Opinions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions?

I've had the Raygun for forever and it's kind of ye olde standby, but then this Deathray dropped...

I'm leaning toward the Raygun right now, but I'm not sure which one to keep.

Comparative headshot damage for me was 2419 Deathray vs. 2000 Raygun, but then the Raygun stacks 269 * 6 Affliction, so....

Raygun looks way better for the simple fact that it's dual element (Nature+Energy) with affliction, while the Deathray has 2 situational perks.
    Both weapons are not great at dishing out damage anyway so you'd want to keep that Raygun.
    Fortnite stats || Fortnite guide

Comment

While I am still fairly new-ish, the 2 conditional perks on Deathray concerned me too. If there are other perks on a weapon that can proc the other ones, or if I can proc it myself with a hero ability, it's maybe less of a big deal. However other than that you're losing 2 perk slots to conditional situations that might not be happening.
      PSNProfiles | Started playing Fortnite in December 2017.

Comment

I ended up crunching up the Deathray and started using the Raygun in combination with a Roomsweeper that has +30% damage to afflicted targets. Worked out nicely.

Comment

Ray Gun likely has higher actual DPS, last I checked the displayed DPS doesn't factor in Reloads or Magazine Size, plus if you're using an Energy Cell weapon you should double down to get the absolute most out of the weapon so you want an element on them IMO so you stack the Energy and whatever Element to maximize damage since Energy Cells are expensive.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	deathrays.jpg Views:	1 Size:	183.1 KB ID:	139422

Which of these guns do you vote for? :)

Comment

Working...
            X