Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why can't I improve with shotguns and such?

Collapse
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been playing for a few weeks, and as a left handed player I have trouble switching into weapons and I cant use anything other than arrow keys efficently, but I always lose my shotgun fights even when i think my aim is pretty good, sometimes i miss every shot. any tips?

i havent improved one bit, and i lose the easiest fights with shotguns, even though i adore them
    I honestly feel like this isnt something i can improve in even though i seriously just want to be good at fps.

Comment

Okay so general shotgun tips.

1. Take your time, most people you come across have terrible movement and aiming. So take your time to line up and make sure you hit every single shot. It is better to spend 0.5second longer to make sure your shot hits than it is to miss entirely.
      2. Assume your enemy's next shot is going to be fatal even if you have 200 health. As soon as your enemy is looking in your direction build a wall in front of you to block his potential shot and start fighting for the high ground.
      3. Learn to peek shoot. Too many people when they have the high ground they'll jump on top of their enemy and hope that they one shot them, but it's better if you just take a little peek, quickly shoot the enemy and then duck behind your cover and repeat when you're ready to fire again.
      4. Use your movement to line up shots rather than your mouse. I'll link to a video from Daequan demonstrating this but basically your mouse should only be used to make minor adjustments to your final shot

Comment

• ClashforPeace commented
        Editing a comment
        Very helpful thanks

I just use a purple SMG and spray them in the face. Wastes tons of ammo, but it kills most of the shotgun noobs 9/10 times

Comment

• Umbreona Dark commented
        Editing a comment
        I rather enjoy the Plunger Bombs myself haaahaaa. If you are good with those it can lead to some hilarious moments.

• N4M3SN1P3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Indeed. I love sticking them on their heels, but sometimes they just rush you if you do that :/

The biggest thing is taking your time. You want to land that first shot head shot which sets you up to win the fight.

Comment

idk if it works yet

Comment

Originally posted by N4M3SN1P3 View Post
          I just use a purple SMG and spray them in the face. Wastes tons of ammo, but it kills most of the shotgun noobs 9/10 times
          ^^^ This,,,,
          If the person knows you are there, then put up some walls, get a lil distance and kill them with an SMG.
          They will do the same thing everytime...
          They will shoot at you and then jump in the air and shoot at you again when they land.
          If you start shooting at their face with an SMG at the same time they shoot at you, you will finish them off by the time they land. Dont waste your time jumping too. Just kill them and get it over with.

The shotgun is just not consistent enough yet to count on learning how to use it. I've landed plenty of headshots dealing 6 points of damage.
          It seems to be completely overpowered or useless. But the SMG, especially purple gets the job done.

I would say 9/10 times but then then PENTA-Parrot Who I guess is supposed to be the Ultimate God of Fortnite Statistics will get mad and call me a liar since there is no official way to prove that. He's like Dwight from "The Office" LoL

Comment

• PENTA-Parrot commented
            Editing a comment
            Just because I proved you wrong when you said you had a 30% win rate does not mean you need to get all flustered and bring up my name when you post. I will quite happily exist with you ignoring me thank you.

1. Predict his next movement and aim there near him!
          2. Learn to dodge too not just aim!
          3. Use the best weapon in the game in a shotgun fight. BUILDING! If u have a pump. Shoot then put a wall right in front of you to block yourself from taking damage while your pump is still cocking. If you have high ground. Shoot below then put a floor instead. If you have low ground, shoot then put a floor too.

pm. woops realize this is really old thread

Comment

Originally posted by N4M3SN1P3 View Post
            This is really good suggestion. Even vs decent players, if your aim is good you can almost always outburst a player with a pump but most your shots must hit vs good players in the first split second cause if he gets that 2nd hit off, you're dead. It's all about killing them within the time it takes them to reload and set up for their 2nd pump hit.

The beauty about this is that it doesn't need to be the purple smg only. They all actually do quite a bit of damage, the huge different you will notice between the colors is mostly accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by AresticAH View Post
              I've been playing for a few weeks, and as a left handed player I have trouble switching into weapons and I cant use anything other than arrow keys efficently, but I always lose my shotgun fights even when i think my aim is pretty good, sometimes i miss every shot. any tips?
              The good thing about you being bad at shotguns is that they are probably the easiest gun to learn in this game because of the ginormous crosshair.

It's only a matter of repetition until you get the gun down. In other words, it's muscle memory and probably the easiest one to memorize since it takes bigger swipes than the more precise ones you would normally need to take with an AR or any other weapon.

I don't really think there is a shortcut to learning how to aim better besides actually getting out there and playing. Only you can learn those movements your hand requires to adjust the pointer directly on a head. No one else is using your sensitivity//mouse. I learned that the hard way. Wasted hours and hours trying to find a shortcut by looking at guides, guides can only do so much, the rest is all about putting in the time.

FPS is all about memory. Probably be the dumbest person on the planet and still be good FPS player because of that reason. Practice, practice, practice and soon the hand movements will begin to feel natural.

Also, if you haven't already, set up your DPI to something low like 400-800 DPI and learn that, dont change or mess with the settings after you find a comfortable speed. Every time you mess with sensitivity you're ultimately resetting your hands movement memory.

Comment

i can get a good pump shot off but when i change to smg my aim goes absolute *** help pls

Comment

Working...
                X