"Your account can't play on this platform"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• "Your account can't play on this platform"

What is going on guys? Never played on PC before, when trying to launching the game I'm getting this message:

"Your account can't play on this platform. Contact client support"

My account is linked with Xbox Live and I have the founder pack on Xbox.

This is the reply I get from the support, looks like my temporary solution will be the definitive one:

"Thanks for contacting Epic Games Player Support. The current Epic Account is locked to accessing Fortnite on Xbox One. In order to play Fortnite Battle Royale on PC you will have to create a new Epic Games account. IMPORTANT NOTE: We strongly recommend that players in this situation do NOT unlink their Xbox Live gamertag from their Epic Games account. Doing so will not resolve the issue and may further complicate things."

So if you have an account linked to one system and you can't play in a different one, you need to create a new account in order to play, like I did before get the reply from support. ;)
    Last edited by RuyGTR79; 09-26-2017, 10:10 PM.

Hey RuyGTR79, looks like you got a bug. If you haven't contacted Player Support yet do so and they will bandage you up. Also moving this to the Bug Report section.

Comment

Originally posted by Beignis View Post
      Hey RuyGTR79, looks like you got a bug. If you haven't contacted Player Support yet do so and they will bandage you up. Also moving this to the Bug Report section.
      Ok man, thanks for the heads up, I will contact them.

I'm playing with a new secondary account, its a temporary solution.

Comment

I'm also haveing the same problem, just played on PC, can't play on Xbox with same account, I did link my accounts in the account settings

Comment

+1 here as well, I unlinked my xbox account and still cant play. I opened a support case but everything im reading online is they cant fix this and suggest everyone to just open another account for each platform....which is ridiculous

Comment

This is the reply I get from the support, looks like my temporary solution will be the definitive one:

"Thanks for contacting Epic Games Player Support. The current Epic Account is locked to accessing Fortnite on Xbox One. In order to play Fortnite Battle Royale on PC you will have to create a new Epic Games account. IMPORTANT NOTE: We strongly recommend that players in this situation do NOT unlink their Xbox Live gamertag from their Epic Games account. Doing so will not resolve the issue and may further complicate things."

So if you have an account linked to one system and you can't play in a different one, you need to create a new account in order to play, like I did before get the reply from support. ;)

Comment

this sounds like a horrible idea. i have to create *yet another account* and try to remember yet another account and password (with a new email from where?!) to play a game that i already own on another platform?

Comment

This is absurd - will there be a fix for this? Seems like a ridiculous idea that we have to make a full new account just to play on PC if we've played on Xbox.

Comment

When will this get fixed?

Comment

Considering the response I got , I don't think they will ever fix it. They are blaming it solo on Xbox instead of fixing their lazy coding. I don't care about cross play or "crossplatform capability" .. I just dont want to have to create multiple accounts. Which I ended up doing anyways ;\

"Thanks for contacting Epic Games Player Support.

Unfortunately, there is currently only Crossplatform capability between PC/Mac and PS4. This means that progress on the same account can be shared between the two platforms, but Xbox does not support this feature yet. When you play Fortnite on the Xbox, your Epic account becomes “platform locked,” and so to play Battle Royale on PC, you would need to create a separate account. I’m sorry it’s a little convoluted, but it’s one of the technical limitations of the Xbox One and unfortunately there isn’t a way around it quite yet.

If you have any further questions, please let me know."

Comment

I have no problem making a new epic account to play on Xbox. The problem I have is it won’t give me the option after trying to sign in with my epic account I have now. There is no way to go back to the create account option. It just keeps trying to login and saying this version can’t be used on this account. Clearing the cache file it creates and reinstalling did nothing.

Comment

Lol are you kidding me? The company wants me to make another account for every platform in which I wanna play a free game? Who in the world designed this system?

Comment

Originally posted by Charpunk View Post
                          I have no problem making a new epic account to play on Xbox. The problem I have is it won’t give me the option after trying to sign in with my epic account I have now. There is no way to go back to the create account option. It just keeps trying to login and saying this version can’t be used on this account. Clearing the cache file it creates and reinstalling did nothing.
                          Having the same issue. And I don’t want to unlink my XBL account because that is clearly stated that the problem can be made worse if the account is unlinked. I know it’s Alpha for the game but the account system is NOT in Alpha and this issue should not be happening. Especially for a free title.

Comment

This is ridiculous. I'm not creating a second account to play on PC. Fix this.

Comment

Wow... this is pretty stupid. Forget it. I was disappointed with Fortnite when I first bought the founders pack on Xbox because when friends and I were doing the quests only the host actually got quest progression. So I quit the game hoping it would get better, now I try to play this battle royale thing on PC and get this garbage issue about my account being locked to a platform even if I buy both PC and Xbox versions on the same account. You guys lost a customer. I have other games I can explore.

Comment

Working...
                              X