X

Basic Guide for Which Weapons/Traps to Upgrade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic Guide for Which Weapons/Traps to Upgrade

So one other really long video I did was about which weapons/traps someone might want to spend their resources upgrading. I know a lot of people like to experiment with different cool-looking weapons or traps as I did, but this is just a straight up what's generally best right now based on my experience and the people I've gamed with.

A while back I saw some kid post a top 5 guns fortnite video and he was like level 24 and played for like three days, amongst the weapons was the zapotron...and I was like, wow I should just make a real one talking about what's actually good in hopes it will help people decide which to upgrade and so on.

Here's a link to the video, https://youtu.be/D29fi0sHniY

If your personal main didn't make my list and you're upset by it, I'm sorry lol. If you like how it plays and how it works at 4 or 5 stars, then keep using it by all means, maybe it's matches your playstyle and honestly that's great if it does. This is mostly for newer players or mid-game players just straight up filtering out the best of their class.

I'm all for videos but making a video just under 39 minutes is a good way to get people to not watch it. That's waaaaay too long for a top 5 list.

Comment

Originally posted by TxsPhotog View Post
      I'm all for videos but making a video just under 39 minutes is a good way to get people to not watch it. That's waaaaay too long for a top 5 list.
      I appreciate the input, but I'm not really looking for views, nor am I trying to really do a "Top 5" click bait video. Moreso, I feel like it's giving a thorough analysis of a lot of good weapons and traps to use in game at early and end game content, and explaining briefly why each one merited my top choice. A lot of videos do the "Top 5" and just list them...including things that shouldn't even be on the list to begin with. This is just a more detailed version of all of that. Not for the masses that's for sure, but it's still information I would have liked to have explained to me when I started, so I did it with the hopes of helping a few people that's all :)

Comment

Thanks for the Vid mate 8).. im only a fresh player myself.. PL30 3 weeks into the game now... sadly i slotted a nailer aswell but oh well.. im sure it'l be back at some point :P

I love my gas traps.. and im forever collecting plants to make them ;).. i use the basic floor spikes (non retractable) seem perfectly fine for me at the moment.. and yes Wall pushers everywhere ;) i love tossing husks off cliffs or into pits where they instantly die 8)

My first hero to 3 stars was a pathfinder Jess.. shes just amazing for farming.. as soon as i found out her abilities she was the one to level.. has saved soo much time.. waiting to go 3 stars on my assasins.. currently using assas sarah.. tho at 3 stars will probably change to Dim Mak .. or if i get lucky and find one that has buffs for Dragon Slash will change to that

Comment

Checked the video out, noticed that you said the Deathstalker doesn't get a spot in best assault rifles; you could not be anymore wrong. My first legendary weapon and I can say I still use it to this day. It's pretty much a 1-2 burst headshot kill on husky husks and is by far one of the best assault rifles. Also, you called the nightclaw garbage but the tiger jaw good? You need to look at this from an efficient perspective - nightclaw has huge damage, low rate of fire yes, but it's gonna conserve more ammo than any other shotgun because it's pretty much guaranteed a 1 or 2 shot kill on nearly everything. The tiger jaw on the other hand hasn't got high damage, it has a high rate of fire but it's gonna burn through your ammo very quickly. I didnt watch the rest of the video as it is too long but from a real perspective, I am level 83 (cause for some reason that matters) and my favourite traps to use are

Floor Spike Traps
          Wall Darts
          Wall Dynamo
          Gas Trap (Don't own it but I've seen in action)
          AOE Electric Ceiling Trap (Since I Got it I just use it)

I try to keep my arsenal at a low and only use very few weapons:

Nightclaw
          Deathstalker
          We will call this one the "G0ld Sc4r" (I only use this when I go to lower levels either for a quest or for the reward (such as v bucks)
          Grave Digger (Only recently started using this)
          There's a husk at my door

Fortnite Release Date: 25th July
          My First Play Date: 21st July (Pre Order Bonus)
          Battle Royale Release Date: 26th September

-----Day 0 Player-----

Comment

Originally posted by ClintParis View Post
            Checked the video out, noticed that you said the Deathstalker doesn't get a spot in best assault rifles; you could not be anymore wrong. My first legendary weapon and I can say I still use it to this day. It's pretty much a 1-2 burst headshot kill on husky husks and is by far one of the best assault rifles. Also, you called the nightclaw garbage but the tiger jaw good? You need to look at this from an efficient perspective - nightclaw has huge damage, low rate of fire yes, but it's gonna conserve more ammo than any other shotgun because it's pretty much guaranteed a 1 or 2 shot kill on nearly everything. The tiger jaw on the other hand hasn't got high damage, it has a high rate of fire but it's gonna burn through your ammo very quickly. I didnt watch the rest of the video as it is too long but from a real perspective, I am level 83 (cause for some reason that matters) and my favourite traps to use are

Floor Spike Traps
            Wall Darts
            Wall Dynamo

Nightclaw
            Deathstalker
            We will call this one the "G0ld Sc4r" (I only use this when I go to lower levels either for a quest or for the reward (such as v bucks)
            Lol well like I said, if you find one that in particular you as a player prefers, that's fine and power to you. But no I would not put Deathstalker anywhere close to the top at all, and I rarely ever see it used. If you JUST now started using Gravedigger, then I'm sorry that you've been missing out for so long lol. Don't get offended, just because your gun didn't quite make the list, if you like it use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Loooped View Post

Lol well like I said, if you find one that in particular you as a player prefers, that's fine and power to you. But no I would not put Deathstalker anywhere close to the top at all, and I rarely ever see it used. If you JUST now started using Gravedigger, then I'm sorry that you've been missing out for so long lol. Don't get offended, just because your gun didn't quite make the list, if you like it use it.
              I'm not offended by any means but if you are gonna make a guide, you need to actually use every weapon and see what they are like before claiming the weapons are either bad or useless. The Deathstalker is still by far one of the most powerful AR's. I only recently started using the grave digger because I needed another weapon to change ammo types. My shotgun and Deathstalker were pretty much all I used, got bored and needed a change. Forgot to add I use hydra too. I got the grave digger on the second day of the Halloween event (that event was completed within 2 days for me) but never used it as I didn't bother with the fire Element, I just wanted to use nature Element mainly.
              Last edited by Vidi Vici Veni; 02-08-2018, 01:26 PM.

-----Day 0 Player-----

Comment

I'm not offended by any means but if you are gonna make a guide, you need to actually use every weapon and see what they are like before claiming the weapons are either bad or useless. The Deathstalker is still by far one of the most powerful AR's. I only recently started using the grave digger because I needed another weapon to change ammo types. My shotgun and Deathstalker were pretty much all I used, got bored and needed a change. Forgot to add I use hydra too. I got the grave digger on the second day of the Halloween event (that event was completed within 2 days for me) but never used it as I didn't bother with the fire Element, I just wanted to use nature Element mainly.
                It's not a review over every gun mate, it's basically what's 'meta' right now. And Deathstalker just doesn't make the top 3 best from assault rifles. You're right though, you on xbox? Let's share gt's maybe you can craft me one I can try it out for myself.

Comment

It's not a review over every gun mate, it's basically what's 'meta' right now. And Deathstalker just doesn't make the top 3 best from assault rifles. You're right though, you on xbox? Let's share gt's maybe you can craft me one I can try it out for myself.

If you've never used it you can;t say what is anjd is not meta. Don;t make stuff up, it just makes you look like an idiot. Oh wait, too late.

Comment

Yeah man my GT is HamburgerPlss, I'll let you try my Deathstalker out if you like. Mic is currently broken though so won't be able to communicate with that until I get a new one

-----Day 0 Player-----

Comment

Floor Spike Traps
                      Wall Darts
                      Wall Dynamo

Nightclaw
                      Deathstalker
                      Gas traps look awsome, perform awesome, but the number of fibrous herbs they use is mind boggling. Makes them really tough to use en mass.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl_Bar View Post

If you've never used it you can;t say what is anjd is not meta. Don;t make stuff up, it just makes you look like an idiot. Oh wait, too late.
                        Nice. And this coming from a level 23?

Comment

I generally don't like top whatever lists, simply because most of these lists consist of weapons the op likes and which go great with his hero of choice.
                          Except for a few weapons (nocturno and hydra for example) every other gun has random perks which can be an absolute drawback on the weapon itself.
                          Sure, some guns have great vanilla stats and have a lot of potential if the perks are right, but give it 2 perks against stunned or slowed down enemies and it becomes worse than it could've been.
                          Sadly, same goes for traps. Even thought some traps have some special benefits other types of traps dont have.
                          But I still appreciate the time you took to help other players to give them an idea what to look out for!

Comment

Nice. And this coming from a level 23?

And my level is relevant to my ability to point out your utter cluelessness how. Oh wait it isn't. Let me laugh at the massive fool you just made of yourself:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha....

Comment

Originally posted by Carl_Bar View Post

And my level is relevant to my ability to point out your utter cluelessness how. Oh wait it isn't. Let me laugh at the massive fool you just made of yourself:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha....
                              It kinda is. I am 55 and been playing slow paced since week 1. My level doesn't say everything like you said but i doubt, unless you spend loads of money, you have tried every weapon in game yourself. So doing alot of weapon comparing between alot of players plus some amount of stating is a viable way to make a list as he did. If someone wanted to do a over the top best of the best list then a, "here is meta and useable picks for any level". That would kind of work would be insane with, damage per shot calculation, DPS, ammo type, fire type, rate of decent perk drops, side bonus I.E. Impact, knockback, headshot multiplier,etc, Llama drop rate, event exclusive, If it has static perks when does the perks make the gun viable, etc. There is alot to take into account and to much to take from a player poll.
                              Really what is needed is just a good list to explain what weapons are good for what and how well they hold up. The number of times I have seen or heard someone say Black SCAR but not use the name I insane. I had to explain to people that Black SCAR doesnt help anyone since both Rasorblade and Noctourno are Black SCARs and they both are used very differently with different stats. Alot of weapons are great at any level of play in this game but playstyle and hero setup can change that up alot. It best to give what whats are good for what and let the players maximize what works for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X