Nintendo Switch Recording Feature not Supported Any More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo Switch Recording Feature not Supported Any More

To whom may concern,

Before the Update 5.40.2 took place, I was able to record the last 30 seconds of my gameplay by holding the capture button on the Switch Joycon but after the update released, I wasn't able to record. It displayed a message saying "Videos cannot be captured for this software".

Please help me and thanks for the respond.

Sincerely,
    Novainius

Yes, I like to save my 30 second highlights and would like to know why it has been disabled. Just when I thought the Switch version was being improved :-(

Comment

• chicken_ninja_1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that they should bring it back cause if you get lucky kills then you could save them please bring back it was very nice like the person said right above I thought it was getting better not worse

• Cas Gamer NL commented
      Editing a comment
      you do know that Nintendo removed it right?

I just started to play with the new update on this patch & noticed right away I couldn’t record the clip on my Nintendo Switch. I’m so bummed because my friend finally had a Squad win and we weren’t even able to capture that win due to this bug! Epic I really hope you fix this ASAP. The Nintendo Switch is already on the back burner of consoles for Fortnite, and this just adds on to the issues we’ve been having. It sucks :(

Comment

Yes please fix this problem. I loved recording the 30 second clips and after the update I can't any more

Comment

If this isnt because Epic is giving us Career and Replays they really need to fix this ASAP!

Comment

Epic give back the video capture please.

Comment

same problem here. I guess this problem occurs with the overall switch users..

Comment

Needs to be added back ASAP! Unless we are getting replays, career or Save the world then epic need to add it back!

Comment

I just noticed this too. Why did they have to do this? At least give us Career mode, with Replay mode

Comment

I just noticed this too. Why did they have to do this? At least give us Career mode, with Replay mode.

Comment

Is incredible how epic create new bugs in every single version.

This is how Epic works fixing the bugs:
                    https://media2.giphy.com/media/11ZSwQNWba4YF2/giphy.gif

Comment

• cengizna commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lol that is really true tho I’m sick of it

• zardOz2252 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Bravo. Seems Switch users getting short end. Console blaming is a little lame in this era

It's strange, but I doubt it was intentional. I just hope they enable it soon, because I always enjoyed saving funny/memorable moments. And with S6 just around the corner, there's probably gonna be some crazy events taking place.

Comment

The only viable reason I can think of for an -intentional- disabling of it would be that the Switch's monitoring of the last 30 seconds of input(regardless of what's being played, for the sake of this issue) is actually cutting into it's resources needed to run the game.......which WOULD explain some of the reported issues the game had been showing since before the patch....

Comment

Please Bring This Back!

Comment

Can we at least get an answer on whether this was intentional or not?

Comment

Working...
                          X