Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: How do you gather shielder data?

Collapse
X

Question: How do you gather shielder data?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: How do you gather shielder data?

I have only been play fortnite for 2 weeks, and this shielder data mission (reward with 100 vbucks) has been sitting on my quest tab for a week now. I have been killing a lot of shielders but have no luck seeing them dropping data. I tried melee and ranged, nothing works out. I could find taker and smasher data but just not shielder. And I really want the vbucks too ;-;. What do I do?

Shielders are the little purple floaty monsters that are attached to some Husks, Huskys, etc. Killing them will sometimes yield a round purple glowing spiky looking object. That is the data. Run over to it and hit E to collect it. That should be it. You'll get more missions like this as the story-line progresses.

Comment

• Twitch.LeaF_ commented
      Editing a comment
      I have killed a lot of shielders. But they wouldn't drop the data. I've gotten other husk's data before, but never a shielder data, not even seeing one. Is that a glitch?

Originally posted by LeaF-OW View Post
    I have killed a lot of shielders. But they wouldn't drop the data. I've gotten other husk's data before, but never a shielder data, not even seeing one. Is that a glitch?
    I would submit it as one. The data from them should be like every other Husk.

Comment

For what it's worth, I'm having the same issue on PS4. Shielder data hasn't dropped..AT ALL yet.

I've had that quest to get 20 shielder data for at least a week now, and I've played practically every day for a few hours each night, killed plenty of shielders. Still at 0/20. I'll submit it as a glitch next time I'm in-game also.
      PSNProfiles | Started playing Fortnite in December 2017.

Comment

Mine has been stuck at 90%, pretty sure it's a bug

Comment

I've got the same issue on PC, that challenge has sat in my quest log for a couple weeks now

Comment

Recheck the quest. Is there a zone level requirement?

Comment

yep its glitched, I haven't seen a single one my entire play through, please fix!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyhaqz View Post
                I've got the same issue on PC, that challenge has sat in my quest log for a couple weeks now
                there is no zone requirement

Comment

Are you killing the floaty shielders or the mob being shielded? The floaters are the ones that drop the item.

Comment

I've been focusing on the floating purple shielders (using with different weapon types, including Vacuum weapons). Nothing. I have been going at it for 2 days without 1 drop.

EDIT: I'm on PS4.

Comment

As a last ditch effort from the community, post a screenshot of the quest. Other than that, open a support ticket at http://fortnitehelp.epicgames.com

Comment

This quest is bugged, it never drops.

Comment

cam we bump this again? I really have been trying to get this 100 vbucks for days

Comment

Well, I came here because I wanted to create a thread about that quest. I was wondering what was I doing wrong to never, never get anything from those shielders, although I killed hundreds of them. I guess I have my answer =O

Comment

Working...
                            X