Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox crashes during loading screen since 8.10 update

Platform: Xbox
    Epic Username: Nikku187
    Issue: Xbox randomly crashes during loading screens.
    How to reproduce: happens randomly, sometimes one crash per day, sometimes 3 crashes a day.
    Date first encountered: March 12th, 2019
    Additional information: It only occurs when I do fill games like squads or LTMS, doesn't happen in solos or no fill.

For some odd reason, whenever I've played a few matches of Fortnite and go into a new game, I'll be in the loading screen and I just randomly crash. I don't know if any other platforms experience this, but Xbox are receiving it bad and daily.

--> Any fixes?

Comment

It happened to me on every 2 matches on xbox

Comment

It happened to me in every 2 matches on xbox

Comment

Me too Pls Epic Games why?

Comment

Same here any fix

Comment

Same here. Epic please fix ur game.

Comment

Same thing happens to me, get to the loading screen, and then I get booted from the game.

Comment

friends i play with are having multiple crashes when we squad up. i had my game randomly crash as well

Comment

seriously no one else is having this issue?

Comment

My wife is having this problem, it began with the latest update. It started crashing for her on every second game. Then there was a small patch within the same day I believe, and that patch cleared it up somewhat, however now there's a new problem. It seems that the game will always crash loading into her first game played without fail. After that, it will not crash so long as she doesn't party up with a PS4 user. It seems that matchmaking when teamed up with a PS4 player (in lobby) crashes her while loading into the match, but being matchmade into a random crossplay team comprised of XBO & PS4 users works fine. We've also tested with some PC user friends and there's no problem there at all -- it's specifically involving XBO and PS4.

Now I'm aware that Epic recently stated that XBO and PS4 had been combined into the same matchmaking pool, and all this nonsense began with that very update going live. For whatever reason these two console pools have been combined into one, undo it, it's created more problems than solutions.

Additionally, my own XBO account has been experiencing dreadful 1,100 ping games over the last 24hrs. Needless to say, that is unplayable and that's why I'm here now.

You have a meltdown crisis with XBO users Epic.

Comment

Recently, after update 8.10, when attempting to get into a game with people playing on PS4, Fortnite will crash and send me to the home screen. I played on PC, no issue. Playground works somewhat consistently, but duo and squad doesn't in my experiences.

Comment

I have the same issue here as well. I think of you do no fill it will stop crashing. Didn't crash on me in solos.

Comment

Same issue here as well.Crashes during loading to the pre game island.Never had this problem before the latest update.Going to uninstall game and try re-installing it to see if that makes any difference.

Comment

Same issue here as well.Crashes during loading to the pre game island.Never had this problem before the latest update.
                              Happens in all game modes.
                              Going to uninstall game and try re-installing it to see if that makes any difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X