X

Managing your survivor squads

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managing your survivor squads

Ok, a lot of players have a really messed up way of doing this, but it's very easy

Go with your best leads that match each squad

Match your survivors to the squad leader's personality

Very earl try organising each squad so eventually you'll have all survivors who match the lead's personality and squad members who match roles, organised in a 3, 2 and a 2

For example 3 x Ability damage 2x shield and 2x health a 3 a 2 and a 2

once you have this, keep it like this until you get a better survivor with the right personality and bonus or better lead with the right personality

some people will tell you to throw in all you highest rarity ones regardless of personality match or ability match, don't, it can make you less powerful because you're not getting your 5% bonuses for matching 3 a 2 and a 2 and it's how players mess their survivor squads up and lose track of them

Originally posted by Easy-D- View Post
    some people will tell you to throw in all you highest rarity ones regardless of personality match or ability match, don't, it can make you less powerful because you're not getting your 5% bonuses for matching 3 a 2 and a 2 and it's how players mess their survivor squads up and lose track of them
    Okay, let's assume you have a blue survivor that matches your lead's personality, a purple survivor that doesn't match personality, and an orange lead survivor. (For this example, there's only space in the squad for a lead and 1 regular survivor.)
    • If the blue and purple survivors are both at level 10, using the blue survivor will give you 26 power (21 for blue at level 10, plus 5 from matching an orange lead), and the purple survivor will give you 27 power (for being purple at level 10).
    • If they were instead at level 30, the blue would give you 65 (60 + 5 from orange lead), and the purple would give 71.

Unless you have a mythic lead (which subtracts power from wrong personalities), you'll increase your stats more with higher rarities, regardless of personality. This also means you don't have to invest as much XP in lower rarities, because they aren't useful later in the game.

As for 5% bonus matches, your survivor's power goes directly into your F.O.R.T. stats. Holding on to a blue in a Resistance squad because it completes a Shield Regen bonus isn't as useful as a purple's higher power going directly into the Resistance stat, and contributing towards both increased shields and shield regen speed.
    If you're going to get rid of all your greens and blues eventually anyways, their bonus matches don't matter at all if you can instead use a better survivor.
    Last edited by Pailzor; 04-14-2019, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Set bonus..., should I focus on health bonus for emt squad, melee bonus for close assault squad etc., if so which bonus for which squad? BTW, I recently went from a 126 rating to 128 after turning off autoslotter and sorting them out.

Comment

• Pailzor commented
        Editing a comment
        It doesn't matter which set bonuses are in which squad; you get the same 5% per set either way. Only the lead survivor matters for the correct squad, and then it's matching personalities to him, and then set bonuses are a little extra.

Question: I have a bunch of legendary survivors who do not match personality of the mythic leads which I have. So I had to populate squads with lower level survivors with matching personalities. Is personality that important? Would I be better off with all legendary survivors in the squad with different personalities (but matching bonuses of course)?

Comment

• Pailzor commented
        Editing a comment
        If you have mythic leads, you need to match their personality. If you don't match it, you're subtracting from your power. Legendary leads and under have no drawback for not matching personality, other than not getting the bonus power.
        Last edited by Pailzor; 05-01-2019, 06:24 AM. Reason: Reworded for clarity.

Thank you, I read it again a couple of times and I think this is starting to make sense. Will need to reorganize the squads asap.
      Last edited by ZEROTOLLER; 04-30-2019, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Pailzor commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah, I just realized that how I worded it could be confusing. I'll edit it to be a bit clearer for anyone who might read it in the future.

All the process are very important for a player.

Comment

How many players are there to mess up way of doing this?

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-D- View Post
          Ok, a lot of players have a really messed up way of doing this, but it's very easy

Go with your best leads that match each squad

Match your survivors to the squad leader's personality

Very earl try organising each squad so eventually you'll have all survivors who match the lead's personality and squad members who match roles, organised in a 3, 2 and a 2

For example 3 x Ability damage 2x shield and 2x health a 3 a 2 and a 2

once you have this, keep it like this until you get a better survivor with the right personality and bonus or better lead with the right personality

Who helps me to get 5% bonuses?

Comment

Can I manage my personality by matching a 3, 2, and a 2?

Comment

Working...
            X