PS4 Freeze

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• [REPORTED] PS4 Freeze

PS4 freeze. Game keeps freezing every 15min or so. Console works fine it's just the game that freezes and I have to close the application. When I start up the game again it always freeze on "checking entitlements" and I have to restart it again. PvE and PvP

ive had it also had like 10+ lock ups this morning alone, started since the latest update

Comment

Friend had it as well, she did reinstall the game and seems it fixed it, but be warned, the download is bugged as well... It will get stuck at 4.599GB, (or so it seems) it still dls but at a very very slow speed after that.

Comment

what hero was you using when it froze ?

Comment

Soldier and Constructor. It's not just while on a mission tho, it also happens while transforming/or in other menues.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinder View Post
            Soldier and Constructor. It's not just while on a mission tho, it also happens while transforming/or in other menues.
            same as you,

Comment

Yes, this is happening to me every 1/2 hours or so and it's so frustrating! Epic, any chance you can look into this? I am going to try reinstalling my game later but I've had this issue since the last patch...

Comment

Hey epic, how about you look into this, ive reinstalled the game on the ps4 and still getting hard lock ups since the last update

Comment

I also get hard lock ups during PvP every 15 min on my legacy Ps4, I have to restart the app every single game. Please help!

Comment

I lucked out my Ps4 plays fine. Does anyone run on a Ethernet cable? If so did you notice a difference over WiFi

Comment

Same problem here. Every 30min it s freezing and i must to quit the app. I m trying to uninstall and re install now but it s very slow. I ll let you know

Comment

For both me and my gf it helped to re install :)

Comment

• Havelocke commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Out of curiosity, when you uninstalled/reinstalled the game, did you lose your v-coins? Or was everything retained?

We'll check into this.

Comment

Happens to me too, more and more frequently

Comment

Now the freeze is back again...... before atleast we got the mission reward and progress but lost all of it, so annoying. Soon I am done with this..... Love to see this happen in the storm event... NOT Edit: I did not lose any v-bucks
                            Last edited by Klinder; 11-27-2017, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinder View Post
                              Friend had it as well, she did reinstall the game and seems it fixed it, but be warned, the download is bugged as well... It will get stuck at 4.599GB, (or so it seems) it still dls but at a very very slow speed after that.
                              Had the same issue and it finally finished download overnight. Will play tonight and see if the game still freezes.

Comment

Hopefully the next update fixes this, it only started for me after the last update. Seriously the game has become unplayable and unpleasant.

Comment

We have it entered as a bug, they are checking into it.

Comment

Still i get the freeze issues having uninstalled and reinstalled the game last week as it was happening more and more in games. Everything was working fine until today and i have had five freezes in the space of an hour. I do not want to be reinstalling this game again!

My friends i play with daily have had to uninstall and reinstall with the same issues, i really hope that they are looking into this

Comment

Does the game ever "unfreeze" so you can hit the report button? We're having trouble reproducing this one and could use some logs.

Comment

Same freezing problem for me. Game freezes midgame and Never unfreezes. After restarting fortnite it usually freezes on loading screen. Cant give any reports since you can only close The game after freezes... This happens like 5 times a day.. frustrating..

Comment

Could you folks answer these?
                                          Which game mode/map are you in when you freeze? Does this consistently happen with a certain one?
                                          Are you in co-op when this happens? Or does it also occur solo?

Comment

• SWAYFPV commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            I’ve had it lock up on me in solo duo and squads, other playersin my squad see my last input if I’m creeping forward they see me creeping until I either run into a building or off the edge of the map. Has been happening since last two updates. I don’t lose contact in party chat.

Battle Royale. Happens randomly like once per hour. Happens in Solo and squads atleast. Have not been playing duos after patch.

Comment

More questions!

Do you have any age/chat restrictions on PS4?
                                            Is the loading screen you get stuck on after you relaunched frozen, or an endless loop?

Comment

Had this happen to me every day for the past week. Highly annoying and renders the game completely unplayable. Reported it here, along with detailed feedback on each of the instances, haven't heard anything from staff. The "Send Feedback" option on the PS4 also crashed the game after I had taken the time to write out a detailed report. Most annoying. If Fortnite doesn't want or care about player feedback, then please have the good grace to say it, instead of rigging the console to crash every time someone fills in a lengthy feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by [EPIC] Flak View Post
                                                Could you folks answer these?
                                                Which game mode/map are you in when you freeze? Does this consistently happen with a certain one?
                                                Are you in co-op when this happens? Or does it also occur solo?
                                                No Co-op, just single player for all of the following:

PVE

Canny Valley Radar Grid - the game has crashed anywhere between 20 seconds into two minutes in, and has happened over a dozen times in the past week, including twice on two separate occasions. Was unable to finish one of the levels after crashing, while post-game rewards did not register for re-joining dropped games. This makes it impossible to finish ANY of the daily missions.

Canny Valley Atlas Defense - the game crashed three times on Dec 30 during the same campaign. Judging from the other player's dropping patterns, I believe this has also happened to him/her. Atlas Defense crashed twice more on previous nights, including once midgame and another during our attempt to defend - both games no longer existed after reboot.

Canny Valley Survivor Rescue - game crashed about a minute in. Rejoined, crashed again another minute in. Rejoined a third time with 1:53 on the timer. Crashed a third time with 37 seconds remaining. Rebooted to find that game no longer existed.

Canny Vallet Radar Grid - the game froze at the join screen with 1:57 remaining. This happened during my first game Dec 1.

PVP

Solo - with 27 remaining players, the game crashed as I hid in a bush.

Solo - the game crashed twice as I am at the starting screen about to join the game. Game froze and naturally, I could not rejoin the game after rebooting.

----

Overview - game freezes from 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Unable to play or complete any levels, unable to receive rewards from any level after signing back in. The game has become completely unplayable.

And no, there are no age restrictions on my PS4 account. None of these instances have "unfroze". In fact, the two times I had written detailed reports after a crash and had the game freeze on me as I hit "submit" on the "Send Feedback" option, I waited upwards of 2 hours with no unfreezing, whereas two out of the ten other game freezes, I had left the game on and after an hour, and three hours, neither of these freezing crashes automatically fixed themselves. My PS4 did not exhibit problems with any other games, playing films or anything else EXCEPT when running Fortnite.

Comment

More questions!

Do you have any age/chat restrictions on PS4?
                                                  Is the loading screen you get stuck on after you relaunched frozen, or an endless loop?
                                                  I dont have any restrictions, brand new PS4. Fortnite is the only game ive been playing. This started after SMG or smoke granade patch. Its not endless loop. It is a permanent freeze. PS4 menu and PS4 voice group works perfectly, only fortnite totally frozen.

Comment

Been having this issue on battle royale and it started two days ago. Never froze once before then. It has happened in solo and squads. When I go to log back in it gets stuck on loading screen. Does reinstalling actually help?

Comment

So far this has happened quite a few times playing battle royal in all modes, when i junp out of the bus, gliding, running....seems to be random. There is still looping background noise and does not unfreeze. It seems to have replaced the blue screen bug crash.

4x freezes in 3 hours today.
                                                      Last edited by GnomeRuler; 12-03-2017, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Up to 9 freezes in 8 hours

Comment

And... two minutes after beginning Atlas defense on Canny Valley today. I didn't bother rebooting the game nor attempting to send feedback in-game. Nine continuous days of not being able to play a single game due to freezing and crashing... So - why do we support Epic again? Don't we all have something better to do rather than place ourselves at Epic Game's Mercy when they neither responded nor seem to care?

Comment

Yeah the screen is frozen but sound might be endless loop. Feels Bad, game was working well, bought V-coins with 50€. Then they patch and The game is unplayable....

Comment

Even quicker freeze reported than before. This time, I can't even log in. It has frozen within 30 seconds of the Fortnite title screen!

Absolutely no fixes, nor response from Epic's staff. This is unbelievable.

I am debating whether or not to lodge an official complaint with the Better Business Bureau for the failure of promised service. It has been two weeks. A full refund would be in order and I very much doubt that I would like to play Fortnite or recommend it to any of my friends. Although the game has its potential, this lack of service and silence from admin has left a decidedly poor impression with me. Epic is not a game company I would support down the road.

Comment

This has been happening to me for the past few days now. Game keeps freezing every 2 or 3 games on ps4 mid game.

Comment

Hi there,

I play Fortnite on the ps4 and get in matches with the PC cross platform. I have have experienced the same thing time after time while playing PvE. The game used to crash on and off and give me a code on the console stating there was an error with the app. Now, the game will freeze randomly as I'm using the application. (console and other functions with the Ps4 work fine) I stream my game play so I have these instances cataloged. The last few broadcasts were cut short when the game froze. The game froze during jumps from the bus, running through the map, and while I was using the pitchfork to harvest resources. My team mates have told me that from their perspective my playable character was still running or swinging the pickaxe.

Hope this info helps

Comment

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/208524524 Game freeze after Minute 20:15

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/208529514 Game freeze after Minute 20:50

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/208537421 Game freeze after Minute 25:20

The game crashes at random instances, normally after 20 minutes of gameplay?

Comment

I am having the same problem it was 1 time a day now it is like every 30 minutes or so

Comment

In battle royal my game was freezing after couple minutes, then it would freeze during the application loading process. Game was unplayable. I uninstalled and reinstalled on my PS4 and game became playable but still get rubberbanding with enemy on screen and freezes that last 30 seconds to a minute, all I can do is spin in circles. With every update that has been done the game has gotten worse. I have reported this issue hundreds of times by now.

I also checked with internet provider and monitored download and upload speeds and it is not my connection. All other online games play without issue.

Comment

I can't move at all and the only thing I can do is restart the game.

Comment

Same bug as op since last update, random freezes every 3-4 games and once i restart the game i got another one in the menu on "checking entitlements". It is actually unplayable and frustrating as hell
                                                                            Last edited by xMilKy-CraZy; 12-31-2017, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• #41
                                                                              Forget to say that during the freeze i can still speak with my friends, idk if it helps

Comment

• #42
                                                                                My game crashed three times in one mission yesterday. Absolutely ridiculous. While that's the worst crashing I've had, I've had consistent crashing since the winter update.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                  Freezing a lot here as well. Every 3-4 games. Ever since the last update. Never froze before until the last update and I've had the game since August

Comment

• #44
                                                                                    If any of you are still having this, could you please contact support and walk through this with them? We're unable to reproduce and the people who have reported it haven't responded to the questions from support.

You can email them from http://epic.gm/fnhelp. Thank you!

Comment

• #45
                                                                                      If any of you are still having this, could you please contact support and walk through this with them? We're unable to reproduce and the people who have reported it haven't responded to the questions from support.

You can email them from http://epic.gm/fnhelp. Thank you!
                                                                                      Email sent with as much information I could remember.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                        I've been having this exact issue and am new to forums is there any news on a fix yet

Comment

• #47
                                                                                          Mine started when I updated fortnite and happens everytime I start a game

Comment

Working...
                                                                                          X