X

Periodic high ping every game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Periodic high ping every game

Preface: I play on NA-West servers on a wireless connection without the possibility of going wired, and reportedly get 42-50 ms ping and in game usually stays between 30-45. My graphic settings are all on low.
    Ever since week 8 of Season 7, there have been periodic ping spikes. At first, it was for a few seconds at a time. As the updates rolled around, the ping spikes have been increasing in duration. The game completely freezes as the ping supposedly reaches 300-800 according to net debug stats. The ping spikes leave me frozen in place for 20-30 seconds to a few minutes. Season 8 rolled around, and now it happens in every single game, either solos, duos, squads or any LTM. As of this week, I have not been able to finish a single game, since the ping spikes last for more than 2 minutes now, and finally disconnects me. This has happened for 20/20 matches that I've tried to play. Unfortunately, I can not and will not try to play another game till a new update rolls out or the people at Fortnite release a fix.

What I've tried:
    1. Clean reboot of my system
    2. Reset my wireless router
    3. Reinstalled Fortnite
    4. Uninstalled and reinstalled all my network drivers
    5. Reinstalled my graphics drivers.
    6. Run speed tests and ping tests during my gameplay (which shows no loss in latency during the ping spike)
    7. Looked through my device monitor for system, network or CPU errors, and found none relating to the application.
    8. Run Fortnite with all other programs closed.

If it wasn't obvious already, I love playing the game, despite my potato computer (i5-7200U, 8 GB DDR4 RAM, 2GB NVidia GeForce 940MX), and hope that Fortnite gets to fixing this soon. There are other threads highlighting the same issue with no response, but I'm holding out for hope.

this is most likely a season 8 problem because there were no problems before season 5

Comment

Working...
    X