X

Survivors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Survivors

Can someone explain how to effectively slot them? I can't figure out how to get all the bonuses to match up , and why does the automatic slotting break-up my leader personality matches? I can't find detailed info anywhere.

Auto-slotting is based on an apparently-inefficient algorithm that wants to slot your highest-levelled survivors however possible.

Your question was a bit vague, so I'll give a little bit of a crash course, and if you need more, you can ask about the part you're having trouble with:
    1. You want to have the highest rarity survivors possible in most cases, because they give the most power level. That's true through most of the rest of the game.
    2. There's 8 survivor squads (once you unlock them all), 2 for each F.O.R.T. stat (Fortitude, Offense, Resistance, and Tech. Definitely ask if you don't know about those; understanding them is vital).
    3. Each squad consists of 1 leader and 7 normal survivors. Matching the leader type to the squad type gives a big bonus, and matching survivor personalities with the leader's personality gives a big bonus to the matching survivors. (A mythic leader is special: it gives a huge boost to matching personalities, but subtracts power from non-matching personalities. Always try to match personalities with your lead survivor, but especially with mythic leads.) I've found it better to have a different personality for each squad, since finding 14 survivors of the same personality in legendary rarity can be difficult. Even 7 of them can be difficult when also trying to match the support bonuses you want.
    4. Normal survivors each have a bonus of some kind, shown by an icon on their card, and a description in their text. Matching the same bonus as other survivors within the squad gives a 5% boost to that stat for each set. (Offensive bonuses activate with 3-of-a-kind, defensive bonuses with 2-of-a-kind.) It's most efficient to have one offensive bonus set (i.e. Ranged, Melee, Ability, or Trap damage boost) and two defensive bonus sets (i.e. Health, Shields, Shield Regen boost) in a squad, since 3+2+2 equals your 7 normal survivors.

If you find yourself underpowered, feel free to invest in whatever survivors you have available to increase your stats and power level. Once you get a better replacement, you can then recycle old ones to get most of their XP and evolution materials back. I personally have always preferred to invest only in epic, legendary, and mythic survivors, however.
    Last edited by Pailzor; 04-07-2019, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• jimrohan123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Super helpful, thank you. You say that a 3,2,2 arrangement is better than all of one type (Trap damage boost) for example? If I want to maximize trap damage, how do I do that?

It's more efficient to do it that way, because there's 7 survivors. An offensive bonus like trap damage requires you to match 3 trap damage bonuses to complete the set. You can fit two sets of trap damage bonus in one squad, but then you have a leftover survivor whose bonus can't do anything, since there's no one left to match it with. If you really wanted to, you can slot 48 trap damage survivors (6 per squad), and get a 70% trap damage bonus, but you'd be wasting the bonus potential of 8 survivors. Survivability might also become a bit of an issue without all the defensive bonuses you could have.
    (On the defensive side, which requires only two for a set, if you have 6 health boost survivors per squad, you can get a 120% health boost, but still have the wasted bonus on each squad. Damage output might then become an issue.)

Comment

One thing I'd suggest is trying to get as many Mythic Lead Survivors as you can... which you can... or at least could... get from Super People Llamas, almost guaranteed in every one; I didn't pay any major attention to my survivor squads until I had them all because without them there is just an exponential amount of combinational possibilities for arranging the survivors that makes it impossible (at least for me) to work with... at least without worrying about losing tons of XP in bad recycle/retire trades every time you need to change something; in other words, without a limiting force - such as, in this case, a fixed personality at the highest level (eg Mythic) so it won't need to be replaced sometime down the line - it's too confusing because there are too many variables. So I just let my survivors amass with a rough arrangement but as soon as I got that last Mythic Lead (and luckily each with a different personality... another thing worth aiming for since it makes sorting and using them much easier going forward), I was able to cherry pick the best survivors to fill the squads from the hundreds I'd amassed and retire the rest (and get over a million survivor XP in the process... which back then actually meant something ;) which I then spent on leveling up the survivors I kept) and thus my survivor squads were from then on much easier to manage and organise and did not require me keeping any more survivors than necessary 'just in case'... so it's much more streamlined now because of that.

Comment

• Pailzor commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven't seen a super people llama since December. I wonder if they even still exist with the new X-ray system. o.O

• emjay246 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, me either but Mythic leads do seem to be appearing with a roughly similar frequency in normal llamas now, though not exactly sure which ones; just noticed that I haven't seen any real change in their frequency of appearance, just where they're appearing.

If you want to boost your trap damage focus on slotting survivors into your Tech slots, and level them up as much as possible. Tech stat influences trap damage and hero ability damage, as well as gadgets like the hover turret.

Some advice i can give its focus on filling out your squads by personality, then rarity. Worry about filling out bonuses later when you're more likely to get more Epic and Legendary survivors. Iirc Epic will hold up to Legendary until Lv26 or something like that.

Also I've seen the math and the bonuses (like ranged or melee damage) don't actually contribute as much as it might seem. There is one major exception though, and that's the bonus that gives extra trap durability. They really make a noticeable difference, and that extra trap durability will come in handy, especially in higher SSD levels, so trap durability is a good bonus to go for

Comment

Thanks for all the helpful commentary. Yay! It finally makes sense to me, (yes, I'm slow lol). I'm going to turn off the auto-slotting and sort them out. On a side-note, I've had the twine 6 SSD as my main objective in the quest but have been reluctant to push pass it and " finish" the game, so I've also been lacking a couple of survivors.
        Last edited by jimrohan123; 04-08-2019, 07:34 AM.

Comment

I'd definitely also recommend, as another user has mentioned, trying to get your hands on trap durability survivors... that's my new sub-goal regarding my own survivor squads. I don't know if you know the youtuber David Dean?, but he's like the man when it comes to trap tunnels and high level solo SSDs and that's what he did to get every ounce of durability out of his traps, even though it meant he lost some of his power level because he was slotting less rare/less levelled up survivors, and also even though it meant the loss of one of the potential bonuses in that since trap durability comes in twos you can only get a 222 arrangement plus one unused survivor bonus rather than the optimum arrangement of 223... but David Dean though it was worth those sacrifices and I'm now at the point in my own game - where I'm trying to solo the higher level (7-10) SSDs in all the zones - where I'm starting to agree as I'm starting to see a lot of my traps running out... particularly wall and floor launchers which can be kind of critical in some trap tunnel designs.... after full usage from newly placed, right in the middle of long defences... a problem that this would help alleviate.

Comment

Working...
          X