Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So.. I uh.. made a base. Maybe I went a little overboard.

Collapse
X

So.. I uh.. made a base. Maybe I went a little overboard.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So.. I uh.. made a base. Maybe I went a little overboard.

    Its actually fully equipped with a bridge, captains, first officer and crew quarters and engine room.

    Yes, I'm a big dork. Why do you ask?

    ​​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvauevyN6Kw

  • #2
    For those that don't wish to go to youtube..

    Comment


    • #3
      So uhh... When can I move in? -- You put my base to shame.

      Comment


      • #4
        Dude that’s sweet. Epic might have to start letting us visit each other’s bases just to look around. Don’t know how hard it would be to have like a monthly top 3 cool looking bases to visit.

        [EPIC] Boomer Just an idea

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by OJDennis View Post
          Dude that’s sweet. Epic might have to start letting us visit each other’s bases just to look around. Don’t know how hard it would be to have like a monthly top 3 cool looking bases to visit.

          [EPIC] Boomer Just an idea
          Thanks! I went ahead and made a video of the interior so everyone can check it out. here it is:

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj6Om4BgeEs

          Comment


          • #6
            Give this man some bacon and a pat on the back epic

            Comment


            • #7
              Hahaha! Dude, that is epic! Nicely done, man!

              Comment


              • #8
                Haha wow that's AWESOME! I'm really excited to get more into the base-building part of the game. I just started almost 2 weeks ago, and am just about to finish the Stormwood quests. I feel like building your first base in Stormwood, it's a bit of a hot mess (at least it was for me) as you learn not only the base building mechanics, but what exactly storm shield defense consists of.

                I'm excited to get into Plankerton and start building anew with a bit more of a theme or idea in mind...although I definitely don't see myself pulling the Enterprise off haha
                PSNProfiles | Started playing Fortnite in December 2017.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Don’t know if Epic ever seen anything this extravagant being built but obviously it can be done. There’s no words to truly describe it

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    So cool, good job!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I just hope that's not in Battle Royale. All that work, gone if you die or win.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MP8_YT View Post
                        I just hope that's not in Battle Royale. All that work, gone if you die or win.
                        That's the Base map in PVE. It's a persistent map in which you has to create a base and defense some kind of reactors.
                        What's different between this "map" and the other is that only the "owner" can build things or destroy things (including the environment) or those he gives permission to.
                        So, you could call it the "Sandbox" map of the game.

                        Got the game for 3-4 days. Unlocked the 2nd structure upgrade skill and when I saw how cool the Brick wall is at T3, I decided to destroy my whole base and start something much more structured.
                        (I posted this in another topic about adding a sandbox mode. Re-posting it to display the work-in-progress.)

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=132745&d=1515202159.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	561.5 KB
ID:	132783

                        Those aren't the latest version. I have upgraded almost all the wood to T3 and most of the wall up to floor 2 of the castle part. I'm at approx. 6000 of all resources used.
                        The funny thing is that, after that castle, I got a wing to build toward the next Amplifier which will be the NW one. I'm estimating about 12,000 needed of all resources types to cover the project which doesn't even count the 2nd wing (in the future) for the Amplifier C.

                        Would do a lot of grinding to find either something like a teleportation trap for player or a wall based push trap for player (like the UP trap or directional trap for the floor, but on the wall.)
                        But we all know it's not in the game (yet?) ;)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Galaxitus View Post
                          That's the Base map in PVE. It's a persistent map in which you has to create a base and defense some kind of reactors.
                          What's different between this "map" and the other is that only the "owner" can build things or destroy things (including the environment) or those he gives permission to.
                          So, you could call it the "Sandbox" map of the game.
                          Just remember you have multiple amps you'll have to build defenses for and a structure limit. I usually build fairly simple defenses but still run up against those limits towards SSD 7-8.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Dead-Sync View Post
                            Haha wow that's AWESOME! I'm really excited to get more into the base-building part of the game. I just started almost 2 weeks ago, and am just about to finish the Stormwood quests. I feel like building your first base in Stormwood, it's a bit of a hot mess (at least it was for me) as you learn not only the base building mechanics, but what exactly storm shield defense consists of.

                            I'm excited to get into Plankerton and start building anew with a bit more of a theme or idea in mind...although I definitely don't see myself pulling the Enterprise off haha
                            This is exactly what I did. My base looks fairly nice in Plankerton, but my amps defences are quite simple. As for Stonewood it's just one hot mess tbh

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              haha you guys should see my stonewood and plankerton bases sometime, mostly just t1 wood and brick plus minimal choke point traps
                              The buck stops here.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X