X

Play with or without aim assist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play with or without aim assist?

For some reason when i turn on aim assist it hinders me more than helps. Like its useful at longer ranges with ar's. But when i move my crosshairs over opponent when aiming down sights it slows down to the point where i cant follow the enemy(too slow). And i feel like im actually fighting against the aim assist.

If you feel like it’s not helping, try turning it off.

Comment

I toggled it on and off quite a bit to try and figure this out when I first started playing, I typically will play all of my FPS with aim assist off where it can be turned off. However, I left it on to help me deal with the constant barrage of kangaroo bunny rabbit shot gun turds, which are a bit tricky to keep a reticle on with a joystick. I would recommend leaving it on and adjusting your ADS sensitivity to help you with the longer range fights.

Comment

Thx for the tips. I decided to leave my aim assist off. And get used to the aiming from there. I come from halo(no aim assist fps). With aim assist off, i could move freely over a target. Like i said before, i actually feel like im fighting it.(i would get to smg fights close range, when the aim assist shouldve helped me it like stopped me from locking on target) in that case i should cancel ads and ads again) prob with that is same thing happen(opponents strafe) crosshairs cant go on opponent because of aim assist. My settings are 6.5 x and y, 54 ads sens, and use control freeks

Comment

Update, if you look online there is alot of people complaining about the aim assist being too strong.

Comment

On Xbox, my aim assist doesn't work at all, literally does nothing. I have tried toggling it on and off and reinstalling Fortnite. Nothing helps.

On PC, if I plug a controller in, it works well.

It was only when I tried a controller on PC that I finally realized what was wrong.

Comment

Aim Assist kinda messes me up a little bit, when i’m aiming at an enemy im currently fighting and it points to another player, it follows the other player instead of the enemy im fighting and it distracts me, i turned it off and just practiced, I actually got used to it

Comment

Working...
              X