Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• mouse and controller hybrid no longer works after Feb 2nd update

Hello,

I am writing today about the recent update that was released February 2nd and how it has ruined the game for me. I play on ps4 and before the update I was playing with a controller in my left hand and a 5 button gaming mouse in my right hand. On that controller (in the play station settings) I moved the “x”, “square”,”triangle”, “circle” to the corresponding d-pad spot. That way I could still access most of the ps4 controller functions with my left hand and use my mouse in my right without having to remove it ever. I worked out a system that let me play on a level to where I feel as I could compete with some top gamers.

Right click - use
    Left click - shoot
    Scroll up - jump
    Scroll down - build wall
    Click scroll button - reload
    Side button 1 - crouch
    Side button 2 - weapon slot 2 (first weapon slot)

Then I used the controller in my left hand (combat pro)
    Joystick - run/ sprint
    L2 - aim/change material
    L1- change weapon slot/ change build slot
    D pad - “x”, “ square”, “triangle”, “circle”

Using a mouse and controller interested me so much that I bought a mouse with 12 programmable buttons. However, that mouse did not work because when I programmed the extra buttons to be recognized as keyboard keys, it caused my person to freeze up for a split second. Fortnight thought that I was using a keyboard to move so it over ruled the controller. Then it would allow me to run again until I hit another button; then the glitch would happen again. Because of the little glitch I moved back to my basic 5 button non-programmable mouse; that way it wouldn’t interfere with the keyboard and not glitch.

Now, with the new update it makes all mouses be played with a keyboard. If you try to use a mouse and controller hybrid it is very choppy. Every time I move the mouse to look around, it stops me until i keep the mouse still again.

All I ask is that you allow controllers and mouses to play in harmony again. I find it is more comfortable and easy to use a controller to move around than a keyboard. I personally do not mind that they allow computer players to play with us. I just ask that if computer players can play on ps4, that fortnite allows me to use my hybrid system. If this can not be achieved can I at least get the reason as to why we can’t have controller and mouses work together without the use of a keyboard

Hey! I use the same hybrid system! I have a different personal setup for the buttons but i can tell you that i loved my way of playing. We need that this return to work, please epic games...

Comment

Thats the way I play too in PC.... please fix that

Comment

yes I play this way as well because I have a permanent hand injury it is much easier for me , I cant play until they fix it ......... please fix this issue !!!!!!!

Comment

Totally agree. Please fix soon!

Comment

yh this is how i play on pc and its really annoying when you can play, they NEED TO FIX THIS SOON... PLEASE!

Comment

do epic even read these forums ? . Nobody seems to be getting any sort of reply from them about problems , yes I know BR is free but we still pay money for items , battle passes and costumes. I know I have spent quite a bit of money with Epic , can someone from epic please respond about this problem we would appreciate it very much .

Comment

Also experiencing this problem. When I moved from the Xbox to the PC to play this game I started out using my controller because it was familiar. Then realized the benefit to aiming with the mouse and slowly also developped my own mouse/controller combo which allowed me to do all the functions without leaving the controller or the mouse as well. Submit an in game feedback, hopefully someone will be able to figure out why this was disabled in the Feb 2 update and get us all back up to our best...which still isn't too great for me haha

Comment

I have the same issue, I posted on the reddit thread about bug reporting but there are something like 1.2k comments. Hopefully, this gets addressed in the next patch and was not an intended addition. Playing on PS4 by the way.

Comment

FORTNITE
                    RIP
                    2017-2018 FEB 2.

I used to play every day, i loved the game, now i don't want to play so much because i don't want to use the keyboard for movement and don't want to use the right stick for aim. We have our way of playing the game. They ruined it. That's SUCKS

Comment

I have been reporting this in game, hopefully if everyone else does as well Epic might listen. If we all shout loud enough they will hear us eventually.

Comment

Please make something Epic Games ! I used to play the game everyday, it's unplayable for me now.

Comment

I add my video of the problem here, please report the problem !

More details here : https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/f...t-work-anymore

Comment

you would be better off telling your problem to a rock , the rock would care more than Epic do about this problem . I have made countless posts on their social media sites and on this forum as well as in game reporting of bugs and they don't give a flying **** about it ! , you will get no response from them and they wont fix it any time soon if ever , im just sorry I wasted so much money on this game.......... **** YOU EPIC !!!

Comment

You will get nothing by posting on Twitter or Reddit, they are tons of reply, spam and **** on them, no one replies or even read them, and surely not the dev team.

I think the only way for us to to have a chance to get heard, is here, and we have to gather togather on the same unique topic, upvoting it and keep it on first page.

Keep in mind that Fortnite has a record of 3.4 milions of players simultaneously, and how much we are with this weird way of play ?

Comment

Working...
                              X