X

Vindertech Guns? (Yay or nah)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vindertech Guns? (Yay or nah)

What's the consensus on the new Vindertech guns. Anyone unlock them all yet? Are they better or worse than the existing guns in game for their respective slots?

Not good not bad for me..

Comment

I got the pulse rifle and shotgun, they are nice to have and say "ooh, look what i've got" but I doubt i'll ever use them. There are energy weapons with an extra elemental roll that puts them ahead of the Vindertech ones. The only trade off could have been if the Vind ones had a higher DPS output but they don't.

There are also a lot of weapons with an elemental roll that have better ammo efficiency than energy weapons so i'm more inclined to use those.

In short, they are nice to have but probably won't get any use.

I do like the models for the sword and axe though.

I do want one of the pistols though, they remind me of Robocop.

Comment

I got the shotgun. It's definitely interesting but with the horrible ammo efficiency, 3 ammo used per shot, and you have to load every individual shell... it makes it nearly useless. It more of a mesmerizing toy. If you could just load a magazine I would be completely ok with it. It would actually be a great weapon.

it has a very subtle tracking plasma ball that explodes on contact with anything... it's more like a plasma grenade launcher.

Comment

Look it's all about the energy ammo.

The ammo fcckin sucks to make. It's expensive and gets chewed up fast.

I have not used these guns yet, but they better be a just a step under Rocket Launchers in order for me to fcck around with energy ammo.

TL;DR Epic, energy ammo sucks and is not worth it.

Comment

shotgun is actually slightly better than zapp zapp for ranged AE damage if check base stats, a decent perk roll on one and it would definately have it's uses

Comment

i would say theyre all nice to have.
              . in my collection book that is. im not spending ENERGY CELLS on those weapons when I have “xx% dmg to snared, xx% dmg to stunned, VARIABLE **** that i have to meet to pretty much use the full effect of the weapon. I had an orange pistol with 3-4 of those and last slot was RELOAD.

Comment

The Burst Assault Rifle is nice since it like a burst version of Deathray i.e zero recoil and nice damage. Plus it isnt a hazzle when it comes to ammo consumption since it uses 1 cell for each shot.

I've tried the shotgun and sniper aswell, both are horrible. Shotgun, which statwise looks to be better than Zap-Zap is far worse in action. The plasma shot has a limited range and the AoE seems far smaller than that of the Zap-Zap. The sniper rifle is again just a sniper rifle, which means it is about as, or less useful than a brick. The pistols (burst and full-auto atleast) have potential looking at the stats, but I'll have to wait until I get one to try out. The melee weapons are both sweet, the axe is a straight up copy of the greatsword so has a nice LMB and RMB attack, the sword is fast and has a cheap and pretty decent RMB attack. Rocket Sledge is just a Rocket Sledge, no mention or indication of it being energy damage, so no real point to it I would say outside of the regular one.

Comment

I have everything but the pistol. Decided to put them all in my collection book once I figured out they all used cells. I find burst weapons annoying and scopes limit view range. This event has been really disappointing so far. I thought we were going to get some Christmas themed events. Oh well.

Comment

I'm not a fan of them only because they use energy cells.I might just add them to the collection book.

Comment

collection book is the best place for these new weapons i tell yall. id rather gamble my v bucks for some random weapon that could possibly have energy dmg modifier than actually use these new guns they added. so far for me the only thing worth keeping are the melee weapons. im looking forward to get me a sword for my ninja since i already got the orange blazing masamune. hopefully i get lucky on the rolls otherwise it’s going in my collection book.

Comment

I would suggest to not put them in the collection book based on them being energy cell weapons. We simply dont know if energy cells will be reworked in some way since it is still in early early-access. So if suddenly they do change the ingrediants for cells you might feel stupid for slapping them in the collection book. That is why I rarely ditch anything but dupes in the collection book since we just dont know what will change when, so heroes and weapons that suck now may be great later down the line.

Also, having one weapon that uses energy cells isnt a bad idea if it is a heavy hitter used for taking down big guys.

Comment

I'm thinking about keeping one of them just to have a plasma cell weapon either the shotgun or AR. Have a ton of energy cells so might as well use them to conserve some ammo in the beginning of missons

Comment

Using that energy shotgun for whole day yesterday. Its dmg increased with longer range (which is weird). Iv got there some nice aoe 5k hits comparsion to 2-3k hits with normal weapons. Someone also mention that u can´t headshot with this weapon which im not sure ( I shot zombies from above and i think headshot proc ).

Comment

I've kept an epic V-Tech sword and burst rifle (had 2 of each) but everything else has gone straight into my collection book.

Hopefully, they'll be good when leveled up a bit, but unless there's a niche for them (enemies weak against energy, instead of just "effective against most enemy types"), then any others I get will go straight in the book as well.

I do appreciate the extra weaponry, but as for actually using them... Nah.

Comment

Working...
                              X