X

Dont Recycle Useless traps

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont Recycle Useless traps

I know alot of you guys got useless traps from chests, and then recycle them.
    but dont do that. i got epic wall light from chest. if ill recycle that i will get 2 planks. but if place them in storm shield and then breaking it. i get the full resources from it
    Example: instead of getting 2 planks from the epic wall lights, i get 6 planks. 2 mechanichal parts (depend on which star level is it) and 2 quartz.
    And its working with every trap (as long as i know)
    i dont know if its a bug. but if yes. fix it.
    (sorry for my bad english)

That almost feels like an exploit, but is just how the mechanics currently work. Personally though, I don't care if I get the materials from them or not, I just want them out of my inventory, but might as well get the benefit from recycling them rather than dropping them.

Comment

This is a very good point! Even though I will likely not use it a lot, still - this is a very efficient way of recycling traps (personally I never thought of this).

Comment

If you dont want to use this on all traps at least use them on traps that give: Herbs, Bacons and duct tape
        Duct tape: all floor spikes and wall spikes.
        Herbs and Bacons: Gas trap for Herbs and Healing Pad for bacons (3 at uncommon 5 at legendary) and many herbs ( 11 at uncommon 15 at legendary
        For me every time i get Healing pad i immediately doing the trick because all of the herbs (and bacon but mainly herbs, herb are used 7 per legendary gas trap.).

Comment

Nice trick, i won't use it personally as i've traded A LOT for trap mats over the last year and built up quite a good arsenal of them. You did forget to mention flame grills, you get Quartz from them with your trick

Comment

Hmmm. I was tearing down a bunch in my canny storm shield and wondered why my inventory filled up so fast. I thought they were only giving back a fraction of material
            https://www.stormshield.one/pve/stats/Gebularnew%20

Comment

Originally posted by GEBULARnew View Post
              Hmmm. I was tearing down a bunch in my canny storm shield and wondered why my inventory filled up so fast. I thought they were only giving back a fraction of material
              Nah, I've tested it; the traps give back resources proportional to how much they've been used, ranging from very little resources back when traps only have one or two uses left, all the way up to everything back if they've never been used... which is great if you've a) accidentally placed one, b) as per the OP have some spare that you want efficiently recycle, or c) want to upgrade your existing traps, for instance say you have several slots in your backpack taken up with the same trap but at different power/perk levels (because, as an ongoing process, you're working on upgrading them), then all you need to do is lay em all out in you storm shield, knock em all down, then recraft them... this 'consolidation' process not only ensures you have the most up to date traps in your backpack, it also ensures they only take up one rather several backpack slots. For someone like me who spends most of his perkup on upgrading traps rather than weapons, this is a godsend.

Comment

Great tip! I will pass it on. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X