Collapse
X

Tired of not getting better ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more games with zero chance because of cheaters, lames and leets ... people getting kills they don't do squat to deserve ... Epic, I resent being used as a target, thanks a lot you unethical uncaring abusive people :-( :-(

this game can really suck ...

Comment

Every update i become a new player. All my skills get demolished by players that dont miss a shot and have no lag, i usually dont get lag but i guess every update there is more lag, its a thing but its weird that instead of the difficulty increasing for everyone it only happens to me. I really cant play fortnite if its going to treat me like trash. Please do something with lag and for enemies being too good even when im better than most of fortnite players. Please put me in lobbies that have people with similar fortnite tracker stats.

Comment

more games where I'm just a target, man, I can't tell you how much that SUCKS! (*^&)(*&^

Comment

Wow, I got so frustrated today, I finally completely turned the box off, installed a second, second hand video card and now I'm back with SLI and a better and more consistent frame rates, I seem to be averaging above 60 FPS now most of the time with repeated peaks near 100 and lows in the 30s. I just wish I knew for sure which is better, throttled FPS or not?? Right now I'm going with not capping my frame rate at 60, hoping the higher FPS will occasionally allow me to do better ... I also noticed when I run OBS, I cannot run Fortnite in fullscreen mode, which definitely costs me about a ten percent FPS reduction.

So I tried playing, it's better but I still suck.at.this.game ;~)

Comment

sigh ,,, obviously still not enough, I feel like I can't possibly win in one on ones, I'm just not able to react or aim quickly enough and other people are all over me every time ... need more FPS

Comment

What helped me was getting a new mouse, and of course tons of practice.

I also looked at other peoples settings. I use similar keybindings to Tfue as the mouse I got is a Steelseries 310 too.

Comment

Me too. I suck

Comment

Ok, did a little better today, the hardware upgrade made the game more playable and I felt more competitive but I still got my butt kicked. Most of the people I play against are apparently much better than me. Definitely would be helpful to have an even higher FPS rate tho ...

Comment

• SLxTnT commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What are you currently playing at?

Looked at a previous post. Higher than 60 FPS isn't needed, unless you have a monitor with a higher refresh rate. 144FPS on a 144Hz monitor will make things more smooth though.

I'm looking for people to play with. I have mic. If anyone wants to send request it's Kelvintikimdm.

Comment

• lowly_grunt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'll try and look you up Kelvin.

I'm not sure what you mean about what I'm playing at ... maybe FPS? Personally, I'd like an even higher FPS rate because I believe to compete fairly against some of these people, one way to do it is to have equally powerful hardware in the video dept. especially. I honestly think 60 FPS isn't enough these days. I suspect 120 FPS is the real minimum these days and would provide me with more success. Although I'm sure talent and experience play a large role, I'm also convinced that hardware performance plays a large role also. I'm eventually going to upgrade enough to see if this is true. Does anyone else have any experience with their success before and after a major hardware upgrade?

Comment

My $0.02

I'm an average gamer. Have played a lot on PS through the early years. Switched to PC some years ago. FPS was not my thing, but i could use my keyboard and mouse pretty well. My daughter got me into fortnite halfway through season 6. I play on an hp laptop with an intel i5 thats about 2 years old. AND i use wifi.

I've spent hours in playground practicing building and aiming. Trying to find MY perfect settings. It took awhile, but i think i've got them nailed down. As for building...i still suck. Yes, i'm better than what i was when i first started, but still need a lot of improvement. As for aiming, i'm a heck of a lot better. But...

My settings are all low just to get around 40-50fps. I use 1280x720. 3D is set at 50%. My brightness is set at 40. Helps make the crosshairs a bit more visible. PLUS my ping is around 70-100. I know if me and another player hit the fire button at the exact same time, i'm getting knocked. I plan to upgrade in the near future with a better desktop and ethernet. But for now...i just deal with it.

There will ALWAYS be a small percentage of cheaters in video games. AND there will always be some players that are better than you. Even on ethernet, ping can still go from 25 to 35 in a blink of an eye. Yes, it is a bit of luck who can hit that fire button when their ping drops to 25. PLUS...maybe they got the better roll of the dice with their bloom.

There's nothing we can do in this game too be a perfect 100% shot. But you can get a better setup. If on pc, get a better rig that can handle high settings. On console, get a tv with a higher refresh rate. Or play on a monitor like a friend of mine does (monitors usually have a higher refresh rate). And on both pc and console, upgrade to get that ping as low as possible. My friend who plays with the monitor on console gets around 15.

Comment

Originally posted by lowly_grunt View Post
                      I'm not sure what you mean about what I'm playing at ... maybe FPS? Personally, I'd like an even higher FPS rate because I believe to compete fairly against some of these people, one way to do it is to have equally powerful hardware in the video dept. especially. I honestly think 60 FPS isn't enough these days. I suspect 120 FPS is the real minimum these days and would provide me with more success. Although I'm sure talent and experience play a large role, I'm also convinced that hardware performance plays a large role also. I'm eventually going to upgrade enough to see if this is true. Does anyone else have any experience with their success before and after a major hardware upgrade?
                      It's true playing on higher frames produces smoother movement, you can unsync and run over 60 frames but if your monitor is capped at 60hz you're not experiencing the true extra benefit from those frames.
                      But yes playing with more frames with the proper monitor its a different experience and its hard to explain. Will the added frames/etc magically help with aim & building, my opinionis no. I cap my frames at 240 with unlimited the frames go up to 320/380 in game, OC there is no telling how high the number could go, but that amount is not needed. Depending on the age of your setup to achieve higher frames you likely have to upgrade your entire system.

The last time I was at Best Buy a kid was buying a new graphics card for a PC and the power supply unit in the pc didn't even have the modern 8 pin connectors, old Athlon processor, and his monitor was vga connection only - I dare to say the pc didn't even have the correct PCIe slot. Needless to say when he got home he then knew I was telling him (and his mom) the truth. I gathered all this simply because they said they had windows vista installed since factory.

Comment

takes awhile man just practice edit courses

Comment

ok I ran 3Dmark and scored 3316 IN Fire Strike (V1.1), I'm seeing less lags and it definitely feels more responsive since I added the second video card ... now I'm going to switch to a cheap thermaltake gaming keyboard and see if that helps at all ..anybody mess with keypress repeat or delay?

Comment

Hi sjdudibeud sjdnxje rjdjdj

Comment

Working...
                            X