Epic mini bosses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic mini bosses

Alright guys, I haven't lost a mission because of one yet but some of these things seem to take an absurd amount of damage... like, extremely absurd. Over 150 rounds of 15,000 DPS tigerjaw (commander level 40, level 40 survival) straight to the face and still being half health absurd. What am I missing? I see that they have a shield - last match the smasher decided to take a nap after 3 minutes of mayhem and his shield icon showed it was broken towards the last minute of the survival.

Is it a timed thing or do you really need to drop over a trillion damage on the epic mini bosses?

We need a guide listing every modifier and how to counter them. If you watched the dev stream, this was suggested :)

A mini-boss does screw up the defense. Usually players build a few traps and counter the enemies themselves. But now, players need to tackle that mini-boss and hope they have built a sufficient number of traps to take care of the regular enemies. Fun change of pace.

Comment

Any updates? Again, had this epic smasher that just seemed to take a nap on the generator - sucking it's health which increased his. Just let him sit there until his shield broke... so weird.

Comment

Ive never had a "shield break" on a boss. We just poured a lot of damage onto him.

So heres a quick list I made. These are just off the top of my head. They probably arent all correct, but just my experience/guess.

Shielded - I thought this was Ranged Dmg reduction, but might be dmg reduction all around...
        SMoke screen - This is Ranged DMG reduction.
        Tank - Extra HP
        Walk Breaker - More DMG vs Stone (?)
        Building Blocker - Cant build where it was or where it is, one of the most annoying when coupled with...
        Trap Vulnerable - Big DMG resistance to anything non-trap damage.
        Ricochet - Damages player for ranged attacks
        Wall Weakening - Hulk Smash
        Corrosive - More DMG vs metal
        Vampire - Heals after hitting mobs (Including Survivors, Players, and Defenders)
        ​​Healing Burst - Heals itself and other husks around it.
        Acid Pools - Leaves pools of acid that hurt if you stand in it
        Slowing Pools - Leaves pools behind that slow PCs/Defenders that step into it.
        Shield Breaker - Does more damage to shields on players, may just be more dmg to players all around
        Knock back - Sends players flying

The most annoying combination I got was something like Tank, Trap Vulnerable, Building Blocker, and Healing Burst, Water Smasher. We built our base outta stone, so he charged threw the base. so the traps couldnt hit him, and he blocked placing new buildings to place traps on. And any damage we did do he would heal. Eventually we got lucky and he stopped his charge on some floor spikes that crit.
        Last edited by PirateBob; 12-27-2017, 02:56 AM.

Comment

I know about the vulnerabilities in the game, but I've had the hardest time trying to determine what they are, I'm curious what indicators to look for when trying to determine a mini-bosses perks & vulnerabilities, if anybody can provide any insight on this...
          Last edited by WonderGamer; 01-01-2018, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WonderGamer View Post
            I know about the vulnerabilities in the game, but I've had the hardest time trying to determine what they are, I'm curious what indicators to look for when trying to determine a mini-bosses perks & vulnerabilities, if anybody can provide any insight on this...
            When a mini boss shows up their health bar will be just underneath the health of your squad, in the top left corner. Underneath the bosses health bar should be a description as to what they're strong points are and what they're vulnerable to. Luckily PirateBob above has put a pretty solid list together explaining what these explanations are. Hope that helps!

Comment

My common game is when ppl arrive to my half builded base without traps and start event. Then they where surprised why we cant kill mini-boss which can be damaged only by traps. Iv got even one game where i must lure that mini boss out of our base and stay there till end of mission ( ppl where not around/interested in mission ) to avoid destruction of our base ( holding aggro on boss an still protecting/supporting base with some firepower was quiet intense ).

Comment

Working...
              X