Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Basic Guide for Which Weapons/Traps to Upgrade

Collapse
X

Basic Guide for Which Weapons/Traps to Upgrade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by TNobody View Post

    It kinda is. I am 55 and been playing slow paced since week 1. My level doesn't say everything like you said but i doubt, unless you spend loads of money, you have tried every weapon in game yourself. So doing alot of weapon comparing between alot of players plus some amount of stating is a viable way to make a list as he did. If someone wanted to do a over the top best of the best list then a, "here is meta and useable picks for any level". That would kind of work would be insane with, damage per shot calculation, DPS, ammo type, fire type, rate of decent perk drops, side bonus I.E. Impact, knockback, headshot multiplier,etc, Llama drop rate, event exclusive, If it has static perks when does the perks make the gun viable, etc. There is alot to take into account and to much to take from a player poll.
    Really what is needed is just a good list to explain what weapons are good for what and how well they hold up. The number of times I have seen or heard someone say Black SCAR but not use the name I insane. I had to explain to people that Black SCAR doesnt help anyone since both Rasorblade and Noctourno are Black SCARs and they both are used very differently with different stats. Alot of weapons are great at any level of play in this game but playstyle and hero setup can change that up alot. It best to give what whats are good for what and let the players maximize what works for them.
    Way to completely miss the point of what the two of us are arguing about.

    The point is i do not have to have used a weapon to point out that someone else who hasn't used a weapon doesn't know how it performs and thus cannot say if it's good or bad. What content i've done dosen;t matter either.

    Hell i could never have even played or seen a video of fortnite and i can point that out. You can't comment on somthing you know nothing about with any degree of accuracy. Thats just common sense.

    Comment


    • #17
      Hmm. I hear some great things/tips in your video however, "meta" or "Top 5" might be a tad counterintuitive. Let me explain.

      Say for instance the Hydra vs. RazorBlade at lvl 25 (power lvl 74) with all perks unlocked.

      Hydra:

      >14% Crit Chance
      >22.5% Reload
      >10% Weapon Damage (Energy) No Afflication
      >20% Damage
      >30% Crit Damage

      Which brings the total to 19% Crit Chance, 80% Crit Damage, 2.5 Fire Rate, 1.5 Reload, 10 Mag Size, and 3500 Damage (rounded)


      Razorblade (mine):

      >15% Headshot
      >14% Crit Chance
      >26% Crit Chance
      >60% Crit Damage
      >10% Weapon Damage (Fire) Affliction

      Which brings the total to 45% Crit Chance, 110% Crit Damage, 8.18 Fire Rate, 1.5 Reload, 30 Mag Size, and 1000 Damage (rounded) and Affliction.


      According to this chart: https://image.prntscr.com/image/OwlC...8gcjcgkr9w.png from here : https://www.reddit.com/r/FORTnITE/co...energy_damage/ which is pretty much been tested to ...there and back...

      That Razor will beat out the Hydra on 3 outta 4 mob types in terms of damage output. You can speculate on the 4th (water enemy) with the Razor's weakness but with crit chance/damage and fire rate, maybe(not) close to the Hydra on damage against water but why not just switch to the Hydra?


      Another example:

      Got a sword with perks to "Damage to slowed and snared targets" and good crit chance? Dim Mak Mari with her insane Smoke Bomb cooldown and/or Slow Field with Sword Master Ken in Squad (damage % increase with swords, axes, scythes) and Deadly Blade Crash in Tact (crit hits deal damage % every sec and slow) make short work of enemies consistently.



      My point being, as I can tell you already know, It's tough saying what's a Top 5 weapon and what isn't in a game so heavily based on RNG weapon perk rolls let alone in combination of Hero's abilities and Tact/Squad bonuses.
      That Super Shredder (which I love) maybe be inherently a good weapon but the perks can make it complete garbage.


      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by TNobody View Post

        The number of times I have seen or heard someone say Black SCAR but not use the name I insane. I had to explain to people that Black SCAR doesnt help anyone since both Rasorblade and Noctourno are Black SCARs and they both are used very differently with different stats. Alot of weapons are great at any level of play in this game but playstyle and hero setup can change that up alot. It best to give what whats are good for what and let the players maximize what works for them.
        Yes, i can totally understand that its annoying if people ask for a black scar but im a little confused by what you wrote about the razorblade being a scar.

        Comment


        • #19
          I can't sit for a 40 minute video first off so that will be my main comment. You may not care about getting 1 million views (silly idea anyways) but not many players want to sit through such a long video. How about breaking it up a bit more instead. Its sounding like you could break it into traps / melee weapons / range weapons. In the end anyone wanting to watch will be looking at a more specific area as a melee style player doesn't care about ranged so much and vice versa. The guy who never places a trap as well won't care about traps and yes there are guys who never place a trap and just wait for someone else to do it.

          As far as *what's meta* I really hate getting into this sort of nonsense normally as its all opinionated and depends heavily on someone's play style. If a guy likes to be up in their face vs at further range going for precise shots vs massive spam. Some's style just won't lend to certain weapons that 1 person may think is meta and maybe one you think is trash is godlike in the right hands. Of course their are some weapons that are just trash period of course though same for traps. Lastly on this what is best very much depends on not just what someone can get reasonably but what stats are rolled onto its schematic. (side idea could be a video about what stats tend to be better on what and why along with how they perform).

          Comment


          • #20
            Most people don't know about the Deathstalker because it has a really low drop rate. Further, getting a good version of ANY weapon in this game is also a gift from RNGesus. The Deathstalker is a better AR than you think.

            Deathstalker benefits:
            1. Accurate shot grouping in scoped mode
            2. You can hold the button down for automatic burst fire
            3. 5120 > 4096 for range
            4. Scope Mode lets you hit/kill enemies far beyond effective range
            5. Burst Fire mode paired with impact allows you to even stagger Smashers with ease.

            Just because everyone is doing and/or using it, doesn't make it a good idea. The only downside to this weapon is the low magazine count if you're playing something like UAH. Certain weapons work better for certain heroes, and UAH works best with weapons that have high damage and low innate fire rates or very large magazine sizes.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by SirServed29 View Post
              Most people don't know about the Deathstalker because it has a really low drop rate. Further, getting a good version of ANY weapon in this game is also a gift from RNGesus. The Deathstalker is a better AR than you think.

              Deathstalker benefits:
              1. Accurate shot grouping in scoped mode
              2. You can hold the button down for automatic burst fire
              3. 5120 > 4096 for range
              4. Scope Mode lets you hit/kill enemies far beyond effective range
              5. Burst Fire mode paired with impact allows you to even stagger Smashers with ease.

              Just because everyone is doing and/or using it, doesn't make it a good idea. The only downside to this weapon is the low magazine count if you're playing something like UAH. Certain weapons work better for certain heroes, and UAH works best with weapons that have high damage and low innate fire rates or very large magazine sizes.
              Couple things here, was it a better AR than I thought after trying it out for quite a few missions? Maybe a little bit, but it certainly still does not make the cut. Could it be a useful gun circumstancially? Yes, but I would probably actually group it into the sniper category honestly. But here's the main thing is that it's just not a viable Assault Rifle comparatively to a lot of other ones that far outmatch it. When I talk about "best guns", it does have a lot to do with playstyle, heroes, perks, etc., but all that being said with an Assault Rifle, you kind of (in my opinion) want something that;s going to be in that slot as more of a "main weapon", something you really don't have to think about and you can just melt mobs. So because of that criteria, I would not put it in the list, at least not in the AR category. It's just too tedious with scoped aim on a mission where you've got tons and tons of back to back enemies in groups. And you're right, just because 'everyone is using it' doesn't exactly make it 'the best', but usually when everyone, or at least a lot of people, are using one or two types of guns, it's for a reason. At least in late game. So the downside for Deathstalker isn't just a small mag size (that could potentially be countered by hero and gun perks) but also the scope aim actually hurts it imo.
              Originally posted by Syanis View Post
              I can't sit for a 40 minute video first off so that will be my main comment. You may not care about getting 1 million views (silly idea anyways) but not many players want to sit through such a long video. How about breaking it up a bit more instead. Its sounding like you could break it into traps / melee weapons / range weapons. In the end anyone wanting to watch will be looking at a more specific area as a melee style player doesn't care about ranged so much and vice versa. The guy who never places a trap as well won't care about traps and yes there are guys who never place a trap and just wait for someone else to do it.

              As far as *what's meta* I really hate getting into this sort of nonsense normally as its all opinionated and depends heavily on someone's play style. If a guy likes to be up in their face vs at further range going for precise shots vs massive spam. Some's style just won't lend to certain weapons that 1 person may think is meta and maybe one you think is trash is godlike in the right hands. Of course their are some weapons that are just trash period of course though same for traps. Lastly on this what is best very much depends on not just what someone can get reasonably but what stats are rolled onto its schematic. (side idea could be a video about what stats tend to be better on what and why along with how they perform).
              Lol, okay so again with the 40-minute video dislike, again I will say this, if you don't like it, then just don't sit and watch it man. This was just to help out newer players and give insight to help them find really good well-rounded guns, best of their class. Perks aside or included. If not many players want to sit and watch it, that's totally fine, they don't have to. I don't know if I would, but I would if I was really trying to get into a game and wanted something like this to lay things out for me, so for those people it will be helpful I'm sure.

              Yes a lot of this can be circumstantial, if you come at me with godlike perks on an otherwise trashy weapon, yeah it can be useful (as I stated in the video numerous times) and yes playstyle also comes into play (as I also mentioned in the video) but this is moreso regarding well-rounded weapons. Someone wants to sit in a wooden tower with their scoped Deathstalker picking off elemental smashers for the group? That's cool, and honestly would be helpful in certain missions, but this isn't a list for that kind of stuff.
              Originally posted by Carl_Bar View Post

              Way to completely miss the point of what the two of us are arguing about.

              The point is i do not have to have used a weapon to point out that someone else who hasn't used a weapon doesn't know how it performs and thus cannot say if it's good or bad. What content i've done dosen;t matter either.

              Hell i could never have even played or seen a video of fortnite and i can point that out. You can't comment on somthing you know nothing about with any degree of accuracy. Thats just common sense.
              Lol arguing? I'm not arguing bud, I'm speaking quite plainly. You're just a really angry, troll type person who really doesn't have much to add to any of this. Sorry :/

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Loooped View Post
                Couple things here, was it a better AR than I thought after trying it out for quite a few missions? Maybe a little bit, but it certainly still does not make the cut. Could it be a useful gun circumstancially? Yes, but I would probably actually group it into the sniper category honestly. But here's the main thing is that it's just not a viable Assault Rifle comparatively to a lot of other ones that far outmatch it. When I talk about "best guns", it does have a lot to do with playstyle, heroes, perks, etc., but all that being said with an Assault Rifle, you kind of (in my opinion) want something that;s going to be in that slot as more of a "main weapon", something you really don't have to think about and you can just melt mobs. So because of that criteria, I would not put it in the list, at least not in the AR category. It's just too tedious with scoped aim on a mission where you've got tons and tons of back to back enemies in groups. And you're right, just because 'everyone is using it' doesn't exactly make it 'the best', but usually when everyone, or at least a lot of people, are using one or two types of guns, it's for a reason. At least in late game. So the downside for Deathstalker isn't just a small mag size (that could potentially be countered by hero and gun perks) but also the scope aim actually hurts it imo.
                The scope aim definitely hurts it, when you play on console (I'll come back to this later). I'd imagine a scoped AR is difficult to operate efficiently on a joystick. Your choice of the Terminator would be justified if the Founder's Drumroll didn't exist. I'm PL 96 and the only time "tons of tons of back to back enemies in groups" attack me, I'm doing Encampments or SSDs and I simply bring my Master Grenadier.

                Note: No Assault Rifle is going to save anyone from "tons of tons of back to back enemies in groups", because that's what traps and explosives exist to take care of. You may want to list an actual combat scenario to reinforce your statement.

                The Hydra has good damage but loses DPS endgame due to being an Energy weapon, meaning it's going to take a 30% damage hit vs. Elementals. It's an older model Energy weapon too, so it doesn't even cause Affliction like newer rolled Energy weapons can. The Grave Digger does a lot of damage, at expense of accuracy.

                Which brings me to my earlier referenced point:

                -Accuracy preferences will vary from PC to console due to the Mouse and Keyboard vs. Controller dynamic. I personally refuse to use weapons that don't allow headshots to be landed with them consistently. My second go-to weapon is a Fire Buzzcut (basically a Hunter-Killer) and it's actually my highest DPS weapon. The only reason I use it second is that it has less range than DS, meaning a situational DPS loss. In situations that don't require the additional range, I use that instead.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by SirServed29 View Post

                  The scope aim definitely hurts it, when you play on console (I'll come back to this later). I'd imagine a scoped AR is difficult to operate efficiently on a joystick. Your choice of the Terminator would be justified if the Founder's Drumroll didn't exist. I'm PL 96 and the only time "tons of tons of back to back enemies in groups" attack me, I'm doing Encampments or SSDs and I simply bring my Master Grenadier.

                  Note: No Assault Rifle is going to save anyone from "tons of tons of back to back enemies in groups", because that's what traps and explosives exist to take care of. You may want to list an actual combat scenario to reinforce your statement.

                  The Hydra has good damage but loses DPS endgame due to being an Energy weapon, meaning it's going to take a 30% damage hit vs. Elementals. It's an older model Energy weapon too, so it doesn't even cause Affliction like newer rolled Energy weapons can. The Grave Digger does a lot of damage, at expense of accuracy.

                  Which brings me to my earlier referenced point:

                  -Accuracy preferences will vary from PC to console due to the Mouse and Keyboard vs. Controller dynamic. I personally refuse to use weapons that don't allow headshots to be landed with them consistently. My second go-to weapon is a Fire Buzzcut (basically a Hunter-Killer) and it's actually my highest DPS weapon. The only reason I use it second is that it has less range than DS, meaning a situational DPS loss. In situations that don't require the additional range, I use that instead.
                  Thanks for the feedback, yes being on console will definitely effect pretty much this entire post, I suppose I should have mentioned that, for some reason I thought this section of the forums was for console players.. :P

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X