Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShadowShard vs Obsidian. See the real difference.

Collapse
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I leveled both my Hydra's to 40.
    One ShadowShard and one Obsidian, to see the difference for myself.
    I thought I should share the results for others that might have been interested.

My offence is 1829 and these screenshots are while I have my lvl 30 power base Penny slotted.
    Last edited by Hectoros; 02-03-2018, 06:04 PM.

For the Hydra especially I'd say Shadow is better, depending on how rare the resources are to find/gather. Durability is important but the difference is quite decent.

Comment

• Hectoros commented
      Editing a comment
      I have to admit after using both now for a bit, I like the Shadowshard version better. I thought the fire rate would be annoying, but it seems to make me place my shots better.

You are able to view both paths, just so you know, by hovering over each of the two upgradeable options. In other words, hover over shadowshard on your way into 4 stars to see the stats, and compare it to what it would be if you went obsidian instead using the materials to upgrade two different ones. If you were looking for just which 'feels' better during gameplay however, that's different.

Comment

Originally posted by Loooped View Post
      You are able to view both paths, just so you know, by hovering over each of the two upgradeable options. In other words, hover over shadowshard on your way into 4 stars to see the stats, and compare it to what it would be if you went obsidian instead using the materials to upgrade two different ones. If you were looking for just which 'feels' better during gameplay however, that's different.
      I'm pretty sure he knows that. He was just comparing what they were like after you level them up a bit. I am glad this has been done because it shows how powerful the weapons become at level 40 with the 2 evolution paths.
      Now this is a story all about how Fortnite got flip turned upside down,
      And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there,
      I'll tell you all about the release of BR in September.

First Play Date: 21st July 2017(Pre Order Bonus)

-----Day 0 Player-----

Comment

• Hectoros commented
        Editing a comment
        Correct, I wanted to know after putting the 10 levels into them, what the difference becomes.

Ty for this. I put my Halloween gun (automatic) to obsidian, and sniper rifles / Judge to shard, and will stand by that. Automatic weapon -> obsidian, otherwise -> shard

Comment

Working...
      X