X

Fortnite season 8 crashes entire PC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fortnite season 8 crashes entire PC

PLATFORM: PC (i3-4150, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 3GB)
    EPIC USERNAME: JBG0801_2
    ISSUE: system crashes at random intervals while playing fortnite (STW/BR)
    HOW TO REPRODUCE: genuinely not sure, don't know if this is an issue with fortnite, or my PC.
    DATE/UPDATE FIRST ENCOUNTERED: V8.00 UPDATE

so when I was playing battle royale on my PC when season 8 came out, it caused my computer to BSOD (this only happened in normal modes, not creative/playground)
    and at one point, one of the chips on my motherboard gave out.
    Luckily, I had a spare, and replaced it. After this, the BSODs stopped, but now when I play, at any random interval within 3 games of launching, all in-game audio will get looped, my screen blacks, and any fans that have a controller (such as my GTX 1060's fans, which can be modified by the O/S depending on what's needed) will go to 100% speed. My USBs stop responding, although my RGB patterns on my keyboard/mouse continue to run
    I have to restart my PC, however, if I had discord running to talk to my friends, it will be fine until 10 seconds in
    they can still hear me, and I can still hear them, but 10 seconds in, my speakers make this agressive buzzing sound instead.
    Any ideas? this only happens on fortnite, not even other UE4 processes, not the engine, not ARK, not my own game I've made in UE4, no UE4 process other than fortnite.
    thanks.

EDIT:
    after waiting for over a month, unfortunately, all I've got from this report has been other people complaining about the same thing
    I can remember a time when epic games actually cared.
    That time is blatantly over.
    Thank you epic, very cool.
    Last edited by Jbg0801_2; 04-06-2019, 04:34 PM.

Same to me like i can get in the game but then my pc crashes

Comment

I still have a similar problem on my new HP OMEN 15 that I just got the end of January 2019. Fortnite was working fine until Season 8, that's when I started experiencing screen freeze either right before getting on the bus, or mostly right after exiting the bus and descending. In addition to that, I'm constantly seeing "login failed". My OEM graphics card is an Nvidia GTX1060 with 6 GB; my laptop has 16GB of RAM. I'm hooked up via ethernet and have checked the connection speed and it is consistently over 100mbps. Epic...would it have anything to do with the two-factor login? Today, when I did Ctrl Alt Delete to restart, I saw a message about "invalid game security....anti-cheat"....I do use a two-factor login, but it only asks me for the code when I login to the Epic website, not when I run the game from my laptop.
      Last edited by 1999 3000GT; 03-18-2019, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnWickulet View Post
        Same to me like i can get in the game but then my pc crashes
        yep, that's what happens. Screen blacks, audio loops.Computer crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by 1999 3000GT View Post
          I still have a similar problem on my new HP OMEN 15 that I just got the end of January 2019. Fortnite was working fine until Season 8, that's when I started experiencing screen freeze either right before getting on the bus, or mostly right after exiting the bus and descending. In addition to that, I'm constantly seeing "login failed". My OEM graphics card is an Nvidia GTX1060 with 6 GB; my laptop has 16GB of RAM. I'm hooked up via ethernet and have checked the connection speed and it is consistently over 100mbps. Epic...would it have anything to do with the two-factor login? Today, when I did Ctrl Alt Delete to restart, I saw a message about "invalid game security....anti-cheat"....I do use a two-factor login, but it only asks me for the code when I login to the Epic website, not when I run the game from my laptop.
          I'm not sure about the 2FA thing, but it's worth a shot.
          maybe try disabling it and playing if it says it's a problem with it?
          also, can you get me the full error, I can see if it sounds familiar with it.
          I think I may know the one, but there's about 3 of them.
          Last edited by Jbg0801_2; 03-29-2019, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X