumping to a thumbstick. R3 is my jump, and this allows for directional control and crosshair aiming WHILE jumping. I simply went under my PS4 controller setting and switched X to R3. Takes a little adjusting to, but you'll thank me later.
        Legit never thought of doing something like that before... very well done, sir.

Want to improve your building skills? Have fun in a private match? Support my newest idea!

>>> Battle Royale: Architect Mode <<<

Comment

Working...
        X