Please... for the love of God can we get some help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• [REPORTED] Please... for the love of God can we get some help

Hundreds of players have been locked out of playing Fortnite for months because of your False IP ban wave a while back. Is it too much to ask to get a freaking response from someone?

Yes, yes it is.

Comment

Up this, im sick and tired of waiting weeks for a simply automated reply.

They really need to up their customer support because its horrible and slow.

Also watch out for the programs your running in the background, even though its not a cheat or anything they just ban you on sight when running a program for a different game that has nothing to do with cheating or fortnite.

Comment

I was running Discord for voice along with everyone else I was playing with, had no issues for a solid month. Logged in one day to see I'd been banned. This is BS. I keep getting the same automated reply of "The temporary kick will expire in 7 days." ITS BEEN NEARLY 2 MONTHS!

Comment

Up this!! What is up with this man! nobody gets a solid response

Comment

I didn't even know this was going on
            ACspartan31
            Xbox One S

Comment

They Reported this, so hopefully it is going to get fixed :(

Comment

Originally posted by VergeGamer View Post
                They Reported this, so hopefully it is going to get fixed :(
                Lets hope so playing on the PS4 is not the same experience..

Comment

Originally posted by Jossaaaa View Post

Lets hope so playing on the PS4 is not the same experience..
                  Yep, I can play on Xbox but the game blows on console... its so much better on PC

Comment

Its so laggy for me too I can't get 60 fps on the ps4

Comment

Still waiting....

Comment

Ok new day, still not able to play and still no response BUMP!!

Comment

i'll join the group of waiting. happened to me after the halloween update. still no response.

if they don't fix it we might want to act with our wallets folks. if you get my drift.

Comment

Originally posted by Alethia View Post
                            i'll join the group of waiting. happened to me after the halloween update. still no response.

if they don't fix it we might want to act with our wallets folks. if you get my drift.
                            I don't, act with our wallets? Like im gonna pay any of these money grabbing pieces off ....

Comment

-nevermind this-

Didnt work :(
                              Last edited by Jossaaaa; 12-20-2017, 02:05 PM.

Comment

The games been down for me and a bunch of others that can't play either because of the ban or data corrupted files. With no hope of returning seems like they plan on just dishing out new content and coming over the situation with this content and try an pull new players to replace us lol.

Comment

Well I see people from the Fortnite team replying to other people but not to us :\

Comment

Support replyed to me today same message : please wait 1 week" bs still cant play and waited more then 2 week now

Comment

This is taking way to long!

Comment

[EPIC] Afro Thunder II [EPIC] AfroDeezyShak [EPIC] Alpacalyptic [EPIC] Astro [EPIC] Flak

Comment

Before Battle Royale I read that they try to respond in less then 24 hours...

what a shame

Comment

I think that was a typo it was meant to say with in 24 weeks...lol

Comment

I don't, act with our wallets? Like im gonna pay any of these money grabbing pieces off ....
                                              no im talking about not giving them anything more at all until they fix it. i have a group of about 25 friends who have already done so until they can fix this issue. we were all hit in that random wave of ip bans.

and considering they never had reason to ban any one of us. we've been playing pve games since day 1. not logged once into battle royale. unless of course using discord in pve is cheating. or having a firewall turned on is cheating we've done zero wrong.

Comment

Buuuuuuump

Comment

If anyone gets a message that isn't 1 of the many automated messages please let us know :\

Im getting really frustrated now...

Comment

Don't hold your breath all I've gotten is a email talking about what the current prices of the game

Comment

So anyone any updates? I cant believe that they literally ignore every player here!!

Comment

Bumping gdfgdfgdf

Comment

What is taking u soo long? Can we just get an answer atleast. [EPIC] Afro Thunder II [EPIC] AfroDeezyShak [EPIC] Boomer [EPIC] c0mp [EPIC] Fitz [EPIC] Flak

Comment

Bump.......

Comment

seriously epic. im about to literally have my bank force refund EVERYTHING ive ever spent on fortnite if you dont start responding.

i have been waiting 3 MONTHS to play again and ive had it with your copy paste support replies. im sure there are plenty more people as angry as me out there.
                                                              Last edited by Alethia; 12-23-2017, 05:37 AM.

Comment

seriously epic. im about to literally have my bank force refund EVERYTHING ive ever spent on fortnite if you dont start responding.

i have been waiting 3 MONTHS to play again and ive had it with your copy paste support replies. im sure there are plenty more people as angry as me out there.
                                                                Im ******, getting banned for doing nothing wrong and just when I started love playing this game.

No support or whatever to help either is making it 10x worse

Comment

Well guess it's time to start writing to Game Informer and other gaming magazines describing our issues with them. Once it hits there pages I bet epic will contact us then...

Comment

I cant believe it has come this far, something so simple for them to fix

Comment

Originally posted by ZWAG_BAG View Post
                                                                      Well guess it's time to start writing to Game Informer and other gaming magazines describing our issues with them. Once it hits there pages I bet epic will contact us then...

honestly we all should. its not just game informer that will make a dent. we need the attention of IGN

Comment

Sure email?

Comment

Sure email?
                                                                          im working on it honestly, its been a while since i talked to them. thank GOD i never agreed to a game review video for this game. or i wouldve been screwed

Comment

All this effort for a simple response or some help..

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Lol, this is insane...

Comment

• #40
                                                                                4 topics on the front page and still no effort to respond he...

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Hello Tyler,

Thanks for contacting Epic Games Player Support.

If you were kicked from a match with a message regarding “IP, VPN, machine, or cheating” but are still able to launch the game, you are likely being removed from matches due to previously detected cheating behavior originating from this IP address.

If you have already received this message but are still getting kicked even after the 7 day period has ended, this would indicate that the behavior that caused the original kick is still being detected.

Epic Games Player Support does not have any ability to bypass this kick behavior.

THIS IS THE SAME ****ING RESPONSE IVE GOTTEN A DOZEN TIMES. [EPIC] Flak do your ****ing job you prepubescent little idiot.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    This is not just annoying but provoking to and im getting really ******

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      they don't seem to care and only want money. i suggest after the holidays are over we all start calling our respective banks and mass refunding. that will get thier attention. considering nothing else actually does

i literally had 4 programs running last time i started fortnite:

antivirus (which i closed and did a test without. same result)
                                                                                      firewall and browsing privacy program (closed, same result)
                                                                                      CCcleaner monitoring app (same result when closed)
                                                                                      Discord (never had a problem before but tried it anyways with same result)

during these test i had the cooperation of my ISP. i sat online with a bell technician for an hour and a half having him rotate my ip to a new one each test.

this is your banning system being broken. i did my final test on a clean install of windows on another pc. with just fortnite installed and a new IP. and got the EXACT SAME RESULT.

the ban system is ********. fix it or do none of you realize its truly BROKEN and continue to blame your end users.

they dont seem to realize, especially if they are using battleye as an anti-cheat. how broken it truly is. i mean i used to play arma 2/arma 3 battleye was so broken it was banning people for using teamspeak and discord. thousands of refunds insued after it happened.

i have a feeling this game will have the same fate if they dont fix it. lazy devs face ill consiquences.

EDIT: and knowing them, i may even get banned just for calling them out on this
                                                                                      Last edited by Alethia; 12-25-2017, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        they don't seem to care and only want money. i suggest after the holidays are over we all start calling our respective banks and mass refunding. that will get thier attention. considering nothing else actually does

i literally had 4 programs running last time i started fortnite:

antivirus (which i closed and did a test without. same result)
                                                                                        firewall and browsing privacy program (closed, same result)
                                                                                        CCcleaner monitoring app (same result when closed)
                                                                                        Discord (never had a problem before but tried it anyways with same result)

during these test i had the cooperation of my ISP. i sat online with a bell technician for an hour and a half having him rotate my ip to a new one each test.

this is your banning system being broken. i did my final test on a clean install of windows on another pc. with just fortnite installed and a new IP. and got the EXACT SAME RESULT.

the ban system is ********. fix it or do none of you realize its truly BROKEN and continue to blame your end users.

they dont seem to realize, especially if they are using battleye as an anti-cheat. how broken it truly is. i mean i used to play arma 2/arma 3 battleye was so broken it was banning people for using teamspeak and discord. thousands of refunds insued after it happened.

i have a feeling this game will have the same fate if they dont fix it. lazy devs face ill consiquences.

EDIT: and knowing them, i may even get banned just for calling them out on this
                                                                                        Really a clean install of windows did not unban you??!?

They might not like your comment but I agree 100%
                                                                                        How can they have a new weapon or new grenade coming out every week if they dont even care about their players...

Just shows how money grabbing they are

Comment

• #45

Really a clean install of windows did not unban you??!?

They might not like your comment but I agree 100%
                                                                                          How can they have a new weapon or new grenade coming out every week if they dont even care about their players...

Just shows how money grabbing they are
                                                                                          epic games used to be better than this. they should be quite imbarassed with whats going on, let alone none of us getting a response to the problem at all. it can be as "reported" as it wants. they don't seem to want to do thier job. this game will be a disaster support wise if they release out of beta any time soon

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            idk why i'm commenting, I have an entirely different problem. (everytime i click launch, it says busy, then goes back to launch.)

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Well atleast your bumping the topic

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Still waiting

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  I can’t even get logged into the game. I am a new XBOX Live Gold member. I have an XBox1S and downloaded Fortnite Battle Royale. I merged my PS4 Epic Account with my XBox Epic account. When I did that, the Fortnite login disappeared on my XBox. I cannot get to the Fortnite login page. I get an error saying “Your account cannot play on this platform. Contact customer support.”

I emailed Epic support 2 days ago and still no response. I’ll report back when my problem is solved. The experiences everyone is having does not speak well for Epic’s costumer support. I’m considering returning my XBox system.

In the meantime, would anyone have any idea why I’m not able to login to the game?

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by CTHockey12 View Post
                                                                                                    I can’t even get logged into the game. I am a new XBOX Live Gold member. I have an XBox1S and downloaded Fortnite Battle Royale. I merged my PS4 Epic Account with my XBox Epic account. When I did that, the Fortnite login disappeared on my XBox. I cannot get to the Fortnite login page. I get an error saying “Your account cannot play on this platform. Contact customer support.”

I emailed Epic support 2 days ago and still no response. I’ll report back when my problem is solved. The experiences everyone is having does not speak well for Epic’s costumer support. I’m considering returning my XBox system.

In the meantime, would anyone have any idea why I’m not able to login to the game?
                                                                                                    you bought it on ps4. you need a new copy for xbox

Comment

• #51

you bought it on ps4. you need a new copy for xbox
                                                                                                      Thanks for your response. I downloaded the game twice: once for PS4 and once for XBox. I am now trying to uninstall/reinstall Fortnite. Also, once I accomplish that, would I need to down load it again under an entirely new Epic account? I read something about not being able to play Fortnite through PS4 and XBox under the same Epic account but I thought that was at the same time.

Comment

• #52
                                                                                                        I'm still waiting =/

Comment

• #53
                                                                                                          Another bump.

Comment

• #54
                                                                                                            bumping again

Comment

• #55
                                                                                                              I was able to fix my login problem which I described in post #49. I had to add another Account to both XBox as well as Epic. I can keep my original game ID account which maintains my Gold membership. It has yet to be seen if I can perform PvP on Fortnite with the new Epic account.

It’s important to note that zero effort was spent by Epic on my issue. All of my help came off of this forum which allowed me to come up with a solution with the help of XBox Technical Support. They were great. Epic? Not so much.

I can’t believe this problem has not been fixed.

Comment

• #56
                                                                                                                Epic support is horrible.. And thats a understatement

Comment

• #57
                                                                                                                  bump day again

Comment

• #58
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by TheBricks View Post
                                                                                                                    bump day again
                                                                                                                    its getting quite obvious none of us actually matter by the amount of complaints coming in and nothing being rectified

Comment

• #59
                                                                                                                      I honestly was about to buy the Founder's Legendary Pack. But this issue just changed my mind. I hope they give us an official statement / confirmation that they are working on this. I really don't want to take the risk of my account getting locked due to a faulty IP. It would be a shame. This game has good potential.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Duke Riival; 01-02-2018, 05:37 AM.

Comment

• #60
                                                                                                                        Originally posted by Duke Riival View Post
                                                                                                                        I honestly was about to buy the Founder's Legendary Pack. But this issue just changed my mind. I hope they give us an official statement / confirmation that they are working on this. I really don't want to take the risk of my account getting locked due to a faulty IP. It would be a shame. This game has good potential.
                                                                                                                        most of us were all playing fine up until the haloween patch. its either a MAJOR bug in the game or the ban system banning entire ip ranges at once. the second one is technically illegal and bad buisness practice. its like saying "hey this car is red, lets ban all the red cars in this area" with no reason given at all

Comment

• #61

most of us were all playing fine up until the haloween patch. its either a MAJOR bug in the game or the ban system banning entire ip ranges at once. the second one is technically illegal and bad buisness practice. its like saying "hey this car is red, lets ban all the red cars in this area" with no reason given at all
                                                                                                                          Yeah, I dont have a **** clue what could be causing it. I waited out the 7 days the first time I got banned, was able to play like 2 games, got on the next day and was banned again. Only programs I had running were Discord, Fortnite, and Shadowplay to record. I've tried everything I can think of short of reformatting. I've heard people say it worked for them, but I'm not about to wipe my PC just to play fortnite.

Comment

• #62
                                                                                                                            Yeah i am also having this problem!

Comment

• #63
                                                                                                                              Originally posted by TheBricks View Post

Yeah, I dont have a **** clue what could be causing it. I waited out the 7 days the first time I got banned, was able to play like 2 games, got on the next day and was banned again. Only programs I had running were Discord, Fortnite, and Shadowplay to record. I've tried everything I can think of short of reformatting. I've heard people say it worked for them, but I'm not about to wipe my PC just to play fortnite.
                                                                                                                              criminal negligence on epic's part is what's causing it at this point. this could have been fixed months ago. we've had this problem since mid october it is now JANUARY 2018. epic needs to get thier heads out of the sand and fix it.

they don't seem to realize the longer this problem exists. the faster the player base is going to walk away and refund thier purchases.

Comment

• #64
                                                                                                                                Still no updates? bump again

Comment

• #65
                                                                                                                                  I usually play on xbox but I wanted to try pc because I just got a new gaming laptop. I downloaded and it said I cant play and to contact CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Comment

• #66
                                                                                                                                    Well guys i think i am a new subscriber here same problem as u but i am new so i wait or i uninstall

Comment

• #67
                                                                                                                                      Dont even know why I bothered trying... but reinstalled the game today after uninstalling it a month ago. Guess what? Got kicked immediately from the bus.

This is insanity... come on. What the **** do I have to do to keep playing?

Comment

• #68
                                                                                                                                        Since I haven't gotten any account bans I can't really try and recreate this but I'm wondering if any of you have tried running the game through a proxy or vpn (not a free one) after getting banned? It seems a lot of the bans are revolved around IP's and just wondering if this could alleviate the problem as a temporary fix.

It seems a lot of you can actually get in the game, but are having trouble after joining one - so its doesn't seem as much account related as it is something external that is interfering.

Services like https://www.purevpn.com/ seem to allow for a 7 days money back and https://nordvpn.com/ has 30 days money back.
                                                                                                                                        Last edited by Crueltylizer; 01-04-2018, 08:19 AM.
                                                                                                                                        Intel i7-8700K | 16GB DDR4@3200mhz | GTX 980 TI | Samsung 960 NVME M2

Comment

• #69
                                                                                                                                          Originally posted by Crueltylizer View Post
                                                                                                                                          Since I haven't gotten any account bans I can't really try and recreate this but I'm wondering if any of you have tried running the game through a proxy or vpn (not a free one) after getting banned? It seems a lot of the bans are revolved around IP's and just wondering if this could alleviate the problem as a temporary fix.

It seems a lot of you can actually get in the game, but are having trouble after joining one - so its doesn't seem as much account related as it is something external that is interfering.

Services like https://www.purevpn.com/ seem to allow for a 7 days money back and https://nordvpn.com/ has 30 days money back.
                                                                                                                                          I've already tried actually using a VPN and it didnt work, same kick.

This customer support is useless. They got plenty of time to delete threads but cant be bothered to make a simple forum response.

Comment

• #70
                                                                                                                                            Epic games is so retarded cant they ****ing fix this simple *** ****ing problem its not that hard **** and sometimes you can bypass this bug if you switch your region

Comment

• #71
                                                                                                                                              worthless wait guys. they wont ever let us play again by the looks of it.

Comment

• #72
                                                                                                                                                My screen is stuck at the screen about the new Silenced pistol **** and at the bottom of the update it has the ESC to close thing.... i cant do anything. The is just stuck there and i have to ctrl alt del that *****... What the hell do i do?

Comment

• #73
                                                                                                                                                  Also having this issue, just bought the ****ing Battle pass aswell. This is ****, what the **** are they doing. I asked for a refund but i didn't get one. Whos up to sue these guys?

Comment

• #74

I am banned I did not do anything You have sent a thousand messages and have not replied to the why now? They banned a lot for no reason Maybe programs in the background think they are cheating I will raise the issue if the problem is not resolved Please communicate with me to solve my problem and people's problems hamzamat11111@gmail.com

Comment

• #75
                                                                                                                                                      Originally posted by barc1510 View Post
                                                                                                                                                      I usually play on xbox but I wanted to try pc because I just got a new gaming laptop. I downloaded and it said I cant play and to contact CUSTOMER SUPPORT
                                                                                                                                                      In your case, you may just need a PC-specific Epic account. Your PC and XBox accounts can't be linked (for whatever reason). I had to make a separate Epic account for my XB login, and everything worked fine.

Comment

• #76
                                                                                                                                                        Ridiculous

Comment

• #77
                                                                                                                                                          Bump .......

Comment

• #78
                                                                                                                                                            Bump......

Comment

• #79
                                                                                                                                                              Even if thery want to protect their anti cheat/ban system, since they have customer in UE area, they fall under the General Data Protection Regulation wich is a ggroups of laws set in order to protect customers against abuse of their personnal data and grant them an access to their own data by demand to the companies that hold it. I asked them on 6th december still no answer from them even if it's written on their page :
                                                                                                                                                              "We provide you with the ability to request access to and correction or deletion of your personal information. You can update your account information any time through our website. If you would like to request access to or deletion of your personal information, please submit your request by sending an email to the address specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below."

Comment

• #80
                                                                                                                                                                Now after 2 months still no response.. their support is pathetic

BUMP!

Comment

• #81
                                                                                                                                                                  Spam support and hope for the best?

Comment

• #82
                                                                                                                                                                    Bumping AGAIN

Comment

• #83
                                                                                                                                                                      Bumping AGAIN AND AGAIN

Comment

• #84
                                                                                                                                                                        Are people still sending messages to support?

Comment

• #85
                                                                                                                                                                          you probs dont know it they are currently busy adding some weird **** nobody likes and ruining their own game with bugs and other **** making other people to quit

Comment

• #86
                                                                                                                                                                            Bump im getting sick and tired of this

Comment

• #87
                                                                                                                                                                              this might work for you! ( didn't work for me :( )

But Fortnite on Reddit somebody tried this :

UPDATE and RESOLUTION

SO! As previously mentioned, I had contacted EPIC Games support. I do so, AGAIN, directing them to this Reddit post and making it very clear not to give me the 'standard' response.. Unfortunately, that's exactly what I got, the below message:

If you were kicked from a match with a message regarding “IP, VPN, machine, or cheating” but are still able to launch the game, you are likely being removed from matches due to previously detected cheating behavior originating from this IP address.

If you have already received this message but are still getting kicked even after the 7 day period has ended, this would indicate that the behavior that caused the original kick is still being detected.

Epic Games Player Support does not have any ability to bypass this kick behavior.

So, figuring I was getting NOWHERE with Epic Games, and hearing that FRESH OS installs were allowing people back into the game, it sounded like the ban is NOT server based, it's something on your local system blocking you. There is NO NEED TO DO A FRESH OS INSTALL, by the way, read below:

That very morning, I logged into Fortnite, as usual to ensure I was still 'banned' and sure enough, I was booted out of the match within about 3 minutes. So, I closed out Fortnite and completely uninstalled the Epic Games Launcher. I deleted any remaining folder/files from my Program Files directory and then I downloaded a free app called "Registry Finder"! It allows you to search your registry and delete keys easily...

SEARCH for the FOLLOWING VALUES:

EPIC GAMES

EPICGAMES

FORTNITE

ANY references to these, highlight them all, right-click and choose 'export for deletion', it'l save a .reg file to your desktop (or place of choosing) that you need to run, it will remove them all. I needed to do this for each search string until ALL TRACES of Fortnite and Epic Games/EpicGames were gone. I then did a FILE SEARCH for the same names, there was only a userdata folder, if I recall correctly, which I also removed (it contained log files)...

At that point, I rebooted and reinstalled Fornite from scratch again. I didn't even create a new account, lulz, I logged into the same account as always and guess what? ??? I've been playing for 3 days now, absolutely fine, absolutely no longer 'banned', absolutely STILL not cheating / nothing present on my system causing me to get booted. It's all ********. The truth is, when they detect something afoul, they flag a variable in your system; from that day forward you get the 'boot' until you either remove that variable manually or reinstall your OS, it's utter ******** and a horrible way of managing this. NOT TO MENTION, I happen to be a 100% legit player, but these steps could (potentially) allow actual abusive/cheating players back in, which is lame AF.. Whatever, I'm sharing this info because EPIC Games has failed to address it properly, I had to take it upon myself to fix it.

Comment

• #88
                                                                                                                                                                                this might work for you! ( didn't work for me :( )

But Fortnite on Reddit somebody tried this :

UPDATE and RESOLUTION

SO! As previously mentioned, I had contacted EPIC Games support. I do so, AGAIN, directing them to this Reddit post and making it very clear not to give me the 'standard' response.. Unfortunately, that's exactly what I got, the below message:

So, figuring I was getting NOWHERE with Epic Games, and hearing that FRESH OS installs were allowing people back into the game, it sounded like the ban is NOT server based, it's something on your local system blocking you. There is NO NEED TO DO A FRESH OS INSTALL, by the way, read below:

That very morning, I logged into Fortnite, as usual to ensure I was still 'banned' and sure enough, I was booted out of the match within about 3 minutes. So, I closed out Fortnite and completely uninstalled the Epic Games Launcher. I deleted any remaining folder/files from my Program Files directory and then I downloaded a free app called "Registry Finder"! It allows you to search your registry and delete keys easily...

SEARCH for the FOLLOWING VALUES:

EPIC GAMES

EPICGAMES

FORTNITE

ANY references to these, highlight them all, right-click and choose 'export for deletion', it'l save a .reg file to your desktop (or place of choosing) that you need to run, it will remove them all. I needed to do this for each search string until ALL TRACES of Fortnite and Epic Games/EpicGames were gone. I then did a FILE SEARCH for the same names, there was only a userdata folder, if I recall correctly, which I also removed (it contained log files)...

At that point, I rebooted and reinstalled Fornite from scratch again. I didn't even create a new account, lulz, I logged into the same account as always and guess what? ??? I've been playing for 3 days now, absolutely fine, absolutely no longer 'banned', absolutely STILL not cheating / nothing present on my system causing me to get booted. It's all ********. The truth is, when they detect something afoul, they flag a variable in your system; from that day forward you get the 'boot' until you either remove that variable manually or reinstall your OS, it's utter ******** and a horrible way of managing this. NOT TO MENTION, I happen to be a 100% legit player, but these steps could (potentially) allow actual abusive/cheating players back in, which is lame AF.. Whatever, I'm sharing this info because EPIC Games has failed to address it properly, I had to take it upon myself to fix it.
                                                                                                                                                                                Did not work. This method doesnt work period. Its just BS.

Comment

• Casanunda69 commented
                                                                                                                                                                                  Editing a comment
                                                                                                                                                                                  Yeah it's BS. I can play on a mobile connection without kicks, but on my home connection I'm getting kicked both on pc and laptop. So definitely it's not something on our PCs, rather some bug on Epic's side.
                                                                                                                                                                              Working...
                                                                                                                                                                              X