Fix Building

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix Building

get rid if the ability to jump over and over and build at the same time i literally just had a 1v1 where a guy jumped up and down building walls impossible to get a hit on him then just snipes me from behind his 7000 wall thick base where is the fkn skill in that? not to mention the drop off damage from my gold scar was so pissweak i was doing 27 damage per hit pls fix this rubbish

just happened again....1v1 situation i have a huge fort (better position then him) he is on the other side of the circle just jumping around building endless amounts of walls running back and forth, hit him with a scar and waste 30 rockets from a gold rpg trying to get him, eventually he peeks behind one of his many walls and snipes me ? whats the point in building a fort if you can just do this??

Comment

That sounds like your fault for having terrible peeks, if you're such a easy sniper target from inside your own base.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_Parrot View Post
        That sounds like your fault for having terrible peeks, if you're such a easy sniper target from inside your own base.
        "terrible peaks" obviously the guys a good builder, i know how to play fortnite i dont sit still busting of rounds from my fort, i just dont see how its possible to counter building spam unles you have a mini gun or a grenade launcher with at least 30 rounds

Comment

Simple outbuilding your opponent for the high ground

Comment

Originally posted by tRxGoD View Post
            Simple outbuilding your opponent for the high ground
            im already on the high ground......

Comment

Wow, right now your digging yourself a hole mate. You had high ground, better base and better position yet you still choked. There is nothing wrong with the building you just need to get better, and as the lad said above, learn how to peak. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you werent just stood spamming, well then that means your peak pattern is way too predictable and you were peaking from the same spot after the same amount of time interval.

Comment

Why did you rocket spam/ spray him? Let him build a little fort, feel confident and then you hit him with a sniper or something. Being in a big fort and having higher ground is an advantage often turned into a tragic end since players tend to be overconfident from this perspective. He outsmarted you, that's where the skill is in this game IMHO.

Regarding the damage drop I assume you played on the new shooting mode, but it is really a brilliant feature, it makes all weapons more relevant to the context, and gives snipers their right place.

For the rocket launcher I dislike it and barely use it, especially in solo, it is too predictable, where grenades can be thrown from different manners. But in the end, a good quick scop solves many things!

Comment

Originally posted by Sált View Post
                  Wow, right now your digging yourself a hole mate. You had high ground, better base and better position yet you still choked. There is nothing wrong with the building you just need to get better, and as the lad said above, learn how to peak. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you werent just stood spamming, well then that means your peak pattern is way too predictable and you were peaking from the same spot after the same amount of time interval.
                  I know how to peak ahahaha he was obviously a beast at sniping and building, if you saw the situation youd understand i dont see how you can counter it at all unless i left my Fort on the hill and rushed him with a building ramp and shotgun (risky in a 1v1) or unless i had a minigun with endless rounds to mow down all his cover, as soon as i shoot a wall he just built another one and another and another.

Comment

Originally posted by Judas Mc Greedy View Post
                    Why did you rocket spam/ spray him? Let him build a little fort, feel confident and then you hit him with a sniper or something. Being in a big fort and having higher ground is an advantage often turned into a tragic end since players tend to be overconfident from this perspective. He outsmarted you, that's where the skill is in this game IMHO.

Regarding the damage drop I assume you played on the new shooting mode, but it is really a brilliant feature, it makes all weapons more relevant to the context, and gives snipers their right place.

For the rocket launcher I dislike it and barely use it, especially in solo, it is too predictable, where grenades can be thrown from different manners. But in the end, a good quick scop solves many things!
                    he was in the open running for the middle of the circle....usually thats a good time to take a shot..
                    i dont see how him spamming right trigger to build endless amounts of walls can count as being outskilled but ok... i understand his sniping ability was half decent as he pulled of a pretty accurate shot while being shot at. And isn't fortnites weapon mechanics about which gun is a better colour? usually it is... i had a gold scar and was doing 27 damage from what seemed like less than 100m i cant wait to see how pissweak all the other ar's are at range...
                    Originally posted by Sált View Post
                    i love how you just presume i was peaking from the same spot and that i dont know how to play the game hahaha
                    Last edited by Pyroc_inical; 02-14-2018, 08:06 AM.

Comment

gue

i guess im just used to positioning myself in a good position like you have to in %99 percent of other gamesa hahahahaha do you read what you are saying?

Comment

Originally posted by Pyroc_inical View Post
                        gue

i guess im just used to positioning myself in a good position like you have to in %99 percent of other gamesa hahahahaha do you read what you are saying?
                        Well, since you died, hard to consider you were in a good position, no? To sum up the situation, you had the higher ground, a rocket launcher gold scar etc., but still he managed to avoid all your rockets and snipe you, so if that's not being outskilled I don't know what it is. He didn't glitch, didn't use a bug exploit or else, he just won.

And yes, with new model, using a scar from afar is less effective, but that's nothing new, already exists in plenty games, and that's good, it does balance the game. So yes, you rocket spam, he builds, what do you expect? All I see here is that your tactic wasn't good to outsmart this dude, nothing wrong with the buildings.

Comment

Well, since you died, hard to consider you were in a good position, no? To sum up the situation, you had the higher ground, a rocket launcher gold scar etc., but still he managed to avoid all your rockets and snipe you, so if that's not being outskilled I don't know what it is. He didn't glitch, didn't use a bug exploit or else, he just won.

And yes, with new model, using a scar from afar is less effective, but that's nothing new, already exists in plenty games, and that's good, it does balance the game. So yes, you rocket spam, he builds, what do you expect? All I see here is that your tactic wasn't good to outsmart this dude, nothing wrong with the buildings.
                          Did you read this post or nah? i explained why i died ahaha usually the high ground in any game means you have a better shooting position yeah? but that doesn't seem to matter in fortnite because you can just build a thousand walls instead that is my problem and obviously you don't understand this, so far there doesn't seem to be much skill involved in fortnite at all unless you are some freak pro gamer, its luck which weapons you get,its luck how accurate and powerful your guns are, its luck where the circle ends up, not a lot of skill unless you can learn to quick scope or build ridiculously fast. I can see they tried to dumb down this game for all the kiddies so it wouldn't be so hard. I dunno i might just be used to playing games that require a high skill cap... unlike this ****

Comment

Did you read this post or nah? i explained why i died ahaha usually the high ground in any game means you have a better shooting position yeah? but that doesn't seem to matter in fortnite because you can just build a thousand walls instead that is my problem and obviously you don't understand this, so far there doesn't seem to be much skill involved in fortnite at all unless you are some freak pro gamer, its luck which weapons you get,its luck how accurate and powerful your guns are, its luck where the circle ends up, not a lot of skill unless you can learn to quick scope or build ridiculously fast. I can see they tried to dumb down this game for all the kiddies so it wouldn't be so hard. I dunno i might just be used to playing games that require a high skill cap... unlike this ****
                            All I get from reading your post... is that you got outplayed. That's really it. You're complaining because you lost to someone, and you're trying to blame it on the game... instead of figuring out how to not get sniped... "ahahaha". You had the high ground... you had the better position, and you choked. Plain and simple.

Comment

Dude seriously you make no sense, how can it be that skill is for pro players only? If you think you can win only with luck you are wrong: positioning, aiming, building, knowledge of the map, of the different weapons and how to use/counter them, being able to detect sounds, to spot enemies far away, to act properly when rushed/rushing, etc. Especially with the new shooting model (and I hope they develop it more), you need way more skill to win since you can't rely on those ridiculous lucky no scope or pray for the RNG to be with you.

So yeah, having the higher ground is supposed to give you an advantage if and only if you can react the correct way to what happen. But also, when you are down and trying to kill someone up, most of the time if you manage to aim right you'll go for the only exposed body part of the high-ground dude, which is the head.

What you call luck is randomness, and what distinguish a good player from a less good one is the ability to deal with it. You think you can win solo v squad just thanks to luck? Maybe one game, but what are the odds? Because whatever you put behind the term "skill", whether it is ability to build fast, aiming, or anything I mentioned above, you can't be serious when saying this game is deprived of skill.

But I'm really curious about the other games you mentioned, I played quite many games, some really needing skill, some less, and few shooters require you to be able to perform all the tasks involved here.

So yeah it's random (or luck if you want) which weapon you'll find, or where the circle will be, but that's precisly where skill hits: knowing the game will lead you to react accordingly, and if that's not skill I don't know what it is. If skill isn't involved how do you explain the fact that some people have a 15+ K/D and 30%+ win rate, while others can't win a game in 500 matches? I agree tho that RNG on guns messed it up, but it's becoming better so I just don't understand you.

Furthemore, the dude that won had enough material to defend himself, which means he knows the importance of materials, and managed to avoid your shots and rockets, he was below, but still won: there is no luck involved in that situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X