Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop trying to trade/scam. Seriously. Stop.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems that the new meta for kids coming in fresh from BR is to try to scam higher-level players out of our weapons by constantly demanding "trades". This is worthless, lame, and stupid for many, many reasons.

- First of all, you cannot even use the weapon to its full potential anyway. Stonewood, Plank, and even Canny all have power caps. Your ability to use the weapon is also capped until you're able to do Twine maps yourself.
    - Weapons have dura. How much of your time do you plan on scamming weapons rather than just playing the game?
    - The next time you're doing an SSD and you get high-level help, you can literally ask for good weapons and many people will give them to you. No scamming or nonsense "trading" needed. How many do you need? I have so much obsidian and so many shadowshards coming out my rear, I've needed to consult a proctologist. Malachite, copper, silver - if you've got the low-tier mech parts, I can make more weapons than you can carry. I am not an exception. Other high-level players are swimming in mats even more than I am.
    - Just in case the previous point wasn't clear, you are literally trying to scam people out of their trash.

Stop "trading". Start playing. And for the love of God, learn how survivors work before you humiliate yourself by not having any slotted just as you're getting to Plankerton.

They don't trade weapons to use. They trade weapons to trade.

And please do not encourage them to ask for weapons in SSDs. One SSD I could not move to kill enemies because they were chasing me asking me to drop weapons.

Comment

• Mikel64 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’d pull the scammers’ tactic of “kick from party” option and spam kick the lot of them out!

Originally posted by SatNiteEduardo View Post
    They don't trade weapons to use. They trade weapons to trade.
    What... why... what kind of game do they even think this is...?

Originally posted by SatNiteEduardo View Post
    And please do not encourage them to ask for weapons in SSDs. One SSD I could not move to kill enemies because they were chasing me asking me to drop weapons.
    Face, meet palm. Palm, face. *whack!*

Comment

Even as an noob to the game I find it extremely annoying as well. I guess they just want to get 'good' stuff as easily as possible.

Comment

Actually, I think this comes from a fundamental misunderstanding of how the game works.

High-level players (actually, all players) do not find weapons. We make them from base materials using things called schematics, which cannot be traded. To us, a weapon is nothing but some crafting materials that took us very little time to find. If we've got the mats- and most of us do- we can make as many copies of weapons as we want, any time we want.

You can either beg/scam/"trade" for weapons and waste time worrying about absolutely worthless mats, or you can actually play Fortnite and become able to actually make the weapons yourself. The latter is much more fun, requires a lot less time, and doesn't involve you making a fool of yourself in global chat.

Comment

Lot of them are also scammers. But yeah, lately the spam in chat is annoying.

Comment

At some point I thought some low level kids wanted mats for crafting so I join there SS to trade after I refused to join a ten person party and I just give them mats out my *** for like 10 low dura epic weapons because I thought oh they just need stuff to get started. Them I remembered that lots of scammers where going around and thought oh **** and then made a bunch of legendaries dropped them and left so they wouldn't spam me with Xbox messages.
            Last edited by NokarStormBlade; 02-22-2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

I had people not playing the objective, standing still trading (and often enough complaining about getting scammed afterwards), funny thing to watch lol.
              "I'll give you 50 bolts for your 10 copper" while I run past with like 10+ stacks of each because Outlander too good.
              Sometimes I drop them free junk that just plagues my inventory and watch them have a silent mental breakdown lmao

Comment

I honestly don't see the problem with trading mats for weapons. More choice of weapons, more variety, more fun. The problem comes from these idiots that scam. They didn't even need to scam, they could have asked for free stuff and they would have gotten it. Pretty sure that the people that scam are people who are trying to troll or purposely ruin the game. I have thought about it and there is no benefit to this scamming business. None.

Is this seriously what this game has come to?

Comment

You do realize that literally 99.9% of the people you are talking about more than likely do not use the forums, right?....

Comment

Levels l1-20 should lose global chat privileges. Give them their own chat. You can pretty much solo stonewood thru plank anyways. Since 99% of scammers and spammers are low lvls, this would solve everything. Giving everyone full equal rights in global is freedom for abuse. Spams on chat will go on forever since there will always be low lvls, so either accept to tolerate the daily trolls or just remove chat for the lows. They don't and can't help anyone anyways.

Comment

Can you imagine what it's going to be like when STW goes free?
                      EVERY chat I go to it's constant spamming of ..trade/I got scammed..so and so is a scammer.

This problem has been posted on here a few times yet EPIC let it continue!!
                      Simple solution..like many other games..add a trade window so both can see what materials/amount/weapon/durability is being traded.
                      Surely this would stop scamming AND the endless bs spam.

ANOTHER problem is low level players in 40+ zones..I was trying to do a mission to reach Plank Off..EVERY 40+ zone I went to..either there was 3 low level players(16-20)..or they joined..JUST to farm malachite.
                      Eventually I got so fed up I started the atlases and left..yeah..I know I shouldn't have BUT I'd spent an hour going into different 40+ zones JUST to do the mission.

A few minutes later I got a message from 2 of the players..full of swearing and abuse. They were crying because "how else were they going to get malachite".
                      I told them..first of all..you shouldn't have upgraded a weapon to a point that you can't get resources for your level..secondly..IF you want to farm..put it on private.
                      I eventually finished the mission and got to Canny..will be SUCH a relief to be able to actually play without morons wasting my time.

TIME to do SOMETHING about these problems EPIC..surely it wouldn't be too difficult.

Comment

• PH_007 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Only if you bought an overpriced deluxe-whatever edition

• Galinet commented
                        Editing a comment
                        >> you shouldn't have upgraded a weapon to a point that you can't get resources for your level

Everyone makes that mistake. The game is bad at teaching important things. But once you make the mistake, you won't make it again.

It hurts a lot when can no longer craft your ONLY good weapon; at those levels they have very few schematics. And yes, I feel for them, since I did that also. However I managed to go on with crappy weapons and unlocked the regions that gave malachite. So can they.

With all that said, I also hate all those messages about trading.

• Hindborg11 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I've made that mistake too. Only good weapon I have atm is upgraded to malachite, so I am asking for the mats if I meet someone OP in the zones I am in. Never gonna make that mistake again.

Thank the Holy Goddess someone said this. I am tired of scammers ruining the game. Literally, Trading is okay in the fact that it's only right to exchange stuff for things you need but, you can't even do that now since people are scared you're gonna take their stuff and run. Every time I go in chat, I literally bang my head against the wall every time I see the words "Black Scar" and/or "Gravedigger". One, they don't respect the gun by calling it by it's name"Nocturno" and two, they're literally not even the best weapons in the game.

On top of that, by scamming you are ruining your reputation for a broken down gun at that. This is why I only trade mats, less hassle and more effective in the long run.

​​​​

Comment

• Galinet commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Apparently I'm still a n00b; I though a "black scar" was a special scar, a scar with a skin or extra stats.

Originally posted by Fortnit View Post
                      Levels l1-20 should lose global chat privileges. Give them their own chat. You can pretty much solo stonewood thru plank anyways. Since 99% of scammers and spammers are low lvls, this would solve everything. Giving everyone full equal rights in global is freedom for abuse. Spams on chat will go on forever since there will always be low lvls, so either accept to tolerate the daily trolls or just remove chat for the lows. They don't and can't help anyone anyways.
                      amen. When a child is bad, take their candy away. Said and done

Comment

Originally posted by smokesnugs View Post
                        You do realize that literally 99.9% of the people you are talking about more than likely do not use the forums, right?....
                        It's about awareness and making sure Epic knows we're tired of the ********. I shouldn't have to explain that.

Comment

Working...
                      X