Snow Stalker Jonsey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow Stalker Jonsey

How good of a solider is a Legendary Snow Stalker Jonesy? I just won him in a holiday survival llama. I am currently using a Epic fleet foot ken level 20

Depends on builds, if you got high levelled ninjas in your heroe squad etc id stick with that.

jonesy is good though looking at his perks

Comment

Snow Stalker is generally considered one of the worst Soldiers at this point, but I'd point out that Make it Rain is a rare perk and if you favor Sniper Rifles it's really the only perk that helps their wave clear (regular mob) by increasing their firerate, now it's less than Urban Assault of course but barring that there aren't too many perks that really help out a Sniper. Reload Speed is useful sure and capacity is capacity, but you'd still be limited by the maximum husks you can kill per second which for a fair firerate sniper is 1-2 without factoring in potential piercing. Explosive Rounds only proc if your bullet deals the last damage so high powered weapons help proc it since otherwise a teammate could get that final hit in or your own affliction damage. His Grenade focus is rather sub-par, Grenades aren't great to begin with and he lacks Keep Out which is really the only perk that makes them particularly worthwhile. He has War Cry which is nice, but like other War Cry Soldiers except Special Forces it has a long downtime which limits the benefit.

Personally I think he's better than the general consensus gives him credit for and I kind of feel like his Explosive Rounds perk might get change a little bit to make it proc a little more reliably and that'd help him, but he's never going to be a "good" Soldier, just an average one with a novelty perk. He's "good" if you like Snipers over Assault Rifles to which if you just want a basic Sniper user I'd consider him maybe 3rd for Sniping even as he is now, but eventually a Sniper specific soldier will be released I'd wager then he'll be lost to time.

Comment

Speaking of preferred heros for a sniper role... who would you recommend over Snow Stalker?

Comment

Originally posted by Cultur3 View Post
          Speaking of preferred heros for a sniper role... who would you recommend over Snow Stalker?
          Urban Assault is the top tier with Make It Rain AND Rain Faster you increase the wave clear potential that much higher through the maximum number of husks you can kill per second modifying the otherwise poor fire rates of Snipers not to mention the benefit on specials that will easily take more than one shot since of course you get Kneecapper and Lingering Pain with that and you have the additional benefit of easy effective mob clear from Keep Out Frag Grenades.

The second one is the Mythic Master Grenadier with significantly improved grenades easily dealing with the majority of trash mobs you're free to snipe away at Specials which Snipers tend to be at killing. You get no actual modifiers for your Sniper Rifle sure (non class guaranteed perks), but you cover your weakness of wave clear very well.

Now the reason I left it at maybe third is even though a few are built best for other things their general benefit make up for the Make It Rain benefit of Snowstalker.

Special Forces gets increased capacity and faster reloads while if you're a Sniper fan you'd be better off with the Deathstalker (Scoped burst variant Assault Rifle) to use his 24% Assault Rifle Damage, capacity and reload are decent, but as mentioned don't help your wave clear, Warcry however increases your Damage significantly and improves your Fire Rate and Special Forces has the 'best' War Cry ability around.

Shocktrooper with the buffs to Shockwave is a solid Soldier all around and you can use the boosted Shockwave to help with where snipers lack which is a better alternative than basic Frag Grenades which are pretty bad unless modified with Keep Out so having a much stronger Shockwave for wave clear that gets close is pretty useful since the Snipers with scopes are very limiting in the Field of Vision department.

Snow Stalker could be put above Special Forces or Shocktrooper in my book if you want depending on what Sniper you prefer, general playstyle with the Snipers, and how many people you're playing with. IMO Snow Stalker favors a fast(er) firing Sniper that is still capable of one-shotting mob husks to help trigger Explosive Rounds. Something like the Triple Tap if you don't mind the ammo expenditure would probably be what I'd consider "ideal" or a Automatic Sniper that has perks on Damage high enough to ensure it one-shots of course. The piercing ability of the One Shot/Sunsetter is also an option. In the end you have to weigh the benefit of Make It Rain for wave clear against the benefit of the Passives that do help a Sniper and a War Cry on steroids for Special Forces and the benefit of Shockwave pretty much being a better close range ability than Frags and a more reliable one with the Frag Grenade's lack luster performance coupled with it's 25 second cooldown.

Comment

Working...
          X