X

No Video Tip List

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Video Tip List

I've noticed almost every post in this section is just a link to youtube. I know a video is worth a million words, but if I wanted to watch a video I'd just go to youtube. List tips in this thread that have helped you the most. Please don't post links to videos.

1. Bushes. I know it's 'campy' but the goal is survival, not kills. A good bush will keep you alive longer than a good gun in many cases. Plus it's perfect if you have to drop the controller for a few moments.
    2. Switch your control settings in Save the World. Every time I switch modes, there's a 'downtime' of a few matches while I wrap my head around the control differences. Switch Save the world to the second controller settings for a closer match with battle royal default controls.
    3. Keep your back to the storm/coast. If the storm or coast is to your back, you are much harder to sneak up on. Stay near the edge of the circle when possible.
    4. For newer players, don't worry too much about being stealthy. Drop into heavy traffic areas. I got much better at first by kamikazing into Tilted towers and actually getting into fights. Once I had the hang of gun-play I toned down my playstyle to be less aggressive.
    5. Share inventories when you have teammates. They can't help you if all they have is a pistol. Make sure you both have a decent set of guns, and always split bandages, grenades, etc with you team. If you suck with sniper, don't grab it. Let someone else use it.
    6. Know when to run. Sometimes it's better to just disengage. If the map is pretty hilly, it's easy to slip away at an odd angle out of sight. Remember: Survival, not kills.

I'd like to add some tips.

1. A higher rarity isn't always what you want. Sometimes a gray pistol is better than a green pump. Know what guns you'll probably use the most, and prioritize usefulness over rarity.
    2. Always be ready to build. When you start taking hits, make it a habit to build cover as fast as possible. I still haven't mastered this yet, and it could have helped me in so many situations.
    3. Customize in downtime. Whether you're squadding or soloing, be sure to take some time to reorder your inventory or reload all your weapons, or customize your walls and floors.
    4. Some things are best left for 1 player (in squads). If you have a lot of bandages, give them to one person. It'll take up one slot for one person instead of one slot for everyone.
    5. Jumping. We've all seen it before, jumping people shotgunning each other. But it really helps.
    6. Patience when firing certain guns. With guns like the revolver and the semi-auto, it's way better to line up the shot with those types of guns rather than to spam fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Gadjet n Chrome View Post
      I'd like to add some tips.

1. A higher rarity isn't always what you want. Sometimes a gray pistol is better than a green pump. Know what guns you'll probably use the most, and prioritize usefulness over rarity.
      2. Always be ready to build. When you start taking hits, make it a habit to build cover as fast as possible. I still haven't mastered this yet, and it could have helped me in so many situations.
      3. Customize in downtime. Whether you're squadding or soloing, be sure to take some time to reorder your inventory or reload all your weapons, or customize your walls and floors.
      4. Some things are best left for 1 player (in squads). If you have a lot of bandages, give them to one person. It'll take up one slot for one person instead of one slot for everyone.
      5. Jumping. We've all seen it before, jumping people shotgunning each other. But it really helps.
      6. Patience when firing certain guns. With guns like the revolver and the semi-auto, it's way better to line up the shot with those types of guns rather than to spam fire.
      Good tips! I was hoping this would turn into more people posting their tips. Customizing your buildings during downtime is something that just kind of occurred to me today.

Comment

The first tip is bad. You might get one lucky win by camping in a bush but you’ll never get better. You won’t improve.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderBerg View Post
          The first tip is bad. You might get one lucky win by camping in a bush but you’ll never get better. You won’t improve.
          He's not saying "camp in bushes all day". It's a tactic that you can use now and then. I often use it to rearrange my inventory, to scout an area or to look at the map.

I also use it when there are multiple enemies firing at each other. Jumping in to the violence just may get you killed. Wait for the fight to end, then kill the survivor.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderBerg View Post
            I totally agree with this one!
            Tips from me:
            1. Make your inventory set the same every time. What I do is put my AR or any other assault rifle on 2, shotgun on 3, a mini gun/rpg on 4, 5 and 6 are consumables like med kits/shields. (it always depends on what items you've got. You can make your set however you want. Once you feel comfortable with it, start practicing and you will get better on switching to the right weapon.)
            2. Bind your building pieces with keys. You can build a cover faster with just 2 keys, than scrolling around to walls or stairs. (My bind set is: Q - Walls, X - Floor, An extra mouse button - Stairs, V - Roof. I don't need Q to switch or exit building mode. I just click 1 or any other number to switch to a weapon and it's the same and like that you can have an extra useful key). Experiment with bindings.
            Important: You will not be comfortable at first with the bind set, but if you keep practicing, it will get better and you'll get used to it.
            3. Make building a habit. If someone is trying to shoot you from somewhere and you can't see him, your first thing to do is build a cover. You always have to be ready to build cover and this will give you a serious advantage (you can see his location and react to his actions easier).
            4. For newbies and players who want to improve combat skills: Jump to populated places like Tilted Towers and focus on shooting and nothing else!

Comment

Originally posted by Aazhyd View Post

He's not saying "camp in bushes all day". It's a tactic that you can use now and then. I often use it to rearrange my inventory, to scout an area or to look at the map.

I also use it when there are multiple enemies firing at each other. Jumping in to the violence just may get you killed. Wait for the fight to end, then kill the survivor.
              ^Above
              Not a great tactic for a whole play-through, though it carried me to top 3 a few times when I had just started playing the game. Bushes are always good if you're waiting for the circle to finish closing to decide where to go next or if you need to mess with your inventory.

Comment

Working...
              X