Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clinger, Stink bomb, and grenade challenge not working.

Collapse
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Platform: Xbox One
    • Epic or Console Username: CoolBiz125
    • Issue: When dealing damage with a clinger, stink bomb, or grenade, it will not count towards the weekly challenge.
    • How to reproduce: Throw a clinger, stink bomb, or grenade at an enemy and deal damage. When damage has been dealt, it will damage the enemy but not count toward the challenge.
    • Date/update first encountered: 8/9/18
    • Any additional details: This affects all modes. No other challenges are affected.
    Day 1 Fortnite Player; September 26, 2017.

I've just had this same problem. I also still have the Week 1 Challenge to complete with 2/3 Clinger, Stink Bomb, or Grenade eliminations. I just killed someone with a grenade but it still says 2/3, and it didn't add any damage at all to the /300 Week 5 Challenge.

EDIT: I've just killed someone with a clinger and got the Week 1 Challenge completed. Then at the end of the game it came up saying 100/300 damage for the Week 5 Challenge. So it seems it's just a problem with grenades.
    Last edited by jsell5; 08-09-2018, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• Tex_Fx commented
      Editing a comment
      I play on pc and mobile and its not working for me too

• jsell5 commented
      Editing a comment
      I killed 2 people with clingers in the same game, at the end of the game it completed the challenge. Not when I killed them.

• Bulletspammer405 commented
      Editing a comment
      This is still happening on ps4. I should be well done with this challenge but it’s not counting.

Same here ps4

Comment

Did you make sure to eliminate players with those weapons? It won't work if you knockdown players with them, and then finish them with a different weapon (Referring to the 'Eliminate 3 opponants with Clingers, Stink bombs, or Grenades). I had this challenge myself, and it worked when I shotgunned to knockdown players, then finish them with the clingers. I done this in the Squad match.

Try eliminating/finishing players off with them, knockdowns don't seem to count.

Comment

• jsell5 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it's a bug since the Week 5 Challenges came out but was fine before then. I've definitely eliminated people and not had either of the challenges added up.

• G3TClappedKidツ commented
        Editing a comment
        no i just killed a person in solos with a clinger and it didnt count any damage

• Tex_Fx commented
        Editing a comment
        This fortnite update just made everything bug

It does not work. It says "Deal damage to players with stink bombs, clingers, and grenades." I knocked down an opponent with grenades and it did not get recorded for my challenge.

Comment

same not getting any progress on PC

Comment

So I used a stink bomb, and it got me to 110/300. However, clingers and grenades did not count. Possibly, they could have patched it, or, it’s just stink bombs that work.
          Day 1 Fortnite Player; September 26, 2017.

Comment

I've got 100 damage for my progress with a Clinger blowing off an opponents shields.

But just in my last match I threw grenades, which knocked and eliminated 2 players, yet there wasn't any damage progress since the challenge still says 100/300.

I haven't tried Stink bombs yet, but so far the clinger was the only weapon that registered damage for the challenge.
            I'm playing on PC.

Comment

I knocked two people consecutively with grenades... I am very upset...

Comment

• pokenom08 commented
                Editing a comment
                It's not helpful that explosions have completely random range that favors the enemy.

I used clingers to get to 100/300 and killed 4 players with grenades in a solo match and it did not count. I am yet to try the stink bombs. So from what I have reviewed, the grenade hit markers are glitched for the challenge.

Comment

same i shoudlve gotten the challenge already but still at 0

Comment

i got 1 person with a clinger, no damage added to challenge, 3 people with grenades, no damage added, i will try stink bombs, but that will be very slow :(

Comment

Stink Bombs work, Grenades don't, and Clingers are inconsistent. Downed two people and then 'sploded em, only one of them counted. (Someone knocked me super close, so I killed myself, but if that's the reason it didn't count then Epic has A LOT of things they need to fix.)

Comment

I’m having the same issue. Please fix this epic.

Comment

I have not hit anyone with the gas grenade so I can’t speak for it, however it get damage recorded when I hit someone with the stickey (knocked or alive), none of the damage is recorded when I hit the with the normal grenade (knocked or alive)

Comment

Working...
                        X