X

Question about saving Hero XP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about saving Hero XP

If I level up a rare to let's say level 30 and then upgrade rarity will I save hero xp and get the same stats in the end? Or is it better to upgrade rarity first then level up and evolve?

I'd actually like confirmation myself, but my understanding has been you would save Hero XP by upgrading rarity later as opposed to earlier. However, that is in part, what the additional cost of upgrading covers: the flux and whatnot. It takes a decent amount of time to get 100 of the flux you want to upgrade, I consider that as an investment cost due to the reduced prices of XP you needed compared to say something that natively was a higher rarity.
    PSNProfiles | Started playing Fortnite in December 2017.

Comment

For the Epic to Legendary upgrade it costs 20 Manuals plus what looks like the XP difference. It might be marginally cheaper but if it is it's too close to matter.

Where you do have a savings is evolution materials because as mentioned above, it's just 20 manuals +XP. So you save yourself 1/3 of the Rain, and 1/9th-ish of the rest of the materials (hard to gauge as I don't take Epic's past level 30). If you're new to the game and have a uncommon or rare hero you know you want to play for good there are still advantages to using rarity upgrades. It's a heck of allot easier to upgrade uncommon / rare heroes than it is to upgrade Epic / Legendary heroes and early on you don't really have enough of the maps unlocked to easily farm xp / drops / etc.

I personally wouldn't use Upgrade Rarity in an attempt to "save" on evolution materials, instead use it to upgrade that hero you really wish you had a better version of.
      Last edited by kakamouth; 01-21-2018, 06:06 PM.

Comment

I thought the xp cost is the same because when you upgrade rarity it will cost the difference in xp between upgrading say common v rare etc.

Comment

I got an epic Sara Claus from a Holiday Llama. I began leveling her up with the intention of using Legendary Flux to upgrade her rarity once I had collected enough. I leveled her to 3* level 30+ then I had enough Legendary Flux to upgrade her rarity. When I performed the rarity upgrade, I kept the leveled up epic version but received a level 1 legendary version. So then I had to do all of the upgrading and evolving all over again.

However, I also took my starter Ramirez from rare to legendary using Epic and Legendary Flux (I figured since I couldn't retire this hero, I may as well make her legendary). When upgrading the rarity of this hero, things worked as expected and I received a higher rarity both times (once on Epic, once on Legendary) without the need to spend additional experience or rain and without keeping the previous leveled up version.

Comment

Working...
          X