Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello guys here i am again with another question about high ground.

Collapse
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i have this problem i've noticed again.... as i have many problems idk how to deal with in game anyway.
    As i've earned the high ground or taken it from them and they jump down i have this problem where i just can't seem to locate them anymore and if they jump down they clump on my tower or w/e stairs etc so i cant get an angle on them to shoot them while they can???? it's just stupid and so frustrating that i lose a fight like this everytime

I’m having the same issue. Situations like this are difficult. Just blew myself up trying to rocket someone at the bottom of my base lol

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderBerg View Post
      I’m having the same issue. Situations like this are difficult. Just blew myself up trying to rocket someone at the bottom of my base lol
      Lol better stop this whole high ground thing and just clump on someones base but if i use the same tactic i get shot non stop

Comment

If you're in a 1 by 1 and someone is at the bottom of your tower(sometimes they even hide in it) edit through your own tower until you are the layer above them then place traps all around on their layer.

If you're meaning mid build battle, normally the foundation of what you're standing on is way more solid than you think often it's made up of several layers. So don't be afraid to shoot your own base to expose them. If it's a really weak foundation don't be afraid to work your way down and build up a little 1 by 1 away from the base then shoot down the foundation yourself so they become exposed. Normally when an enemy drops down it's to give themselves a chance to either reset the battle, heal or knock down the building at which time dropping down to just above their level so you can keep the pressure on isn't a bad idea. Heck sometimes even dropping beneath them, if it means you'll get to shoot them, is the correct decision.

People forget the goal of the game isn't to get the high ground but to kill your enemy, it's just getting the high ground often gives advantages that allow you to kill the enemy easier.
        Sometimes though the best thing to do is just to wait at the top of the high ground, if you're confident the enemy isn't knocking down the base then you can just wait for your opportunity, they'll have to move at some point. Unless it's the final zone in which case build down create a new base then start blasting structures.

Comment

Originally posted by PENTA-Parrot View Post
          If you're in a 1 by 1 and someone is at the bottom of your tower(sometimes they even hide in it) edit through your own tower until you are the layer above them then place traps all around on their layer.

If you're meaning mid build battle, normally the foundation of what you're standing on is way more solid than you think often it's made up of several layers. So don't be afraid to shoot your own base to expose them. If it's a really weak foundation don't be afraid to work your way down and build up a little 1 by 1 away from the base then shoot down the foundation yourself so they become exposed. Normally when an enemy drops down it's to give themselves a chance to either reset the battle, heal or knock down the building at which time dropping down to just above their level so you can keep the pressure on isn't a bad idea. Heck sometimes even dropping beneath them, if it means you'll get to shoot them, is the correct decision.

People forget the goal of the game isn't to get the high ground but to kill your enemy, it's just getting the high ground often gives advantages that allow you to kill the enemy easier.
          Sometimes though the best thing to do is just to wait at the top of the high ground, if you're confident the enemy isn't knocking down the base then you can just wait for your opportunity, they'll have to move at some point. Unless it's the final zone in which case build down create a new base then start blasting structures.
          I ment more in the sense of when i build a 1x1 and they dont go inside my own building, but instead they stick to my building on the bottom side.
          So i cant peak shot because of the angle nor can i shoot them, and they can shoot me for some reason when i peak too long what do i do in those kinds of situations.
          Just stick to high ground and not peak ?
          Last edited by 무거운 성도; 04-16-2018, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 무거운 성도 View Post

I ment more in the sense of when i build a 1x1 and they dont go inside my own building, but instead they stick to my building on the bottom side.
            So i cant peak shot because of the angle nor can i shoot them, and they can shoot me for some reason when i peak too long what do i do in those kinds of situations.
            Just stick to high ground and not peak ?
            edit down your tower till you're a level above where he's at, edit a wall on the side and get a shot on him that way. Or you can jump out of the tower and build a floor under you on the way down to catch yourself and get above him that way. Just have to try to think creatively! Dont forget about edits! You have full control over all the building of your original fort!

Comment

Okay so few things that spring to mind that you can do.

1. Edit through your own base and create a window when you're low enough and shoot them through this, this is incredibly risky to do though as it robs you of a lot of observational information whilst you are doing this aka you have no idea what is going on around you whilst you're working your way down through your base. However when it works it's hilarious.
              2. If you have explosives like an RPG just fire them at the base of your building, you're very unlikely to take out the entire thing with just one rocket.
              3. Build a floor out from your base so you can get a different angle on the bottom, make sure when you do this the floor ain't high enough that you'll die if they shoot it out though, you can build roofs on your floors to double their strength if you want.
              4. Build a floor on top of your base so you can get a much better view of what is beneath you, never stand still when doing this though as you have given up your cover to any snipers watching long range.
              5. Build stairs down, double up the stairs so they aren't easy to shoot down(default is R to rotate stairs). When you're near the bottom just jump down do a 180 and build a new 1 by 1. Remember to leave a trap in your old 1 by 1 before you leave. This will give you a new angle and cover.
              6. Just jump down and shoot them, 90% of the players who just wait at the bottom of a base rather than building for the high ground or knocking down the base are either complete potatoes or are out of materials, either way jumping down can be an option and a great surprise to them just be careful of fall damage.
              7. Ignore them, if they aren't knocking down your base and they aren't working for the high ground they can't damage you unless you let them, just remember they are there when you have to move because when you have to move they'll have to move also.

The easiest one to do is probably number 5, it might seem high risk giving up the high ground but you're not really you're just creating a new high ground to give you a better angle on shooting them.

Comment

Originally posted by XxVoidxX View Post

edit down your tower till you're a level above where he's at, edit a wall on the side and get a shot on him that way. Or you can jump out of the tower and build a floor under you on the way down to catch yourself and get above him that way. Just have to try to think creatively! Dont forget about edits! You have full control over all the building of your original fort!
                Well said, for some reason i forget i can edit my stuff often. Then die and realize... oh.. i could have just gotten that kill by doing a simple task and editing my building. Worst feeling in fornite is realizing how easy you could have gotten the kill with little to no damage taken lolz.

Comment

Yeah nr 5 seems like the best option as jumping down has killed me many times because if you miss you lose the high ground and it puts you back at nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by PENTA-Parrot View Post
                    Okay so few things that spring to mind that you can do.

1. Edit through your own base and create a window when you're low enough and shoot them through this, this is incredibly risky to do though as it robs you of a lot of observational information whilst you are doing this aka you have no idea what is going on around you whilst you're working your way down through your base. However when it works it's hilarious.
                    2. If you have explosives like an RPG just fire them at the base of your building, you're very unlikely to take out the entire thing with just one rocket.
                    3. Build a floor out from your base so you can get a different angle on the bottom, make sure when you do this the floor ain't high enough that you'll die if they shoot it out though, you can build roofs on your floors to double their strength if you want.
                    4. Build a floor on top of your base so you can get a much better view of what is beneath you, never stand still when doing this though as you have given up your cover to any snipers watching long range.
                    5. Build stairs down, double up the stairs so they aren't easy to shoot down(default is R to rotate stairs). When you're near the bottom just jump down do a 180 and build a new 1 by 1. Remember to leave a trap in your old 1 by 1 before you leave. This will give you a new angle and cover.
                    6. Just jump down and shoot them, 90% of the players who just wait at the bottom of a base rather than building for the high ground or knocking down the base are either complete potatoes or are out of materials, either way jumping down can be an option and a great surprise to them just be careful of fall damage.
                    7. Ignore them, if they aren't knocking down your base and they aren't working for the high ground they can't damage you unless you let them, just remember they are there when you have to move because when you have to move they'll have to move also.

The easiest one to do is probably number 5, it might seem high risk giving up the high ground but you're not really you're just creating a new high ground to give you a better angle on shooting them.
                    Editing my way threw back down would take me too long and give them time to come back up threw ramps real easy thats why i wouldnt prefer doing it like that.

Comment

Working...
                    X