X

Shoot for Energy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoot for Energy?

I'm moving into missions now with fire/nature/etc. Husks and overall it seems Energy damage is the best across the board.

Sure, you don't get a boost vs. a particular element, but you also don't do low overall damage with standard ammo.

Should I be hoarding any weapons I can unlock Energy on?

Get the Hydra (event reward available right now) and use it as your swiss army knife of kill all the things for those tough times (it always gets the same modifiers and one of them is energy). Otherwise use what you like. It is worth noting that most of the weapons with built in energy damage are quite good but burn ammo hard and energy cells use bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by Promethien View Post
      Get the Hydra (event reward available right now) and use it as your swiss army knife of kill all the things for those tough times (it always gets the same modifiers and one of them is energy). Otherwise use what you like. It is worth noting that most of the weapons with built in energy damage are quite good but burn ammo hard and energy cells use bacon.
      Oh, is the Hydra the Shredder like shotgun thing?

Comment

Yes. I like it over the Shredder. Less range but it reloads in full clips as opposed to one shell at a time.

Comment

Its worth mentioning to keep all the weapon schematics that are not inherently energy based but have perks that change it to energy type damage... also crit chance is really nice now that its a flat value.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenSoup2HoT View Post
            ...keep all the weapon schematics that are not inherently energy based but have perks that change it to energy type damage...
            I agree GreenSoup2HoT the energy modifier is really nice on your weapons. I do have a sword schematic that also converts it to energy damage.

Comment

Elemental isn't the end all be all, A gun with good rolls can beat out an elemental weapon, where this is untrue is for specific elements against the types they have an advantage against, but that means more space on your equipped weapon slots occupied to match elements and the benefits can be marginal if a specific element is all a weapon has going for it and the rest of its perks are garbage compared to a non-elemental with good perks.

High Tech weapons burn more expensive ammo, I'd argue high tech melee weapons are a pure benefit however.
              Energy as a perk is solid all around, but can be beaten out by other t3 perks especially with abilities on your hero that compliment the perks on your weapon.
              Elemental perks win out against a single element, but not by that much compared to the best non-elemental t3 perks and then is about the same against it's own type compared to those t3 perks and inferior against the element it's weak against making it pretty much a push unless you cover the weakness at the very least.

Better perks all-around > elemental for elemental's sake, High Tech in theory has a pure advantage damage-wise but you have to weigh that against the expense to decide to use it against a non-high tech.

Comment

Working...
              X