Guide to getting maximum FPS on a Macbook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide to getting maximum FPS on a Macbook

The following are based on what I have found to help and benefit my overall playing experience. I have tested this on my 2015 macbook Pro and get 35-55 fps ingame, 90ish pregame and 160 in matchmaking lobby.

1) PLAY IN BOOTCAMP. I feel in bootcamp u can get real boost in fps. ALS ALL THE FOLLOWING DETAILS APPLY TO DOING THIS IN BOOTCAMP.

2) Remove the grass. Heres a video detailing how to -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STk6x3M3-f8 THIS GIVES THE BIGGEST FPS boost.

3) Set all the settings to low (or medium for things like anti aliasing that for me didnt impact fps that much + post processing).

4) Set Mac-shipping-Fortnite.exe priority to Above Normal(otherwise heats up like crazy)

5) Change Performance settings. To do this right click on Computer properties and it should take you to a screen that shows computer specs, OS etc. To the left click advanced settings. CLick Performance settings and deselect everything apart from things you may want to leave.

6) Don't have anything running in the background like chrome.(I leave spotify and discord running for obvious reasons)

7) Turn audio quality to Low.

8) PLAY IN FULLSCREEN. i cant stress this enough but this gives alot more fps than being in fullscreen windowed.

ALSO if someone can find the files in the mac version where engine, and game settings are (that have resolution settings etc in them) that would be helpful and could basically make obsolete playing on bootcamp.

Hope these help you, definitely helped me.(also guide is made by me :D )

Dang I do not know how to change the priority on a mac

Comment

I found where the files are.
      /Users/robertehrlish/Library/Application Support/Epic/EpicGamesLauncher/Intermediate/Config/CoalescedSourceConfigs
      And the file that has to do with graphics is called EditorPerProjectUserSettings.ini

Comment

That file also allows you to change FOV!

Comment

I do not follow what do you mean by playing in bootcamp? Install windows 10 on mac?

Comment

Originally posted by xELiT3xPRODiiGY View Post
            I found where the files are.
            /Users/robertehrlish/Library/Application Support/Epic/EpicGamesLauncher/Intermediate/Config/CoalescedSourceConfigs
            And the file that has to do with graphics is called EditorPerProjectUserSettings.ini
            So you got the grass off? Where exactly you paste those lines?

Comment

• TheTurban commented
              Editing a comment
              No longer works with the newest update. They removed any edits done to engine.ini

Originally posted by TheTurban View Post
            The following are based on what I have found to help and benefit my overall playing experience. I have tested this on my 2015 macbook Pro and get 35-55 fps ingame, 90ish pregame and 160 in matchmaking lobby.

4) Set Mac-shipping-Fortnite.exe priority to Above Normal(otherwise heats up like crazy)

Hi ! Sorry i don't know how to set Mac-Shipping-Fortnite.exe to above normal can you help me please ?
            Thanks a lot !

Comment

Originally posted by Spacetime007 View Post

Hi ! Sorry i don't know how to set Mac-Shipping-Fortnite.exe to above normal can you help me please ?
              Thanks a lot !
              sure, go to task manager, which if u right click on the Task bar(windows) you will find it there. After that, go to "details" and find "Mac-Shipping-Fortnite.exe". Right click it,--> set priority, --> High etc.

Comment

How do you set the mac-shipping-fortnite.exe to above normal without windows?

Comment

bonjour je ne peux pas installer fortuiteur mon macbook pro car cela me met incompatible avec cette version d os car jais os sierra et il faux avoir osx pouvez vous m aider svp

Comment

I don't think you know how a mac works buddy

Comment

Thats Racist

Comment

I have a Mac Book Air, as I hit install fortnite on the epic games Launcher, I get a message saying, are you sure you want to run fortnite, as your system is not good enough, and fortnite may crash

Comment

Originally posted by hit.your.shotzz View Post
                          I have a Mac Book Air, as I hit install fortnite on the epic games Launcher, I get a message saying, are you sure you want to run fortnite, as your system is not good enough, and fortnite may crash
                          this may be because your specs are too low.

Comment

Working...
                          X