X

Trap Ideas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catalyst_Light View Post
    Interesting, I am in Twine now and I will test it out. The gas trap is superior to the ceiling electric field mid canny on.
    They can be used differently and one of them hits in a much larger area, perhaps right before the husks enter your gas trAps.
    bam combo

i use and implement all the traps, except tire droppers, camp fire, and patrol ward. Patrol ward I hope we need to use eventually? Cause what the hell is it for then hahaa

Comment

Wow amazing! Thanks for the ideas! Can't wait to try.

Comment

Originally posted by NugSlayer740 View Post

They can be used differently and one of them hits in a much larger area, perhaps right before the husks enter your gas trAps.
        bam combo

i use and implement all the traps, except tire droppers, camp fire, and patrol ward. Patrol ward I hope we need to use eventually? Cause what the hell is it for then hahaa
        I have come to like/use a particularly small group of traps. However, I have found certain traps do better in certain situations and as such I try to place each trap so that they can do what each one was meant to do.

Comment

As I have worked on these designs, I have tried to test them in different situations, at different levels, with different materials and traps/trap setups. These are not just random ideas that I hope will work out. They work. Not every design works in every situation, which is why I recommend trying them out where the player feels confident in their ability to win. I have built them and sat back and watched structures fail and traps succeed. That's how I have learned when to build what. I would suggest trying these designs with friends as most strangers alter my designs. That being said, the final designs have only failed when someone alters the design—edits a wall, or blocks off an opening—then it won't do what it is meant to do and then the mission comes close to failure (and has failed once or twice). And I am taking into account wall smashers and mini-bosses that ignore traps (because who lets a mini-boss near their base? wall smashers still get thrown about).
          I enjoy the building aspect of the game and feel that only bullets are not the way to win. A good trap system can mean the difference between an enjoyable mission and a stressful one, regardless of level or number of husks.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	image_19274.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	366.4 KB
ID:	434376
          Last edited by Jonathan_Wolff; 06-17-2018, 08:07 PM. Reason: Image update

Comment

These Are Super Good!

Comment

Here is another attempt to help other players. I devised this strategy because no help arrived, the level was high and Lars van was out in the open. I know many players just want to shoot and shoot and shoot. That's fine for them. But I only know of one gun that can shoot through objects, and it wasn't around when I had to play this mission. With my trap designs and limited supplies, just as ammunition and other supplies were about to run out, I was able to get through the mission. I had fun watching the husks walk up the stairs just to get hurled away by the Jarich Frame. I only had to shoot the few that got through during the trap reset.

Name:	The_Lemming.jpg
Size:	345.3 KB
ID:	539123
              Last edited by Jonathan_Wolff; 07-21-2018, 10:33 PM. Reason: Someone found a typo. Thank you! No matter how many times I check...

Comment

Awesome content. Keep it up :)
                --Retired-- CM

See a thread or post that violates the forum guidelines? Please flag it to help out the Community Moderators. :)

Comment

Name:	Lane_Changer.jpg
Size:	379.2 KB
ID:	478171
                  Last edited by Jonathan_Wolff; 07-03-2018, 11:23 AM. Reason: Image update

Comment

Name:	Blow_it_Out_Your_Atlas.jpg
Size:	346.1 KB
ID:	489845
                    Last edited by Jonathan_Wolff; 07-08-2018, 12:20 PM. Reason: Text edit of image

Comment

I think it be kind of cool if you can make like a gunner trap basically a trap version of a defender

Comment

Originally posted by Tickthehick View Post
                        I think it be kind of cool if you can make like a gunner trap basically a trap version of a defender

That's the first trap, the Jarich Frame. If you set it a little ways away from the structure your defending like an Atlas or Lars Van. Aim the angle away from your structure to through the Husk away from the defended position, yes they will come back but after a moment, that's wave #1. The second wave walks through the archway (that has to be there so the Husks won't attack it directly) and gets hit by the ceiling trap and/or floor trap. Unless the Jarich Frame is in a single tile wide opening or is setting next to a wall, don't add walls and wall traps. The Husks will walk around the frame and then it it useless. I have noticed the Husks go for perceived weaknesses. The open archway and lack of walls provides a perception of weakness.
                        I have used the Jarich Frame in some form or another in most of these designs because it works. It always works when setup well. It works great when just setup. Sometimes the difference is the addition of a short wall section (like in the Blow it Out Your Atlas design).
                        If you are referring to something like a gun turret, personally I would think that would be too much. I like what the game does, the way it does it. The player has to think, analyze, plan and then execute. As a Marine, I LOVE it. I have to strategize, which is where these trap designs come from. When my buddies and I play we can just say, "We need a (insert name of trap) build right here." and everybody knows what to do, missions are fun and we get to laugh instead of worry about if we will win. With good trap designs you can control the flow if ammo is low.

Comment

I just played a game where the floor traps could be placed on stairs and slanted ceiling tiles! I don't know when that happened, I don't read every update or article that shows up, but I am super excited to revisit the designs to see if they can be redone! So, for those who have been supportive have enjoyed the work, first: Thank you, and second: Be on the look-out for 2.0 versions and possibly even more insane ideas now that I have more build options! Thank you Epic Games!

Comment

So, after discovering the ability to add floor traps to sloped tiles and stairs I thought I would update a trap design. While the Little Red School House works just fine, with the addition of traps to the slopes that access the opening, there is some potential for some serious damage and crowd control to take place. I prefer the the Freeze Trap set-up as it will stop the husks and create blockages for other Husks for a moment. My second preferred set-up would be the Floor Launcher, just because watching Husks go flying is just too funny!

Name:	The_Little_Red_School_House_2.jpg
Size:	344.3 KB
ID:	504551
                            Last edited by Jonathan_Wolff; 07-13-2018, 01:04 AM. Reason: Typo on image. Needed to fix.

Comment

Seems pretty nice

Comment

Here is a couple of new designs for the Horde. Nothing grand, just some simple support traps, easy and quick to build, but very helpful.

Name:	The_Horde.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	497.3 KB
ID:	539074
                                Last edited by Jonathan_Wolff; 07-21-2018, 10:15 PM. Reason: Image edit update

Comment

Working...
                                X