Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Fortnite supposed to be this.. unplayable on GTX 1060?

Collapse
X

Is Fortnite supposed to be this.. unplayable on GTX 1060?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Fortnite supposed to be this.. unplayable on GTX 1060?

My PC has an i7-7700HQ and GTX1060 (not the "Max-Q" variant). Wanted to give Fortnite BR a try. Here's how it runs, even after turning every setting to 'Low':
    https://streamable.com/ekl9x
    Pretty frustrating. Any suggestions? I'm honestly considering just uninstalling and moving on.

Edit: Here's some more quality gameplay: https://streamable.com/4aznp
    The pauses are longer in real time than in the recording. The game seems to be freezing badly enough that Shadowplay konks out during the hitches, making them seem shorter in the video.
    Also, my internet connection is 30Mbit down, 10Mbit up.
    Last edited by Paradox Fox; 01-02-2018, 01:35 AM.

....No one?

Comment

+1 and bump... exact same thing happening to me with an i7-7700 and a gtx1080, no matter what graphics settings or changing fps cap. If cap is set to 120, my fps will climb from 0 to 120, crash down to 0, and repeat. On unlimited, it will climb from 0 to the 200s and repeat the same process. Whenever it drops to 0, it freezes momentarily like what is happening in the video you posted until it starts climbing up again just to crash/stutter/freeze again.

Comment

Yup same problem.Since christmas update but guess what they don't give a ****.

Comment

Really unplayable...with that hardware it should run smooth.
          Display the FPS ingame to check if it is dropping all the time or a connection issue.
          Can you post a screenshot of your settings and driver version? I'll show mine later on.
          ---------------
          edit:
          driver version 388.13, connected via HDMI with 24" TFT with native 4K resolution

Click image for larger version  Name:	settings.jpg Views:	2 Size:	217.7 KB ID:	130907
          Attached Files
          Last edited by sgore; 01-03-2018, 11:41 AM.
          Gründer & FNBR-Möger ;)

Specs: i7 7700@3,6 GHz, 16 GB DDR4, 1060 GTX ROG 6 GB, 512 GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Gigabyte Z270X Gaming K5, Win10 Pro, Avast AV free, Fritz!Box 7490

Comment

How much ram do you have?

Also have you tried something like Razer Cortex to boost the game? It will disable CPU Parking and give some more power to the CPU.
            Do you have the latest nvidia drivers? Have you tried reverting to an older driver?

Have you tried other Unreal Engine 4 games without problems?
            Intel i7-8700K | 16GB DDR4@3200mhz | GTX 980 TI | Samsung 960 NVME M2

Comment

sry for posting - comments didn't work (always 404 error)

More power to his CPU is nearly impossible - he has a high end machine XD
              Gründer & FNBR-Möger ;)

Specs: i7 7700@3,6 GHz, 16 GB DDR4, 1060 GTX ROG 6 GB, 512 GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Gigabyte Z270X Gaming K5, Win10 Pro, Avast AV free, Fritz!Box 7490

Comment

Aus means on?

Try disabling vsync - shouldn't be on in shooting games anyway as it delays input from mouse etc.
                (Also motion blur is counter productive in a competitive shooter)
                Intel i7-8700K | 16GB DDR4@3200mhz | GTX 980 TI | Samsung 960 NVME M2

Comment

"Aus" means off, "Ein" is enabled - i have nearly the same specs as the thread opener and my FNBR is running pretting well around 120 fps ingame without 4K.

You have great specs (in between :P) too, except the graphics. But also my another pc with a 960 rocks the game. :)
                  Gründer & FNBR-Möger ;)

Comment

Bump. Same thing here. GTX 970 and FX 8320 core. It's a freeze fest. Made me fall of a ledge a couple of times. Changing the settings to low doesn't help one bit.

Comment

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Yes, the freezing is the game engine; framerate drops to zero and shadowplay even stops recording.
                      If it were network latency, I'd just get character warping with normal framerates.

Edit: I have 16gb of RAM.
                      Last edited by Paradox Fox; 01-04-2018, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Which driver version and game graphic settings?
                        Launcher up to date?
                        Gründer & FNBR-Möger ;)

Comment

Old i7 920 ,8gb ram, gtx 760 2gb , everything on high (shadows off ,view distance epic) ,1080p ,runs at 70 - 100fps smooth
                          So I m guessing that specs are not the issue.
                          Some people had same issues in Pubg with specific gpus so maby thats an issue.

Comment

Ive got two PC's: Gaming Laptop, and old pc which destiny was to run word, internet expolrer and printer. The secon one has Gtx 650T (2GB), dual core 3,0GHz and 4GB RAM and the game works, Altrought i have to play on low graphic while on office PC but its working okay.

Comment

Working...
                            X