Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Ninjas still bad in mid- and lategame?

Collapse
X

Are Ninjas still bad in mid- and lategame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reasoning to why soldier is better than ninja is because of the single target DPS that soldier provides. In high canny, you are introduced to a moderate amount of smashers which is perfect for a single target DPS like a soldier. Unless your teammates' combat score is so little that it's to the point of AFK or a select few other exceptions, combat score is a terrible indicator of contribution. A ninja presses Z and takes care of little mobs. A soldier presses C and kills 3 smashers at once. Keep in mind that only fatties and smashers do significant damage to structures. Also, the snow launcher is a hilariously cheap way to do what a ninja does.

The exception is that you have high offence and tech and/or use shadowshard in canny valley. In that case you can basically carry the game.

EDIT: Clarification to my last point, there is a point in the game where if you have high enough stats/equipment, what class you play generally doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Top 500 Torbjörn; 01-22-2018, 04:06 PM.

Comment

They are great at clearing clusters of close-by stuff, but are not really specialized for longer ranges. Melee itself has diminishing returns compared to upgrading guns, like I feel my level 30 crit-happy laser sword isn't as good as any of my level 20 elemental pistols or non-elemental rifles.

Comment

Not sure who told you ninjas are terrible.

*Melee* is terrible at the late game, but that's not what ninjas are actually about; they're about their abilities, especially dragon slash. Ninjas clear out trash better than any class in the game, and a dragon is a necessity with any permanent group.

Soldiers are more focused on single-target DPS. Which is great for minibosses; not so great for leaper/husk spam.

Comment

Melee is terrible it scales terribly only one mob you should ever pull sword out for and thats flingers (90% reduced ranged damage) this does make melee focused ninjas less useful. However ability based ninjas are among best in clearing light mobs did a 94 mission other day with 6 minutes left on encampments with all bonus encampments completed. Due to how powerful the slash is.

Where ninjas fall behind everyone is tempted to pull out sword which cuts down dps drastically. For example my sword hits 11-14k my machine pistol hits for 11-19k with headshots and can first 60 rounds in a few seconds. No matter how fast the melee is it can't even compare to that dps output, even when pretending you have 100% dps time and not chasing down mobs or waiting for shields to recharge or hiding from bees.

Even when using gun ninjas can't compare to soldiers single target damage. Take the urban assault soldier 50% fire rate 25% increased reload speed and 45% increased damage after 5 bullet hits. Your going to take down smashers about twice as fast. So I recommend using something that increases weapon damage when using a ninja in support slot.

Ninjas shine on encampment and survivor missions, but defense missions traps or funnels and grenades can do their clearing small mobs just as well. The biggest threats to base/players are mist monsters which require larges amounts of single target dps.

Comment

Originally posted by asillynert View Post
            Ninjas shine on encampment and survivor missions, but defense missions traps or funnels and grenades can do their clearing small mobs just as well. The biggest threats to base/players are mist monsters which require larges amounts of single target dps.
            Traps and funnels cost materials, not to mention they aren't able to react to an unexpected hiccup. I love having a ninja in the team to smear the swarm, it frees up the soldiers to deal with huskies & smashers while the constructor or outlander makes build adjustments. I agree that melee needs something... even if it's just a larger area of effect. But that's a problem with melee.

Comment

Personally, I think ninjas can do ok mid game which is where I’m at. But constructors and soldiers shine later on. The constructors trap and base buffs are really good and the soldiers damage output can get pretty crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mushtaki View Post

Getting useless kills on weak husks and boosting your combat score is quiet well the only thing Ninjas are good for.
                Any semi-decent defense with traps or grenade AOE on choke points takes care of the small husks.
                The important damage is needed on mist monsters or mini-bosses.

Dont get me wrong, it´s a shame that we got a 4x Soldier meta. But still, Ninjas only provide a percentage on the Utility&Damage scale compared to SOME OP soldiers.
                I got lucky and got the urban assault in legendary ( I already had her on epic, so now I can play double headhunter if I want to) and the mythic soldier. Tried some combos and I see in which situations soldiers aare great .But My Ninja build feels mutch better and I really noticed how important ninjas are , cause soldiers cant focus their single DPS on important targets if they have to take care of mobs ( U really want to compare granades with ninja abilitys in clearing mobs?) . Just the ability to slow any target with close to every hit is so usefull ( deathblade crash in my tactical) or when two laser stand side by the side and you dragonslash in their face and kill them both with some hits with ur sword feels so amazing :)

But I woul not complain about meleebuffs ...;)

Comment

Ken i play the game

Comment

Working...
                  X