Max Skill Points

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Skill Points

I'm still fairly new to the game, but I keep reading about how skill points are capped because of power level progression puts you in a range where you don't earn commander XP in late game missions. Would intentionally halting progression of power level and strictly farming skill points for the average deficit be sufficient in maximizing skill points? Is there something else to the PL relation to XP that I'm missing? I feel like there are ways to maximize skill points in a game centered around so many different skills and attributes.

There is no real point to stopping your progression in fact it detriments you. You earn more schematic, survivor, and hero experience the higher up you go so whilst you may have less skill points than somebody who stalled for an extended period of time you're going to have less experience to spend on your items. If you advance normally your skill points will catch up though since you will earn more commander experience at higher levels not to mention the farmers will eventually stop earning commander experience all together when their commander level hits a certain point relative to the area they're in. The only good reason to stall and even then it's up to the individual to decide if it is a good reason is the game isn't finished. The story ends after Plankerton and Canny Valley maps are the same as Plankerton instead of desert themed like your Storm Shield's environment is and eventually there will be a story so you can stall after Plankerton waiting for the story though even then you miss out partly on some events whereas others are progress based to determine the level zone you're playing some like the current require you to be so far to access the next tier.

Comment

I am not sure what the exact number of skill points is, that you can get from commander XP, but it does have a cap. If you look at the BOOST menu, you will see your current commander XP in the upper right hand corner xxx / xxx. I believe that you stop getting commander XP when you reach xxx/120,000. You have to get the remaining skill points from your storm shield defenses and your collection book. You dont have to buy every single gadget or defender, when it becomes available. Just be selective and buy the items that fit your play style. Watch what gadgets people use in missions and see how you think they will work for you. I am mid way thru twine and the only gadgets that I use are adrenaline, slow field and resource box. But those gadgets work best, for my play style.
      Last edited by Taroftheheel; 01-05-2018, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X