Trap Ideas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Trap Ideas

Some time ago my buddy and I developed a trap design that has proven itself time and again. With little adjustments here and there, for each unique situation, this little gem has provided safety—sometimes it's the only thing that saved us—and laughs more than once. While I have tried to share this idea while playing, there isn't always time to do that. So here are some blueprints to get you started. Enjoy and happy gaming!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Jarich_Frame.jpg Views:	2 Size:	573.5 KB ID:	148972Click image for larger version  Name:	Jarich_Frame_DbleWide.jpg Views:	1 Size:	482.5 KB ID:	154186
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jonathan_Wolff; 02-03-2018, 05:49 AM.

Im gonna try it. Looks good

Edit: Tested it. Worked nice.
    LVL70 protect the van.
    Behind the trap was a way down to the van.
    ​​​​​​Trap was left alone and only in the last 2 minutes the backwall broke.

​​​​
    (**** ​​​wallspikes picked up on map)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mayonaiske; 01-30-2018, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• Jonathan_Wolff commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm glad to hear it! My buddy and I like to set it up with an opening to the target (like the van). If we do that the husks almost always head straight into the opening. Then we just sit back and watch and shoot as needed (like the big guys, wall bashers and such). We defended Lar's van using nothing but the Jarcih Frame a few times (when the landscape allows). The husks just get launched off of cliffs and we only shoot because we want to, not because we need to.

Tried again. 2 flipflop traps (better more catchy name :p) on a fight the storm lvl 70.

Worked great it eats husks for dinner.
    1 side was completly destroyed by bombers and smashers in last part of the match. But the other side's trap was unharmed!
    (Did not leave the end open but double walls next to it so husk choos the 1wall with the wall launcher trap to break. They all went in.)

Sry dark picture.

Comment

Editing a comment
      At the risk of sounds rude, 'better' is subjective, and since my my buddy and I came up with it, we get to name it :) (it's a nickname he and I have shared).
      Anyway, I am glad you are finding ways to make it work for you. Our initial idea, in the lower levels, was to slow the horde down by sending them backward so we had more time to reload and shoot. But as the game has advanced and so have our versions of it and our uses. We have had much success in sending husks off cliffs or into basements, or just off to the side from a second story, all in the name of buying some time (and maybe killing them).
      It looks like your setup sends them into more traps. I hadn't thought of that. I can see how that kind of crowd control could be very helpful. Thanks for the new idea!

This idea is fantastic just due to the fact that the slanted ceiling pushes them back with that launcher force. Thanks for the strategy Jonathon

Comment

Lvl 70 worked great. But the higher i get in twine peaks its less usable. To many smashers.
      slanted walls ' stairs round objective is about only thing that stops them. Even lvl3 iron goes down like butter 2,3 smashers at same time in same spot is rip trap. :(

Comment

Editing a comment
        Sorry it's not working for you anymore. At the level I am at, it continues to hurl everything (even smashers). The design was intended to funnel and to slow down, not stop, husks. The first design has a ceiling trap on the other side so when the floor launcher sent them back, the defender could reload, and while the floor launcher reset the ceiling trap would do additional damage. It was never meant as a "Shall Not Pass" kinda thing, again, just a support.

Here is the 3rd installment in the series that was never meant to be a series.
      https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4f/d9...a9e6761c73.jpg
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Jonathan_Wolff; 02-22-2018, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X