Advice for late game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice for late game

What's going on guys?

What is your opinion on how to address the late game tactics? For example, near the end of the game, you'll see two big towers, is it better to push the tower and play aggressively or to build your own tower and try to attack them from your tower?

Some options:

Build your own tower and snipe them
    Destroy the tower with an RPG
    Rush the tower (big risk but you'll feel awesome if you kill them)

Comment

Hey Excessive!

Great question, I think patience is very important for end game. Building is essential on Fortnite as well so it's extremely important to maintain your building habits throughout the entire match. Rushing a base head on is never a great idea unless you can get a height advantage on them. I have over 500+ wins so I hope you value my answer, I'll keep an eye on this thread if you need more help!

Comment

Thanks guys! I appreciate the assistance. I just started playing about 2-3 weeks ago, so i'm still trying to learn the game and different tactics.

Comment

check out my guide on how to win games https://youtu.be/4Hef2NwLwWw

Comment

Depends on your weapons. If I have rockets, minigun or grenade launcher, I'll build, destroy then rush them.

If I don't I'll just rush them, try build over them, shoot, build repeat. On Xbox this is trickier though. But I get most my wins from this.

https://youtu.be/AFsPEOXDPgE

Comment

Thanks man, that is helpful. Now, when you build over them, how do you avoid them shooting the ramps out from under you? That's what I always worry about when trying to build over them.

Comment

I've seen people cope with that by building the stairs 2 wide. Kind of zig-zag a bit so you can place them next to each other. It's usually enough to either throw them off guard, or enough support to give you enough time to get to them.

Comment

For late game tactics, when I wasn't a really experienced player I would just wait for everyone else to fight and try clean them up, this isn't really hiding but putting yourself in a base away from others, then once the few other people fight each other, say shooting at the other persons base, I'd pressure one guy so not only is he getting shot by you, but also by the other person and they just end up panicking and dying. If you find yourself in this sticky situation, attempt to get away or kill one of the guys pressuring you, but keep an eye for the other guy.

Hope I helped!

Comment

Well nowadays in June 2018 everyone rushes you regardless of how good you are. You don't have a choice you have to defend your tower. Never bring a sniper at the end of the match, all you need is double pump or heavy and meds. Good players don't build forts anymore. Rush, double pump, victory royale!

Comment

Get to the circle
                      Shoot people not in forts
                      When the last three people build 20 story towers hide
                      Walk into the storm to deny them a kill
                      Finish #2 or #3

Game Over Builder Bob!

Comment

Generally speaking, I never ever build in the final ten people and only build when there are about three people left and you know exactly where they are.
                        Reason being when you build in the top 10 there's a solid chance the circle isn't going your way and you have to move. Fighting from the comfort of your tower is a nightmare as you're easy prey for snipers.
                        Plus players that stay around the edge will sit right under your fort and either tear it down (while you won't be able to shoot them) or wait for you to move to catch you off guard.
                        Late game I have my eyes on a kill for the sake of good weapons/materials, but more importantly I try and stay off the radar. The odds of you getting an undisturbed one vs one with nine others remaining is very, very slim.
                        If there are three people left, stay invisible and wait for them to fight each other. If they get in close range of each other (a shotgun fight) instantly get up there/down there and by the time you arrive it should be over and you can get the last guy before he's healed up/looted.

Comment

Originally posted by Sproutz. View Post
                          Well nowadays in June 2018 everyone rushes you regardless of how good you are. You don't have a choice you have to defend your tower. Never bring a sniper at the end of the match, all you need is double pump or heavy and meds. Good players don't build forts anymore. Rush, double pump, victory royale!
                          Never bring a sniper? What lol?

Snipers are a must at end game, it'll help you avoid unnecessary damage from shotgun battles if you're good enough to land shots. If you don't have a sniper, you should have some sort of explosion type item. Rocket/grenade launcher are preferable.

People who rush ramps towards someone who has a tower already built are either idiots or careless. It is why building a tower and having the circle advantage is so important. If you place 2 equally skilled players, one already has high ground, the other is pushing towards the guy who already has high ground, who do you think is gong to win?

There are times when you have no choice and need to push someone on high ground but It's not fun or ideal to do so.

I can't stress how important sniper rifles are in this game, ESPECIALLY end game. Without snipers you will hardly ever see the victory. There are rare exceptions like daequan but how many people do you know who has equal calibured skill as daequan with shotguns? He might literally be the only one who can viably get through an entire game without a sniper. His shotgun aim is nearly perfected.

Only reason to get rid of your sniper late game is if you find a rocket/grenade launcher with at least 5-10 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Excessive123 View Post
                            What's going on guys?

What is your opinion on how to address the late game tactics? For example, near the end of the game, you'll see two big towers, is it better to push the tower and play aggressively or to build your own tower and try to attack them from your tower?
                            Late game is a lot of sniping going on and the few moments where there are building you probably better have a pretty good idea of how to counter build and build in general. There are times when you find those potato's but it's not very common. Better to assume the last players are pretty good and at least know the basics of building/sniping.

I would try your best to anticipate the circle, look at the map when the circle starts getting small for potential high grounds or mountains for you to set up. Avoid setting up in the dead center cause you WILL get sandwiched by snipers//RPG'ers. That is not fun lol. Once you set up, try to avoid hard peeking ( sticking out your head/body from your buildings for more than a split second). Look through your walls to find potential free kills with your sniper. If you don't have a sniper but an RPG instead, sit in your tower until the fight gets small enough for you to engage in a 1v1 or wait for someone to push you. There is always that one guy who wants to play the YOLO role.

End game is more of a " see who can get off snipes and lets wait for the storm to force us to fight " type of scenario. Like i said, find high ground so you aren't the one needing to ramp push someone and know how to build viably, not just the spam buildings because it looks cool. The rest is just a waiting game to see who are the last 3-5 standing.

OR you can be the YOLO guy and ramp push your way to victory lol which often backfires because you have everyone attention on the 2 people fighting. That means more people will be trying to snipe you guys vs any other player on the map.

Comment

Working...
                            X