X

Bad habits fortnite players have

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad habits fortnite players have

Here's a list of advice based on things I see in the squad modes that seem obvious but you'd be surprised how many people seem to not get them:

1. When playing Squads land with your squad. I don't know why people don't do this. If you wanted to play Solo then you should have played that mode. Nothing is more annoying than getting in a squad with three other people who land in three other places.

2. THERE IS PLENTY OF LOOT IN THE GAME YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LAND ON A LOCATION SOMEONE ELSE IS LANDING ON AND STEAL THEIR CHEST. If you see someone landing on a house/building/island in loot lake/etc then just move on. Land somewhere else and get your own stuff. I NEVER LAND WHERE SOMEONE ELSE HAS LANDED AND END UP WITH A GOOD LOAD OUT EVERY TIME.

3. REVIVE REVIVE REVIVE...Karma is a #%^$ and also the key to winning is having the most people on your side.

4. Don't be a troll. I understand parenting is a hobby these days, and most of you are kids with parents who don't teach you anything, but some of us are on the leader boards for our regions and play to stay there. Don't destroy your own teams structures, dance around team mates instead of reviving them and so on. This is $^#^%^% ^%$ *&%, it's not funny, it's not cool, no one is amazed at what a whimsical spirit you are, it's just lame. You come across as a spastic ADHD stricken product of bad parenting.

5. The Orange Justice and Hype emote are free, everyone has them, and no one is impressed.

6. Tilted Towers is the best place to land if you want a short and meaningless game. Also, do the math...40 players landing there...how likely are you to get a good load? Not very likely.

7. In 50V50 don't jump until you see the circle. That way you don't have to spend the whole game running. I assume you aren't playing Wii Fitness for a reason.

8. Also, in 50V50 running the whole game can cost your team the game. We need you in the fight, not taking the scenic route.

9. One more 50V50 note...FIGHT INSTEAD OF TRYING TO HORDE THE SUPPLY DROP. Man, it never fails I play this game probably at least 6 hours a day and almost every match I see people getting knocked down because instead of shooting at the enemy RIGHT BESIDE THEM ROFL, they are trying to open supply drop and horde all it's items. SMH

10. HELP the people on your team. If you have extra life, or an extra weapon then drop it for them. If you see TWO rocket launchers, and no one else is around, get both of them and drop one at the first team mate you see. Help your team win. It's kind of the WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME.

REMEMBER ABOVE ALL ELSE SQUAD MODES ARE NOT ABOUT JUST YOU BUT ABOUT THE WHOLE TEAM WINNING. HELP THEM, STAY TOGETHER, AND REVIVE REVIVE REVIVE!!!

you gotta build don't be just standing there shooting people can snipe and pump you its you vs everyone

Comment

Well said Doc.. ty.

Comment

[QUOTE="Darth_Madx;n497663"its you vs everyone[/QUOTE]

You don't understand the concept behind SQUADS do you? ROFL SMH It's not you V everyone. It's your SQUAD V other SQUADS.
        \

squad
        skwɒd/
        noun
        1. a small group of people having a particular task.
          "an assassination squad"
          synonyms: group, gang, band, body, crew, team, mob, crowd, outfit, force
          "an assassination squad"
          • a small number of soldiers assembled for drill or assigned to a special task.
            "the demolition squad from No. 6 Troop were blowing up the guns"
            synonyms: detachment, detail, platoon, battery, troop, patrol, squadron, cadre, commando; More
          • a group of sports players from which a team is chosen.
            "Ireland's World Cup squad"
        Last edited by DrDoomDude; 07-12-2018, 03:53 AM.

Comment

I got 1 tip for you, do not use the fill button and get into a search for good squad members through these forums and fortnite communitys.

Comment

Originally posted by GoodLocoDude View Post
            I got 1 tip for you, do not use the fill button and get into a search for good squad members through these forums and fortnite communitys.
            ROFL, you're right, but I live in Japan and I don't really know anyone who plays PS4 over here. I got a couple of friends from playing just to get the challenges associated with playing with other people, but they are all kids and play like such. I would love to play with other people who are as competitive as me, but all I get from fill is kids who play like they don't understand team based games. That's why I put this out. Maybe if people see these common mistakes in print they will be motivated to play together with some coherency and team work.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDoomDude View Post

ROFL, you're right, but I live in Japan and I don't really know anyone who plays PS4 over here. I got a couple of friends from playing just to get the challenges associated with playing with other people, but they are all kids and play like such. I would love to play with other people who are as competitive as me, but all I get from fill is kids who play like they don't understand team based games. That's why I put this out. Maybe if people see these common mistakes in print they will be motivated to play together with some coherency and team work.
              Not all of your complaints are mistakes. Some are bad players. Only way to fix that is for them to get better. Others are possibly better players that don't see others in large team modes worthwhile to save. Large team modes are casual. You'll find most of the new players in there. Helping the guy who stands in the open isn't worth it.

I enjoyed 20s the most (50s has too much lag). What I did was land in a major spot an enemy would go. Kill everyone there and hope my team got wiped out. That's already breaking 1, 3, 6 and 10. Fighting with a disadvantage is a lot more fun than with an advantage. Winning those modes are meaningless in the long run.

2) Will happen when landing with a large team. There's not enough loot for everyone.
              4) Don't feed the trolls. What leaderboard are you on?
              5) Some people like those emotes.
              7) Point 2.
              9) Someone standing in the open without cover in a fight is a new player. Let them learn their mistake.

Expect no help from teammates outside to the ones you're talking to. You'll have more fun that way, and you'll be surprised when you do have one helping.

Comment

Are they not big on gaming on consoles in Japan? Is it mainly PC gaming? I would assume they are very much into gaming but why is it hard to find people on PS4 in Japan? Sony is a Japanese company as well. Not insulting just curious.

Comment

1. When playing Squads land with your squad. I don't know why people don't do this. If you wanted to play Solo then you should have played that mode. Nothing is more annoying than getting in a squad with three other people who land in three other places.
                  I agree in principle with this but inevitably if I strike out on my own I'm always the sole squad survivor. Squads always want to jump early and get killed in <5 minutes; I prefer jumping late.

Comment

Working...
                  X