Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Ninjas still bad in mid- and lategame?

Collapse
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I started with Fortnite,I wanted to play as a constructor because I love it to build , but they are way to slow for my playstyle .So I started to play as Ninja and I loved it. High mobility , amazing Waveclear and u never struggle with ammo. But people kept telling me that the ninjas become useless in mid- and lategame. So I started to prepare myself for the day I have to put the ninja away.
    My preparation was succesfull, I got urban assault, banshee and zenturio hawk in legendary.

And I played my missions in Plankerton far above my level with no struggle. I reached canny valley and still had no problems and I was still scoring the most combat points in close to every mission. And now I am at stormlevel 50 I got some people to play with . We have squad with stormlevel 32(energy knox), 34 (banshee) and 2x Level 50 (dragon and dim mak) and we are completing Level 70 missions. We just have to be carefull with mini bosses but we can deal with them too. So that means two level 50 ninjas can carry in a level 70 mission ( We usualle deal 90% of the dmg) and I really start wonder why people kept telling me that Ninjas are useless in mid- and lategame? Do they just struggle in twine peaks? Did they buff the Ninja?

Excuse me for my terrible english.

Tobi

I am not an old PvE player but maybe it got fixed or they received a buff, because I mainly play Ninja (only level 40 or so) and I think they are overpowered (the dash, god, that dash!).

Comment

Im all about rescue trooper ramiares

Comment

I got a ninja on my friendslist that always will be the first to get an invite for twine ssds.

No class is bad in general, it is just that there are tons of bad players.

Most of the ninjas just do what seems to be the most fun and reduce their playstyle with that class to kind of a one button gameplay.
        They avoid doing anything else than clearing waves of small enemies, beeing desperate to collect combat points.
        Instead of securing their own spawn point they will fight in front of kill tunnels that other players build, wasting time killing mobs that dont matter. Igniting propane tanks. Beeing annoying.

But it is easily possible to contribute more than that.
        Know your class. Copy good habits that decent ninja players developed.
        You may not get to be "the best" on every map, but still someone that people want to friendlist and like to play with.

Comment

• Mikel64 commented
          Editing a comment
          What most don’t realize is you can golf swing a propane tank with a melee weapon before it detonates. Clears it from traps and walls preventing destruction.

Like Kirase mentioned, bad players are what give them a bad name. But the same can be said about Jess and the hatred towards her. I’ve not even bothered entering missions that have 2-3 Jess’ in the queue. Because I usually find them racing to loot the map and useless for the mission. Again, bad players, not bad characters.

I’m 63Pl and still holding my own with the energy thief. I carry both legendary firecracker and epic assault rifle with damage boosts and affliction. I try to hang back and let the traps/tunnels do the work while hitting long range lobbers, and mop up anything that breaks the line.

speaking of players, I built a “tunnel” on a ledge with launchers that could send husks over the abyss this morning yet there was this dipstick soldier standing in the middle with a machine gun burning through ammo killing them before they could be launched. Waste of traps, waste of ammo. Don’t hate the game, hate the playa. Ha ha.

Comment

Yeah some players do 1 dumb thing and your whole build is worthless. Last a 4wall launcher in line next to hole. I open it to the last wall of the van so most would go tru tunnel. Dude starts building it shut...
          wtf dumb idiot. I chat to him leave pit alone plz. Ok i open everything back up while early in defence. Ok everything works. Even a smasher in the pit and a whole lot of husks.
          Instead of defending the other sides he stands at the pit edge shooting everything in there. I just let him but **** what idiots u come across.
          In the low lvl i get it. Big learning curve but this was lvl 58 mission . normaly u learned a few things by then... I observe and sometimes ask higher lvl players i come across.

DONT BE STUPID! LEARN FROM HIGH LVL PLAYERS!

Comment

Day one player PL97 ninja main. Overall ninjas are fine, the old issue of health was fixed some months ago. Ninja could use some tweaks as all classes could (personally think lower health but higher shields for hit and run/shield regen perks). It's melee that needs an overhaul. Problem most people have with ninja in higher areas is melee is pretty horrid yet they try to use melee exclusively. People need to realize they aren't limited to just melee.
            Certainly want a melee rebalance but till then ninja is completely viable.
            Community Moderator
            I do NOT work for Epic Games
            -----Day 1 StW Founder Xbox-----

Comment

The health balance change made a huge difference in Ninja survival, as others have said a few of the perks *cough*Crescent Kick*cough* really need to be looked at but overall Ninja's do fine so long as you don't choose to die by the sword all the time. I've been running a Dim Mak with Dim / Sarah Claus in support and it's amazing for smashing through clusters of husks for Flinger / Lobber killing duty or holding a choke point. But as others have also mentioned you can't rely solely on melee to get the job done, you have to be willing (and know when) to fall back and put those ranged weapons to use.

Comment

I may have mention that I have a 92% critchance stormblade and I got Luna in my suppslot, so melee is a good choice in 80% of the time . But of course I got some ranged answers for Lasers,Lobbers and smashers (super shredder and a handcannon) and wooden wall with a window in it ready to place for massive Laser waves. I love marie because you can easily block huge waves away from survives and objectivs if thinks get heavy because of her shieldregen :) So I am not the battlepoint focused ninja ( if the mission is not too easy haha).

I really hate it that its sometimes so difficult to see smokebombs , cause players tend to throw granates or dragonslash into my smokebombs -.-

Comment

Originally posted by FallenParadiseDE View Post
                  I may have mention that I have a 92% critchance stormblade and I got Luna in my suppslot, so melee is a good choice in 80% of the time .
                  That in it's self is a big part of the problem allot of players face with running some of the various sub classes (not a ninja specific issue), if you don't have the "right" weapon schematics your opinion of a class can be drastically different from mine. For instance I have a hand canon that's loaded to the gills with crit damage and head shot, the hell it unleashes in the hands of my ranger is awe inspiring. But the 4x RoF Siege I was stuck with on my headhunter was laughably pathetic... 3 full mag's to do what my ranger did with one shot.

Not that I'm warning anyone away from playing a class they enjoy, I just recommend taking stock in what you have available and seeing what you can get the most mileage out of... kind of like playing any other card game.

Comment

• Catalyst_Light commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What you said. This is the best advise, use what you have , learn to optimize it.

I used to use fleet foot ken epic but now I use Snow stalker jonesy those cluster grenades are nice I still love my ninja but is fleet foot ken good (I’ll get him legendary if so) or what’s a great ninja

Comment

They were never bad. They have some really unique abilities just like all the classes do. I think it's more personal preference than anything. Though the ninja star ability is pretty useless imo.

Comment

• RubberChicken commented
                      Editing a comment
                      well it can be nice to deal that last bit of damage to an enemy while you're low on energy, and I have it at its base form so its not taking away anything from other abilities' chance for upgrades

As a very new player just offering my opinion but i want to agree with someone above. It;s the players more than the class. The ninja with it's melee focused basis encourages the worst sort of play charging the spawn point/s and getting up into the faces of dozens of enemies at once.Ninjas aren't the only ones to do it. But they're the worst offenders.

But there are at least 3 other major screw ups many players make and whilst Ninja's again get a lot of these, they're much more prevalent with other classes.

1. Failure to clear lines of fire of demolishables before starting resulting in mobs walking upto the fort before anyone has clear shots or lobbers chucking skulls from places they can;t be shot back at.

2. Starting the objective before people are ready.

3. Failing to use bluglo to find out where the AI will spawn before putting down traps resulting in traps all over the place that are doing no good. (worst i saw was building a wall around an ATLAS then filling the floor inside with floor traps. WHY!?).

Comment

To the OP: I think the problem is that you read something on an internet forum and took it as fact.

I have 4* Legendary of all class types and multiple subclasses. I am in Twine Peaks. Of all of the hero choices available to me, my Ninja Dragon far out performs all of them. From level 45 onward, this ninja holds the highest combat score at the end and usually by thousands (like Soldier 1200, Ninja 5600 combat score).
                      It is true what some have said here, that melee damage drops off the higher level you get. Using an energy based Stormblade with Nature damage, I find that it takes 8+ swings to kill anything except for the tiny leapers. With that said, Dragon Slash is still ridiculously powerful and Smoke Bomb is quite strong in chokes.

Comment

Originally posted by IslandSurvival View Post
                        To the OP: I think the problem is that you read something on an internet forum and took it as fact.

I have 4* Legendary of all class types and multiple subclasses. I am in Twine Peaks. Of all of the hero choices available to me, my Ninja Dragon far out performs all of them. From level 45 onward, this ninja holds the highest combat score at the end and usually by thousands (like Soldier 1200, Ninja 5600 combat score).
                        It is true what some have said here, that melee damage drops off the higher level you get. Using an energy based Stormblade with Nature damage, I find that it takes 8+ swings to kill anything except for the tiny leapers. With that said, Dragon Slash is still ridiculously powerful and Smoke Bomb is quite strong in chokes.
                        Getting useless kills on weak husks and boosting your combat score is quiet well the only thing Ninjas are good for.
                        Any semi-decent defense with traps or grenade AOE on choke points takes care of the small husks.
                        The important damage is needed on mist monsters or mini-bosses.

Dont get me wrong, it´s a shame that we got a 4x Soldier meta. But still, Ninjas only provide a percentage on the Utility&Damage scale compared to SOME OP soldiers.

Comment

Working...
                        X