Request, give me your weapon stats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Request, give me your weapon stats

Working on some math stuff similar to what Whitesushi does but i want to sanity check my workings i cna do that with my own guns upto the limit of my next evolve. But i can't do it beyond 3 start level 20. So what i'd like from you lot is the following:

Go to your hero tab, (where you choose what hero to play), and please, pretty please, unslot any heroes that would affect you weapon Damage, (so any slider for ranged, any ninja for melee and some outlanders and constructors for other stuff), as that shows in the armoury, as well as any support bonus providing heroes that would alter your weapon stats. Then note down the Offence value displayed in the heroes tab. Then jump to your armoury and pick out a schematic or too, tell me name, (or type and rarity, i just need to be able to find the base stats), mods, level, stars.

I can then use that info to sanity check my working. by shoving the base weapon stats and your provided info into the sheet and seeing if the result base damage and other stats match the calculated values. Feel free to sue screenshots btw.

Thanks in advance, i'll likely check back in a day or two to give time fo data to accumulate.

Carl_Bar

​​​​​​​Everything you may want to know can be found in my Interactive DPS Simulator spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...PsXCxttZBxdxpM

It has all base weapon data as well as the formulas that put them to use. Ofc, its main purpose is a tool to help you compare weapons and builds. You need to log in with Google account and Make a copy.

Tell me if you need help with something particular.

Septemvri

Comment

Hey it's a cool sheet, (so thanks for the link), but i'm trying to do somthing a tad more complex, (including ability damage which can at times affect weapon numbers), than that with more ability for the user to see the breakdown. So i need to come up with my own formulae and that means figuring out exactly how weapons scale as they level. And i can't find much info on it, so far i've determined that it's % of base between levels 1 and 10, and 6% of base between 11 and 20, with different modifiers for adding stars. I suspect from the progression seen 21-30 will be 7% per level but i need to confirm, and beyond that we get into material types which is messier still.

Comment

Not sure what exactly interaction between abilities and weapon damage you are looking for. Anyway, here's my article on weapon damage scaling: https://www.reddit.com/r/FORTnITE/co...culate_damage/

Comment

Thank you for the link. I'm going to do some fiddling as it could be rounding factors but i am not getting a clean 5% scalar from leveling in the displayed numbers, not even close.

Comment

As a p.s what i'm doing in basic terms is taking situation where (at least until i implement uptime modifiers and energy usage rate checks, thats to do, i'm getting the core functionality working first), i can work out the total DPS of each subclass with a weapon of choice with the effects of all subclass abilities. So a Headhunter gets X base damage, (modified up by her specific perks including deb shot), then i factor in the extra DPS provided by her grenades, her Going Commando, and her Shockwave. For special forces i have to factor in War Cry, (which ofc modifies weapon DPS through both damage and RoF mods), Frag Grenade, and Going Commando, and so on and so forth. It's producing some interesting data allready though i'm having to make some estimates assumptions about how many targets average get caught in various AoE effects, which at least for smoke bomb i suspect are undervaluing that ability, (Dim Mak is considered very strong but on paper it has only very modest DPS benefit from smoke bomb according to the math so far).

Comment

The level factor has been working perfect for every weapon I have tried and I have tried hundreds :) Ask me if you can't figure your results.

I have done the same for ranged but i ignored aoe due to unfair generalization of factors like target count and uptime. Going commando is a huge dps loss. Debilitating shots can come from other party member. And GL with dps for melee weapons if you don't know the animation duration in miliseconds of each part of the attack combo sequence :)

Comment

Cheers for the quick reply. and that was why i said i needed to see if it was rounding. Rule 1 for me is to allways check it works as expected ;). You never know when somthing might squeak through or a change might eb made no one picks up on or any one of 50 other things ;).
                Also the sheet checks for weather somthing increases overall DPS or not :).

The only bit i haven;t figured out/found anything about, (so far), if you have any info on it is hero ability multiplier scaling.

Comment

Hero scaling is a *****. Wasted quite a few xp and evo mats and still there is no sane formula I can derive.

Comment

Thanks for being willing to explain all this for me, saved me a lot of trouble :). Question though, you've got all damage mids rolled into one in your formulae, obviously vulnerability acts as a seperate multiplier on this i assume. But what about some ninja effects. Some boost sword damage, others boost edged damage, one is boosting a specific weapon whilst the other is boosting a damage type. It's not clear if those stack additively or multiply together.Yes i know melee sucks the sheet though eventually is going to let you input data for each weapon tpye and have a pair of overview sheets. A Simple one displaying best choice for each sub class, and a complex one where you can view the breakdown for each weapon type, and then ultimately the raw sheets for seeing how the answer was achieved.

You mention brightstone/sunbeam is a 1.2 damage mod, i know it also lower RoF whilst the Obsidian/Shadowshard has different modifiers, but i'm too low level to have seen them so what are all the modifiers applied, (impact and durability can be left off as i'm not remotely sure how yo work those in ;)).

Comment

Carl_Bar
                      Vulnerability is a target debuff and is a separate multiplier. Anyone can benefit from it.

All such damage boosts stack additively inside the "increased damage" perks (weapon, hero, storm, etc).

Melee is terribad this is why I didn't bother to model it. If it gets significantly buffed, I can add it relatively easy. Although the DPS will be very hard to model because each melee weapon's basic attacks are in a sequence with different delays between swings. There is no such things as simpy attack speed. The game doesn't disclose the duration of each swing animation so DPS with melee is something you don't want to model at this point. Same things apply for abilities - you can't model their dps contribution without knowing how long is the cast animation and what is your opportunity cost. I for example find Teddy a dps loss - for the time it takes me to place it, I can deal much more damage with guns.

Each weapon evolution increments the special material needed to craft it. T1 copper ore, T2 silver ore, T3 malachite ore. During the evolution to 4 starts you have a path to choose - continue with ore (T4 obsidian ore, T5 brightcore ore) or switch to crystal (T4 shadowshard crystal, T5 sunbeam crystal). Ore path is the standard one - behaves like the previous ones. Crystal is a serious modification though - besides the base dmg increase from stars and level, the crystal path increases the base damage by 20% but reduces the rate of fire / attack speed by 10% and max durability by 20%. Multiplicatively.

Comment

Working...
                      X