X

is there a tutorial?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there a tutorial?

i'm not a complete beginner (playing fps since 25 years) so you can skip the "zero experience" option. i just tried to play the game for 2 hours and made exactly 2 kills in 25 matches, each time with my pickaxe. while this is a funny result, i do not understand why various things happened. when i was aiming with my sniper rifle, a guy on the opposite end of a lake managed to kill me with an assault rifle after 4-5 hits while i did no damage at all despite trying 4-5 times as well. instead, a strange white snowball thingy came out of my rifle and seemed to fall into the lake because gravity seemed to affect it. this does not make sense, does it? whatever weapon i had, it had a scope to zoom, so it wasn't the snowball grenade laucher and nothing exploded.
    in other instances, i am quite certain to have landed some hits, but it seems my weapons are quite weak compared to the weapons of my opponents. are the starting conditions not equal? do some players start with better weapons, more hp or something like that?

Every player starts with 100 hp no shield. Strange things are really happening to you?... Snowball's didn't fire out of your gun, they shot it at you and due to potato programming, it throws the snowball at a random spot if I remember correctly.

Edit: And no, there is no tutorial

Comment

I think every weapon has more then only one condition. There are grey, green, blue, purple and yellow/gold (worst to best). There is a list on the internet of how much damage the same weapon in different conditions do like grey AR does 30 damage while the blue AR does 33 damage per hit. You can hit critical damage when you hit him on the head and that doubles the damage I think. I don't know if Im allowed to post links here but I will link you the site were you can read about every damage of every weapon and there is a map with nearly every chest on the map, it helped me alot and Im not a beginner :D

Hope I could help you a bit and you were able to understand my bad english \(^_^)/

Comment

here is the list of strange things so far:
        * sniper rifle shots are not instantaneous but take a while. i am not 100% sure, but it seems the shots don't travel in a straight line either, but they are falling down.
        * my glider opens before other people's gliders open. i see people below me that are still in free fall
        * i land next to a chest, someone else too. we land at the same time, i attack with my pickaxe. the other guy *shoots* at me, but the chest is still closed. how did he get a weapon instantly after landing?

what are the rules?

Comment

Originally posted by TheSmartEngineer View Post
          here is the list of strange things so far:
          * sniper rifle shots are not instantaneous but take a while. i am not 100% sure, but it seems the shots don't travel in a straight line either, but they are falling down.
          * my glider opens before other people's gliders open. i see people below me that are still in free fall
          * i land next to a chest, someone else too. we land at the same time, i attack with my pickaxe. the other guy *shoots* at me, but the chest is still closed. how did he get a weapon instantly after landing?

what are the rules?
          1. Sniper rifles have bullet drop. The further away the higher you need to aim with it (try to shoot it and stay in the scope, you will clearly see how the bullet it falling down over some range)
          2. The glider alsways opens at the same high (as example 50 meters) but if you are over a hill the glider will open earlier then if you would be over the lake of between two hills
          3. This is just lag. He opens the chest but even for him its still look like its not opened but the items already poped out and you can still hear the glimmering sound but the game will realise after a few seconds and then you can not hear the sounds anymore and the chest will not look like its not opened anymore

btw: you only do 10 damage with the pickaxe so most of the time its better to take the time to quickly loot a weapon and shot ;)

Comment

is there a way to train how to aim/avoid getting shot? while playing, about 2-3% of the time is spent in actual battles, so playing the game is not very efficient if i want to learn how the game behaves. can i somehow open a "private server" or something like that?

Comment

There is no mode to train, I would just advice you to join games and drop in the first and nearest big city and just try to get weapons and try to kill everybody. You probably won't stay alive most of the times but in the beginning of the game in the big citys there is the most pvp action. You will train your aim and avoid getting shot only while pvping. The only tipp I can give you about avoid getting shot is to never stop moving and improve your building skills to quickly build yourself some cover if you get shot and there is no cover around.

Comment

is there a way to train how to aim/avoid getting shot? while playing, about 2-3% of the time is spent in actual battles, so playing the game is not very efficient if i want to learn how the game behaves. can i somehow open a "private server" or something like that?
                Epic Games are currently developing a way to host Private Servers which will hopefully be available in the coming months. These are mainly for E-Sports and Clan battles but I'm sure they'll develop just a big private map for you to drop into and explore. It won't help you with shooting but it'll help exploring, building and best places to drop in.

The two things that helped me get better (I still suck) were:

1) Youtube, checking out regular Youtube players and where they landed, looted and what they did in battle situations. Crouching with an Assault Rifle or Sniper to make you less of a target and running/jumping with a Shotgun/SMG/Pistol to try and get up close and personal with your opponent. Always try and take the high ground on your opponent, as it's 3rd person and you can see your enemy from above much easier. Learning when to use buildings for cover or when to build using your own materials is something that will come with time and experience depending on the situation. I always watch a guy called iTempPlays as he shows times where he gets killed as well as his major wins, as opposed to other Youtuber's who only show their best bits to hide the fact they've just spent hours getting blasted.

2) Playing Save The World. Honestly dude if you haven't invested in the PVE campaign it's worth the money alone just to get a feel for the game engine, looting, shooting and building will be so much easier once you hit PVP. Even if you only play PVE for a few hours just to get to grips with the game it's worth the investment rather than spending hours joining lobbies only to be destroyed within seconds. PVE is also serious fun, does have it's bugs and flaws but you'll fall in love with it!

Comment

Originally posted by DIOJIM View Post

Epic Games are currently developing a way to host Private Servers which will hopefully be available in the coming months. These are mainly for E-Sports and Clan battles but I'm sure they'll develop just a big private map for you to drop into and explore. It won't help you with shooting but it'll help exploring, building and best places to drop in.

The two things that helped me get better (I still suck) were:

1) Youtube, checking out regular Youtube players and where they landed, looted and what they did in battle situations. Crouching with an Assault Rifle or Sniper to make you less of a target and running/jumping with a Shotgun/SMG/Pistol to try and get up close and personal with your opponent. Always try and take the high ground on your opponent, as it's 3rd person and you can see your enemy from above much easier. Learning when to use buildings for cover or when to build using your own materials is something that will come with time and experience depending on the situation. I always watch a guy called iTempPlays as he shows times where he gets killed as well as his major wins, as opposed to other Youtuber's who only show their best bits to hide the fact they've just spent hours getting blasted.

2) Playing Save The World. Honestly dude if you haven't invested in the PVE campaign it's worth the money alone just to get a feel for the game engine, looting, shooting and building will be so much easier once you hit PVP. Even if you only play PVE for a few hours just to get to grips with the game it's worth the investment rather than spending hours joining lobbies only to be destroyed within seconds. PVE is also serious fun, does have it's bugs and flaws but you'll fall in love with it!
                  1) Yeah thats right I completly forgot about this. I'm watching every video of a youtuber called 'Dakotaz' and he is a f*cking god in fortnite! He recently uploaded a video with some basics and some really useful tipps that I would recommend you to watch it!

2) Thats right too. I'm playing Fortnite since the release of the Save the World mode and didn't even know there will be a battle royal mode. Since the battle royal mode I switched and have only played battle royal since then and the one thing that helped me a lot was knowing the building from the Save the World mode.

Comment

i can easily get into the top 10 simply by picking an empty spot to land, look for weapons and then hide/camp. most of the time it works, sometimes i meet someone. if that happens, 75% of the time i die because if reasons i can not really figure out. i would like to read the minds of one of those that managed to shoot me to know how they did that and why they did not get hit. observing other players doesn't reveal any difference except that their aim is better and they get hit less. this doesn't show how they are doing it

Comment

i can easily get into the top 10 simply by picking an empty spot to land, look for weapons and then hide/camp. most of the time it works, sometimes i meet someone. if that happens, 75% of the time i die because if reasons i can not really figure out. i would like to read the minds of one of those that managed to shoot me to know how they did that and why they did not get hit. observing other players doesn't reveal any difference except that their aim is better and they get hit less. this doesn't show how they are doing it
                      What exactly you want to know now? We can not help you with aiming and your movement. We can only tell you about some good tipps and tricks but the aiming, movement and knowing to build fast/good will come with the experience.

Comment

one more thing: how can i aim in situations where my own third person body blocks my view?

Comment

one more thing: how can i aim in situations where my own third person body blocks my view?
                          There shouldn't be situations like this excapt you are hiding under stairs or something soo... maybe stop doing this.

Comment

Working...
                          X