Be the best at the "Build the Radar" game mode

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Be the best at the "Build the Radar" game mode

I threw a quick video together on how to be champion on the Build the Radar missions. I can usually get at least 3(sometimes all 5) radars by myself assuming I have enough mats, and I get left alone by husks, and I still have a good 8-10 minutes to spare.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXsQQRf6Msk

Getting to know the basic shapes, and into what sub-shapes they can be transformed, is probably the trickiest part. But once you figure those out, and the rotate button, you can build quite rapidly. Thanks for the video to show this.

Comment

No problem. I also notice a lot of times people will build from the bottom up, constantly changing templates. I find it best to go up and down with the same templates to fill them all in first, then to change the templates and fill in the gaps. It will save a lot of time switching back and forth between templates.

Comment

Originally posted by IDEVILMANI View Post
        No problem. I also notice a lot of times people will build from the bottom up, constantly changing templates. I find it best to go up and down with the same templates to fill them all in first, then to change the templates and fill in the gaps. It will save a lot of time switching back and forth between templates.
        This has the added benefit of letting a teammate back-fill the walls if you're going to the top with floors and stairs.

Comment

That too, But I usually let people build their own towers unless I see they are going incredibly slow. I'd rather every split up and cover a tower then 2 or 3 people trying to speed through one of them.

Comment

Also if you're solo-ing you can skip the taller towers and focus on the shorter radar towers.

Comment

Originally posted by LostWolf725 View Post
              Also if you're solo-ing you can skip the taller towers and focus on the shorter radar towers.
              yeah, but if you are good, the tall towers only take 3 minutes tops.

Comment

yeah, but if you are good, the tall towers only take 3 minutes tops.
                And take more resources :)

Was just pointing out you can knock out the shorter ones and spend more time looting and harvesting.

Comment

You want to do all 5 towers to get the Level 5 loot chest at the end.
                  Second, every tower you make has a change to give you shadow crystals, obsidian etc. You are basically trading your raw materials for special ones.

Comment

Does Plankerton also drop Shadow/Obsidian?

Comment

Originally posted by Claesar_ View Post
                      Does Plankerton also drop Shadow/Obsidian?
                      Not that I have ever seen. I have only seen it drop Malachite. and only in llamas and maybe a node in one of the higher level missions

Comment

Not that I have ever seen. I have only seen it drop Malachite. and only in llamas and maybe a node in one of the higher level missions
                        Yes, I've found Malachite in nodes. Very rarely, at 34+.

Comment

I have only found like 1 or 2 bodes of shadow and obsidian in plankerton per match

Comment

Obsidian and ShadowCrystals drop in build the radar 58+ missions, or maybe lower.

Comment

Working...
                            X