Worth upgrading hero rarity to epic?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth upgrading hero rarity to epic?

Hi,

As per title, is it worth upgrading rare hero to to epic? I'm new to this game, only power level 16 and character I enjoy playing with is Special Forces Banshee (rare).
    Don't know if worth upgrading to epic (need 10 Training Manuals and 70 flux) or should I just evolve her to 2 stars and keep playing hoping better hero will drop from those Llamas one day?

I'm not far from finishing Stonewood, but haven't evolved my hero yet.

An upgraded hero has the same stats as a hero that was naturally the higher rarity. Upgrading lets you use a level a hero now and then upgrade them when you can to increase their effectiveness later on. So if you like a hero like Banshee you can upgrade the one you've been using instead of looking for an Epic/Legendary and leveling them from scratch.

Special Forces is my personal vote for best Soldier, most vote for Urban Assault, but pretty much everybody will agree that their both top tier Soldiers so if you like Banshee feel free to upgrade her rarity instead of hoping for a higher rarity version of her later on.

Comment

Evolve your hero before upgrading your hero if you are close. The raindrop cost for evolutions is higher for higher rarity heroes (and items). If you are going to do the flux upgrade anyway, may as well get her evolved as high as you can stomach first.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustarddog View Post
        Evolve your hero before upgrading your hero if you are close. The raindrop cost for evolutions is higher for higher rarity heroes (and items). If you are going to do the flux upgrade anyway, may as well get her evolved as high as you can stomach first.
        Raindrops really aren't that hard to find and correct me if I'm wrong don't you have to pay the difference in costs for all things? Last I checked when you upgrade a LEVELED hero you had to pay Hero experience, the experience that would be needed for the same hero of the higher rarity to reach the equivalent level, I can't imagine that you wouldn't have to pay the higher tier up costs as well. Either way a Rare takes 2 weeks to upgrade to Epic 8 days if he hurries and buys the required Epic Flux now meanwhile he should also try to buy the Legendary Flux from since you can only get 25 per week outside of the one time event store stock of the required 100 flux to upgrade a single hero from Epic to Legendary so he has some time which he'd want to play with a leveled hero however high that may be before he even can reach the Epic Rarity.

Comment

Please note I qualified my comment with "if you are close". I generally agree with your corrections. I evolved my special forces soldier to star level 3 prior to upgrading from epic to Legendary and did not notice or see anywhere that suggested I was charged the differences in items or experience for the upgrade. If these are hidden costs, they shouldn't be. If we aren't charged this extra, then my advice holds...it's just advice.

I am slowly learning the art of Raindrop farming, but disagree that "Raindrops aren't that hard to find." I'm not one to rant about it because I prefer the challenge, but without this recent Christmas event giving me 40 free per week, I may be singing another tune. I'm getting to the middle of Canny Valley and agree that it gets easier, but the need also rises proportionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustarddog View Post
            Please note I qualified my comment with "if you are close". I generally agree with your corrections. I evolved my special forces soldier to star level 3 prior to upgrading from epic to Legendary and did not notice or see anywhere that suggested I was charged the differences in items or experience for the upgrade. If these are hidden costs, they shouldn't be. If we aren't charged this extra, then my advice holds...it's just advice.

I am slowly learning the art of Raindrop farming, but disagree that "Raindrops aren't that hard to find." I'm not one to rant about it because I prefer the challenge, but without this recent Christmas event giving me 40 free per week, I may be singing another tune. I'm getting to the middle of Canny Valley and agree that it gets easier, but the need also rises proportionally.
            I wasn't correcting anything actually I was asking since the only time I've upgraded rarity is a level 1 Rescue Trooper for Ammo Recovery Tactical with the Legendary benefits of higher Health, Shield etc etc. It costs 0 experience to increase the level however I've seen MULTIPLE claims that you have to pay the difference if the hero you're evolving is leveled in any way.

You actually get plenty the issue with Raindrops is when you start evolving more than you can actually support. If I pick one or two weapons, one or two heroes, and then level my survivors I won't run into an issue with them, but if I try to level 15 different heroes and 15 different schematics and all my survivors you're going to notice a drain on them and while you can farm out the experience to do that if you exclusively farm stages that give exp you're going to spread the resources for evolution too thin and a lot of people who want to change things up tend to do this and then in turn complain about the lack of evolve materials when their economy can't support all their choices and that's not an issue with the amount of mats that's an issue with the player being indecisive.

Comment

Personally, I think the balance for tears in regards to balancing a focused squad versus levelling play options feels about right. You can probably keep a consistent setup with a very small handful of heros and weapons up today without much effort hunting tears, but levelling further options requires consideration if it's worth the investment to do so. More options require more effort farming, which is a tradeoff worth considering.

Comment

The answer to "should I upgrade from blue to purple if I like this hero?" is a resounding YES. Blue rarity cannot unlock all abilities/passives of the hero. Purple can.

Comment

How do you get the epic flux???

Comment

• Galinet commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You buy it from the store, under the Loot tab and then switch from Piniata (i think) to Event.

As a fellow special forces player, i recommend you to upgrade her to 2 stars and save up to increase her rarity from rare to epic and later on from epic to legendary. Its a solid hero wich will help you through out the game.
                  If you invest your ressources in leveling her to 2 stars, she will become a 2 stars epic hero if you upgrade the rarity!

Comment

Pretty sure it was changed last patch to make up everything so there is no difference in upgrading now or waiting.

Comment

What some folks fail to mention is that from level rare to epic, you gain perks between level 20-30 which makes your soldier even more versatile in skills and stats. It would be wise to upgrade her later on down the road but only if you are willing to commit to using her fully. I haven't really used Urban Assault but I have Special Forces Remirez and my squad synergizes with her. But, besides that point, from epic onwards your hero has a couple extra perks between level 20 to 30 so it's worth looking into the investment.

sidenote, my advice is to start reading the collection book and looking at the Squad and Talent Bonuses. They are the foundation for builds revolving around the subclasses and their various skills. If you see a rescue trooper Remirez, she has Ammo Recovery talent which gives you a chance for bullet Regen at 16% every time you damage an enemy. Others give squad buffs to stats like reload, crit chance, sometimes energy Regen and even a percentage chance for more.

Use these to your advantage. You can have multiple builds for the same class. Personally, I have 3 soldier, 2 outlanders, 2 ninjas and I'm in the process of making 2 constructor builds. But, it takes certain squad benefits to make the builds work well. The sooner you get into that habit, the better off you'll be mid to mid late game where even the little things matter in the long run.

P.S Squad Bonuses are effective upon slortong the hero into the 2nd slot while talent bonuses only become active when you level the hero up to 2 stars. These are the 3rd slotted heroes. (You also get a 20% HP and Shield buff too so it's good to look into that when upgrading your heroes.)

Happy Hunting!

Comment

I've done this to my Assasin Sara. I gott her from the beginning of the game and I love her. I upgraded her from rare to epic and I'm still using her to this day. However I did get the legendary Assasin Sara two weeks ago and I've been saving up hero xp to evolve her because I don't want to retire my epic Sara.

Comment

I upgraded my Powerbase from epic to legendary, barely used him, and then got a legendary from a chest about two weeks later... So I got to add him to collection and I have someone to send on expeditions , but overall I would say it's a waste. If it's a character you know you will play, sure go for it. If your not sure I would spend the gold elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                          X