X

Thoughts on gas traps, twine peaks?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on gas traps, twine peaks?

Is it a waste of schematic xp, and perk up to get this thing upgraded when a lot of the enemies are eventually some sort of element since it's classed as physical damage? I recently learned how useless physical is on guns 4000 per bullet on regular husk, 600 on the element husk beside it) and maybe I should keep going with the electric field and it'll only be less useful for fire enemies?
    https://www.stormshield.one/pve/stats/andyufcfan

Gas Trap is best Trap.

Gas Trap for President!
    Make Fortnite (Not BR) Great Again.

Comment

• kilo23mc commented
      Editing a comment
      And I approved and endorsed gas trap!

Gas trap is the best damage dealing trap in the game. Every trap has its uses but gas trap is the one you want if you're going to kill a multitude of enemies.

Comment

The problem is that going through the game and only fighting, like, water husks isn't practical. If you could be SURE of only fighting water husks then lightning traps all the way. But a physical damage trap is stronger against every elemental husk than a lightning trap is against a nature husk. All the elemental traps are basically a gamble as to whether they'll be of any use in the mission or not, which is why gas traps are popular: they're not totally effective against any element but they're kinda-effective against every element. Compounded by the problem of there not being every kind of elemental trap for every surface; if there was also a fire ceiling trap and a water ceiling trap it might be a tougher choice but we don't have that yet.

Comment

Gas trap is the only one that can damage through shielders too iirc. They're definitely worth having.

Comment

Ah good things to know thanks, I'll build it up now while getting the fibrous herbs stacked up, not a fan of the amount needed per craft along with the heal pad which I think I'll give up on.

Comment

Healing pad is pretty unnecessary imo. Even spec'd into healing it just doesn't do enough.

Comment

I agree, gas trap for president!

Farming herbs is annoying. I've just made it a habit to constantly keep ripping up all bushes and plants, whenever there's time to spare. And keep those crafting supply expeditions going! The larger ones (that I have available) tend to give 70-80 herbs, which is quite a nice passive bonus.

Comment

+1 in favor of Gas Trap.

If you want a healer that doesn't siphon so many herbs off, look into the cozy campfire. I've leveled one up and couldn't be happier. Multiple squares, through walls, uses up some flowers, .. many benefits.

I still use a few healing pads for particular missions (94/100 4-player) but that's more for group benefit.

Comment

I totally forgot about the campfire thanks for the reminder. Got about 600 petals and only 100 herbs left after making a 50 stack of gas traps, won't be making row after row of gas traps that's for sure like I do with spikes and zappers.

Comment

Only way how to penetrate shielders. Hope they change it and give other ceiling trap this chance. I want to see more variability then just people spamming gas traps.

Comment

Even if the gas trap wasn't as broadly useful, it's a good idea to simply level up one of each trap schematics anyway. Their use is often situational, but having them available does mean you will be prepared for those situations. An under-leveled wall-launcher simply won't push a Smasher off a cliff. An underleveled firetrap will barely tickle a nature husk.
                      https://www.stormshield.one/pve/stats/staggerhat

Comment

you want crit, crit damage,damage and reload on your gas traps and either effect duration or durability for last perk, gas is the strongest trap in the game other best traps are wooden floor spikes for the slow retractables and wall dynamos, i finished twine ssd10 on my other account with these hope it helps

Comment

I totally agreed with y’all that gas trap is the most effective trap for the shielders. Glad to see that there are others who agreed with me because most people that I played with always use the zapper instead.
                          Kill tunnels with the gas traps, floor spike and wall pusher is quite effective for me.
                          Communication is the key to resolve most issues. Unless you are dealing with a hardheaded, then it is no longer your issue.

Comment

Gas traps wooden floor spikes wall dynamos and wall darts with wall puncher and the front an back of tunnel finished the horde this way

Comment

Working...
                            X