Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Account Resources should I be buying in the shop?

Collapse
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Account Resources are the most rare and useful? Which should I be buying in the shop with my event gold?

Legendary Flux will let you turn an Epic Rarity into a Legendary for 1500 Gold increasing your Health, Shields, Ability Damage, Healing Amount etc etc and that's a better price than buying a hero at Legendary rarity from scratch, but assumes you already have the Epic. You can upgrade from Rare to Epic for the same 1500 Gold. Since you can't upgrade rarities of Traps and Weapons you'll need to pay the list price for the rarity you want. Epic is perfectly fine to use throughout the game since they can hit max level and are only marginally worse in terms of base stats they do however lack that additional perk so if you see Legendary Trap or Weapon of a type you happen to like you should probably buy it especially since if it follows the trend it has in the future you can buy 1 Legendary Trap or 1 Legendary Weapon a week since they're 700 Daily Coins and you can get 700 Daily Coins each week from your Dailies.

So I'd say you want to look out for Epic or Legendary Weapons and Traps of types you know you like. Legendary Flux to upgrade an Epic Hero you like to Legendary instead of buying the Legendary version outright, but if you only have a Rare version you MAY want to wait for an Epic version through RNG or if the Legendary pops up buy the Legendary version over buying Epic and Legendary Flux to upgrade a Rare to Legendary as that will save Gold. You can farm Drops of Rain, Lightning in a Bottle, Eye of the Storm, and Storm Shards so that's probably not the best buy, but it is a convenience buy if you want.

If you include the Event Shop you want to make sure you get Ralphie's Revenge since it's time limited, you can also pick up the Legendary Bruiser Defender which are the cheapest Defenders to deploy since they don't use Ammo nor can they fire outside of effective Range to not only waste Durability, but waste that Ammo. You can also buy the Legendary Wall trap for Gold from the Event Shop where Legendary Traps are usually Daily Gold. The Monsoon is the same way you can buy it for Gold if you wanted one and have the spare Gold. Sarah Claus is more expensive than the usual legendary mark-up but has a good Tactical so if you don't get an Epic or Rare Sarah Clause or if you just get a Rare the mark up isn't that high relative and you don't have to hassle with the weekly limits so you may want to pay that mark-up to buy the Legendary version of her.

Comment

Wow! Thank you for such a great response!! I was really wondering about the Storm Shards, Eye of the Storms, etc. It sounds like I will be able to farm them in the future, though. Thank for you all the great suggestions!

Comment

Originally posted by JonSnow126 View Post
        Wow! Thank you for such a great response!! I was really wondering about the Storm Shards, Eye of the Storms, etc. It sounds like I will be able to farm them in the future, though. Thank for you all the great suggestions!
        Yeah you will be able to pick missions that give a few upon completion so you can farm them by repeating those missions. It's important to note that if you try to upgrade too much you'll still run into issues, if you're more focused you won't run into any issues however.

Comment

If you have event gold falling out of your pockets, I'd recommend buying all of the rain, lightning, stormshards and eyes. Yes, nothing substitutes for careful planning and focusing on one or two heroes, weapons, and traps, but all evolves use or will require these items and at some point, you are sure to regret not having purchased them when they were so readily available. I've bought all legendary items, all storage and vbuck rewards, all legendary flux and each week I empty out the weekly items as well....and I still have almost 10K gold. I wish I'd just gone ahead and bought the weekly epic and rare fluxes, but I'm one of those who lost their entire inventory, so gained 300 of each from the compensation package. The daily coins are a bit of a different story. I've gotten a few legendary schematics, but I keep holding onto them assuming the next week will be better. Only one more swap this Sunday to check out.

Not knowing for sure if this event currency (gold and daily coins) will remain or not is an interesting conundrum given it's different than the tickets that we've seen go away at the end of events. (Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/FORTnITE/co...nt_store_info/ it looks like both the gold and coins are staying through at least the next event. :-) )
          Last edited by Mustarddog; 01-17-2018, 02:32 PM. Reason: Adding link to recent Reddit post addressing my last statement

Comment

I’ve been buying stuff like drops of rain and eyes of the storm with leftover gold for evolution of heroes. Also I’ve been putting tons of my gold into legendary flux because I am late plankerton and have ONE LEGENDARY HERO.

Comment

Working...
            X