X

Building guide for homebases?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building guide for homebases?

I realize my current defenses are awful, so I need to learn better strategies, but have not found anything in particular that will reteach me how I should build, can someone please point me in the right direction?

The best thing to learn is funneling and how to get the most effective use of your traps. These two things can help a lot letting the traps handle small husk while you take out bigger threats like lobbers, smashers, 'sploders, etc. Reading the terrain and where husk can come is really helpful too.

Comment

Set up a pyramid over every amplifier to prevent smashers from punching a hole through them and letting husks flood in, wall it off then leave pathways inside on purpose so husks' "take the easiest path" AI makes them walk through your death tunnels.
      Make them zig zag through fields of traps, push them into pits where it'll take them ages to climb back, get creative.
      And make sure to be up front to take out propane tanks and lobbers because these will ruin your traps.

Comment

Funnels and traps. Lots of traps.

Comment

Right so you all are using great words and giving good advice but the mechanics behind them are not clear to me and I need a thorough guide or visual walkthrough to know how to properly take advantage of AI pathing and tunnel/funnelling

Comment

A quick web search turns up tons of videos on this that will help you out. In a nut shell, husks move toward what they want to destroy (generator or amplifier). They are willing to move out of that path by 3 tiles (full build space). So every time they move 3 tiles, you have to let them get closer. If you do not, they will attack the weakest structure to come through. Stacking blocks on the same tile will make it appear stronger (look up the sandwich). Hope this gets you started, watch videos to see examples.

Comment

Tatzitaru;said"A quick web search turns up tons of videos on this " , BUT you have to DO SOME WORK, research it, there is tons of info already out there.

Comment

https://www.reddit.com/r/FORTnITE/ on the right side there is a bunch of guides, one specifically for funneling. It's what I read that opened my eyes to how to actually make better use of traps and walls.

Comment

In case you are having a hard time finding it. https://www.reddit.com/r/FORTnITE/co..._and_trapping/

Comment

Working...
                  X