Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vindertech Storm Musings

General Information

15 Event Quests

The rewards range from event weapons to tickets to V-bucks.

The events take place in the regular maps. You obtain tickets from those regions that have a swirling purple Mutant Storm. There are 10 hidden counters that determine when you can obtain tickets. Initially all 10 are available. When you finish one, that counter is set to a 24 hour wait i.e. you cannot use that counter again until the next day.

There are 4 quest lines in stages, ranging from stages 1 to 8. You receive rewards for each completed stage and you also receive an additional reward for completing stage #8.
    • Reconnaissance: Fully explore zones
    • Finders Keepers: Loot Treasure Chests
    • Freak of Nature: Complete Mutant Storm missions
    • Unsave Deposit: Loot Safes
    These have a minimal zone level requirement. For stage 1, you need to be in a level 5+ zone. For stage 2 you need to be in a level 9+ zone. Here are the zone level requiremrents per stage: 5, 9, 15, 19, 23, 28, 34, 40. These can all be completed within Stonewood and Plankerton.

As you unlock the higher stages, the requirements change. For example, stage 1 of Finders Keepers needs 4 Chests but stage 8 needs 6.

9 Event Weapons
    The Collection Book has 8 entries under the Vindertech header. So, heh, hrm, 8 is not 9! That means there's one weapon that cannot be put in the Collection Book, and it's the legendary Vindertech Blaster (pistol), obtained from the Take By Storm quest. It has an attachment that could be either a scope or a laser pointer.

Tickets
    The event tickets are Storm Tickets and you need 1,000 per Vindertech Llama.

6,000 Words (or 6 images if you prefer)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Chests.png Views:	1 Size:	187.0 KB ID:	107953

Click image for larger version  Name:	Llama.png Views:	1 Size:	47.4 KB ID:	107954
    Click on these to run faster, useful when you have to explore the whole zone.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Safe.png Views:	2 Size:	489.2 KB ID:	107956
    Outlander - Pathfinder seeing a special item through the ceiling, and discovering that it was a safe!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Galinet; 12-02-2017, 07:35 AM.

Hero Selection

This event has 3 quest lines that favor one hero over others. First, let's look at those quests.
    • Reconnaissance: Fully explore 3 zones x 8 stages = 24 zones
    • Finders Keepers: Loot 3+ treasures chests
    • Unsafe Deposit: Loot a safe

The first one, Reconnaissance, can be accomplished by the whole group, so it does not favor any
    particular hero. And if you find charge/llama devices you'll get a short time boost to your run
    speed. However if you are alone in the zone, then an Outlander allows you to run 12% faster via
    Passing Zone.

The other two quests require finding chests and safes. Sadly those must be done by everyone; looting a chest/safe only updates the quest of the looter, not of the whole group. Cooperation is turned into competition!!! Anyone can find chests/safes, but an Outlander - Pathfinder makes it much more easy. The previous event, Halloween, gave everyone a legendary Outlander Pathfinder, and there was even a quest to level it up!

Let's look at why the Outlander - Pathfinder is better suited for this event:
    • In the Zone: Activated after 5 pickaxe hits, grants 48% increase pick axe damage
    • Passing Zone: Increases run speed by 12% while In the Zone
    • Keen Eyes: Reveals containers within 2 tiles while In the Zone
    • Keener Eyes: Increases the range of Keen Eyes by 1 tile
    The "eyes" make it very easy to find special loot so you always want In the Zone to be active.

You know you are In the Zone by seeing stars rising from your feet. You can build and preserve In the Zone, but switching to a weapon will turn it off. Strangely enough, whacking zombies with your pickaxe counts as hits to activate it!

Here are some suggestions for the support and tactical hero slots:
    • Squad support:
      • Outlander - Ranger: Increases pistol damage by 24%.
      • Outlander - Trailblaster: Increases pistol critical hit damage by 35%
    • Squad Tactical:
      • Ninja - Shuriken Master: Anti-Material Charge slows enemy movement speed by 30% for 7 seconds
    Last edited by Galinet; 12-02-2017, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Strategies

In general terms, timed missions will make it more challenging to accomplish many quests simultaneously: there's limited time to explore the zone, find chests and safes as well as complete the objective, all in 20 minutes.

Reconnaissance: Fully explore zones
      Group with others to more rapidly explore. Be on the lookup for the Outlander's metallic orbs (blue and purple) for a speed boost. Play an Outlander for a 12% speed boost.

Finders Keepers: Loot Treasure Chests
      I have very bad luck finding chests in the forest zones. Those I do find usually are up tall rock formations or inside caves. The other zones (City, Suburban, Industrial) seem much easier. Playing an Outlander Pathfinder with Keener Eyes makes this much easier.

Freak of Nature: Complete Mutant Storm missions
      Pretty easy; just go where the storms are. This is the ONLY quest that REQUIRES going to a storm zone. The other 3 can be completed in zones that do not have storms.

Unsafe Deposit: Loot Safes
      I have very bad luck finding safes in the forest zones. Playing an Outlander Pathfinder with Keener Eyes makes this much easier. I do not know whether safes have their own spawn points or shared with chests i.e. if any chest spawn could also spawn a safe.

Finding Chests and Safes
      Since these two make sounds when you are somewhat near, you could make this easier by turning off the Music Volume (0.00) in the options and cranking up the Sound FX (1.00). However nothing beats the "Eyes" of an Outlander Pathfinder; is has a greater range than the sound effect.

My favorite zone to hunt for chests and safes is the Industrial zone. They seem to be more visible than in the other zones. And in addition the Industrial zone has a ton of resources all over the place. In a level 34 Industrial zone, I found 7 chests (1 more than needed) and 2 safes, with my ninja. And as a bonus, I also discovered a very very deep underground storage facility. Gotta love completing all 4 quests in a single zone AND coming across a new tile structure.

Mark Your Buildings
      Once you enter a building, mark it (press the N key on a PC) to make it easier to know which buildings you have explored and which you have not. Those marks will show up on the map, making it easier to spot unexplored buildings.
      Last edited by Galinet; 12-05-2017, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Safe Buildings

Safe in the City
        Click image for larger version

Name:	cBoneyard.png
Views:	1
Size:	543.3 KB
ID:	110699

Industrial Safe
        Click image for larger version  Name:	iBrownBrick.png Views:	1 Size:	588.6 KB ID:	109030 Click image for larger version  Name:	iBrownBrick2.png Views:	1 Size:	534.9 KB ID:	109089Click image for larger version  Name:	iCarrier.png Views:	1 Size:	594.6 KB ID:	109090 Click image for larger version  Name:	iBrownBrick3.png Views:	1 Size:	558.3 KB ID:	109251 Click image for larger version  Name:	iBrownBrick4.png Views:	1 Size:	514.2 KB ID:	110052

Subsafe
        Click image for larger version  Name:	s6Stories.png Views:	2 Size:	544.0 KB ID:	109032 Click image for larger version  Name:	sDurrBurger.png Views:	2 Size:	523.0 KB ID:	109104 Click image for larger version  Name:	sOwl.png Views:	1 Size:	574.4 KB ID:	110686

Safewood
        [No pictures]
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Galinet; 12-05-2017, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Galinet View Post
          looting a chest/safe only updates the quest of the looter, not of the whole group

Is that true? I've completed several safe quests without finding the safe myself, so I have to assume someone else found them.

Comment

• Galinet
            Galinet commented
            Editing a comment
            I was standing right next to another player and let them loot the chest; did not get the update. This was my very first mission after the patch so unless I was in a level 1 zone, I should have gotten the update.

Originally posted by Cultur3 View Post

Is that true? I've completed several safe quests without finding the safe myself, so I have to assume someone else found them.
          It is true, I've found several safes and it only completed for me whereas when someone else in the group found a safe it didn't complete for me.

Either some of us are having major issues with bugs or it's working as intended for some but not for others.

Comment

Originally posted by gomly1980 View Post
            it's working as intended for some but not for others.
            LOL

I have not tried with safes; I just assumed.
            Last edited by Galinet; 12-02-2017, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cultur3 View Post

I have never received credit when someone else found a chest or a safe, I have always been required to find my own. In addition to this, the husk hunting stuff is also not shared (but can be shared if you both damage the same enemy)

Comment

Yeah, I tested it out last night in a couple of missions.

I stood next to someone as they looted a safe and got zero credit for it just like I got no credit for husk kills I didn't damage myself.

It's a very selfish event that doesn't promote team play whatsoever. It doesn't promote doing to the mission either as well run off to find chests and safes at the start of the match and it's usually a last minute thing to do the mission. I've even seen a mission fail because we were all safe/chest hunting and not bothering with the mission. It was an encampment one and by the time we realised to timer it was far too late to get it finished.

I would leave the search until the mission is done but if I do that then someone else finds what I need and I can't get the quest done so I have to play selfishly to get it finished.

The halloween event was so well done I just assumed they would do all events like that and have them complete across the board but this event is awful. I just want a burst pistol and then I can call it a day on this event but if it ever comes back i'll be avoiding it before it starts, won't even look at the rewards in case it has one I want.

I know it's just a filler event but it shows. It's like no thought went into it's design. It's the exact opposite of an event i'd expect for a team based game.

Comment

To quote myself, this event turned "cooperation into competition". It would have been a great time to give outlanders special abilities:
                  • Sharing the contents of safes and chests i.e. when an Outlander loots, group members also receive those contents
                  • Mark the location on the map i.e. an Outlander discovers a safe/chest and everyone sees it and can loot their own copy
                  The first change would make outlanders nearly mandatory (well, groups would want at the very least 1 Outlander in their group) in every group, especially if everything they looted was shared with the group. And the second change would make outlanders highly desirable in this event.

My approach has been to switch from Public to Private grouping, and to mainly go to Industrial zones for non-timed events (Ride the Lightning, Fight the Storm, Deliver the Bomb) in order to have sufficient time to search and loot every chest and safe.

Once those were done, I switched to Public grouping to complete the Reconnaissance (explore the zone) and Freak of Nature (complete mutant storms) quests. In these I'm usually the one building the defenses and then restocking (metal, stone, wood).
                  Last edited by Galinet; 12-05-2017, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Yeah i told it before :just leechers all around. Ppl who join game just run to all direction loot chests and quit .

Comment

But how does quitting help, it says in successful missions in a # zone, so if you quit early you don't get the rewards, as the mission is unsuccessful?

I see people do it in all my games leaving me to build the defence and defend on my own which i usually fail at and then have wasted 30-45mins and get no reward or completions towards the event.

Comment

I think that if the group finish the game it will count towards quest later. Not sure ,but if not why they join game ,loot stuff and then leave ( in the end you still miss one player to finish the game ). Now they adjust strategy. They stay in mission till end but do minimum effort. Im lvl 37 and do more then lvl 70 in the same missions. Normal stats for other ppl from my groups are from 100 to 200 for building ,utility and attacking.

Comment

Working...
                        X