X

Your favorite gun and why.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Salesninja View Post

Dude...What does white have to do with it???

FYI Asians have the highest average income in the united States, not whites.

Maybe keep race out of it? Cause if you have a job, don't matter what the color of your skin is. Money is always green
    Tranquilo.

Comment

Got an Old Smokey from the new event. Short wide cone damage. No individual projectiles. Hits everything in its range for full damage. High enough impact to knock fatties on their butts. It does serious work.

Comment

I think the Judge is underrated. It's one of the few good guns that uses heavy bullets and it will knock down and push back mobs regardless of the level. It also gets all the useful pistol perks from support heroes like Deadeye. I combine that with a rapid fire gun and a rocket launcher/dam buster and I'm good.

Comment

I like quite a few guns, can't pick a favorite. Depends on mood and class I am playing. So, I put my likes by category.

Pistols:
          - Judge: For the impact and heavy ammo usage.
          - Monsoon: Very high DPS. Takes some getting use to.
          - Tiny Instrument of Death: Does decent AoE damage and can be fired relatively quickly if you are running HH and frontloading headshots for Make It Rain.

Shotguns:
          - Roomsweeper: My love from the Online Tests. It is not as good as it used to be, but its prettier and still does the job. I mainly use it on Smashers.
          - Thunderbolt: Good for survivor car events and great in a choke-point.
          - Nightclaw or Deconstructor: The tactical family of shotguns just put in work. The poor man's Shredder.

Sniper Rifles:
          - One Shot: Penetration and uses Heavy Ammo. Not enough guns use Heavy Ammo.
          - Shredder: No brainer.
          - AMR: Using a blue. Current personal record - 87k.

Assault Rifle:
          - Nocturno/Siegebreaker: It works. Inb4 nerf.
          - Terminator: Bullet hose.
          - Hammercrush: Nice headshots and less torture on the fingers vs other semi-autos. Not completely sold on the Hydra, but its worth a mention.

I use all the explosives, no personal fave. I like variety. EA nerfs to TIoD mean that they are actually worth using now.
          Last edited by GangreneGout; 10-10-2017, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GangreneGout View Post
            - Judge: For the impact and heavy ammo usage.
            - One Shot: Penetration and uses Heavy Ammo. Not enough guns use Heavy Ammo.
            Why does Heavy Ammo matter other than being more expensive to craft than other ammo types? Is there a hidden effect that isn't well known?

Comment

Still haven't got my favorite gun after nearly 500 hrs... oh well. As of now the rare Breacher at 4 stars is my fave bc it's fully auto and pretty accurate

Comment

Originally posted by Promethien View Post

Why does Heavy Ammo matter other than being more expensive to craft than other ammo types? Is there a hidden effect that isn't well known?
                Ammo usage variety. Only certain snipers and pistols use heavy ammo so after a few games, you usually have a large stockpile of them. Having a Judge with some good perks gives motivation to use the heavy ammo, letting you stockpile ammunition of other types.

Comment

The Nailer was fun, it has 1000 impact so every hit staggers, and then just got Old Smokey today, huge aoe - it's the new flavor of the week
                  Last edited by Fortnit; Today, 07:43 AM.

Comment

My favorite gun is the Hydra because I like the feel of it. I loved shotguns in the early game but later there bad range became a problem because I play an outlander. I then tried the Nocturno for a few days but it just didnt feel like it had much power in each shot so I felt like I was wasting ammo. I then moved to a hydralic sniper and it felt like each shot had power but it was a little slow at firing and it could really only be used effectively as a boomstick at close range. I then decided to tranform the Hydra schematic because I thought "what the heck I have plenty of useless schematics might as well use then to experiment". Once I had tranformed the Hydra I decided to use it in a misson the weapon was underpowerd and because of that I only ranked 3rd on dmg but I adored the feel of the weapon. It felt like each shot had power in it and because it was automatic its fire rate was not lacking and the impact wasent so much that I missed shots. The minimal spread of the shots also helped with getting rid of tightly packed enemies. So the short version is that this weapon made me feel powerful and it did not feel like it was restricted to the use of one stat to do so.

Comment

Depends on the class that I'm playing for what guns I love. I took my Deadeye Ranger up to lvl 40 and he has great Pistol perks such as extra damage, crit damage and chance, so while playing as him I enjoy using an Epic Dragon's Breathe for up close shooting, and for DPS an Epic Uzi or the new Legendary Scavenger Machine Pistol.

For my Soldier I prefer the Legendary Nocturno for DPS and for shooting at range the new Legendary Scavenger Sniper RIfle, I love the fact that the heavy bullets penetrates and you can actually one shot 3 to 5 husks with one bullet. Also a good standby is the Super Shredder and the Hydraulic Rocket launcher, even only at lvl 20 that rocket launcher packs a punch and I love the knockback on it, especially when defending an objective near a cliff, you can consistently knock the husks right off the cliff.

Comment

I'm a pistol fan. I started with the Founder's Revolt which was alright, I like the rapid fire of it but it goes through ammo quickly and degrades fast because you shoot it so often. Then I came into the Kestrel and then just recently got a nice Judge roll. The Judge has quickly become my favorite gun for most situations because it handles all of the big threats really well. Where it falls apart is when you're being swarmed by lots of little enemies.

When I find myself surrounded by swarms of little guys I used to switch to a melee weapon or a shotgun because I absolutely despise machine pistols. However, I've recently started using the Riptide (legendary scavenger machine pistol) and it seems to work pretty well so I'm working on using that for these situations.

For longer range engagements, I usually defer to sniper rifles, of which the Sunsetter (scavenger bolt-action) is definitely my favorite in this category. I like the rough aestetics of scavenger weapons and find that the reduced durability for cheaper crafting works well for weapons you use regularly.

So, in order:

Judge - Hard-hitting, short-to-mid-range, highly accurate without burning through ammunition or breaking too quickly
                        Riptide - Close-range room-cleaner that gobbles up ammunition, only really use it in a pinch
                        Sunsetter - Bolt-action, highly accurate rifle for long-range engagements

I use two heavy ammunition weapons but since I'm using Gunblazer Southie as my primary hero (back to favoring pistols), I tend to keep stocked up pretty well.

Comment

For guns, it's a toss-up between the Super Shredder and the Raptor - the per-shot damage on a shredder with +crit and +crit chance is such a nice thing to see on Smashers, but the sustained control you have with a raptor is a great mainstay.

Melee - I"m in love with my Mr. Red legendary crowbar which has +crit damage X 2, + crit chance X 2 and Energy affliction. It crits for easily 3000 at PL 25 even and affliction ticks for 900.

Comment

Originally posted by Witness41920 View Post
                            I'm a pistol fan. I started with the Founder's Revolt which was alright, I like the rapid fire of it but it goes through ammo quickly and degrades fast because you shoot it so often. Then I came into the Kestrel and then just recently got a nice Judge roll. The Judge has quickly become my favorite gun for most situations because it handles all of the big threats really well. Where it falls apart is when you're being swarmed by lots of little enemies.

When I find myself surrounded by swarms of little guys I used to switch to a melee weapon or a shotgun because I absolutely despise machine pistols. However, I've recently started using the Riptide (legendary scavenger machine pistol) and it seems to work pretty well so I'm working on using that for these situations.

For longer range engagements, I usually defer to sniper rifles, of which the Sunsetter (scavenger bolt-action) is definitely my favorite in this category. I like the rough aestetics of scavenger weapons and find that the reduced durability for cheaper crafting works well for weapons you use regularly.

So, in order:

Judge - Hard-hitting, short-to-mid-range, highly accurate without burning through ammunition or breaking too quickly
                            Riptide - Close-range room-cleaner that gobbles up ammunition, only really use it in a pinch
                            Sunsetter - Bolt-action, highly accurate rifle for long-range engagements

I use two heavy ammunition weapons but since I'm using Gunblazer Southie as my primary hero (back to favoring pistols), I tend to keep stocked up pretty well.
                            The scavenger weapons have reduced durability but they have increased damage and impact for some reason so the lower durability is really more or less a push as more damage can equal less shots to kill and any time it turns something like a 2 shot kill into a 1 shot kill or 3 shot kill into a 2 shot kill then it actually moves the durability to the scavenger's side of things and that happens with the Assault Rifle which functions EXACTLY the same as the base Semi-Auto Assault rifle. All the scavenger weapons have a generic counter-part you could have been using if you wanted with the EXACT same stats outside of Damage, Impact, and Durability an the Riptide has the exact same stats as the Founder's Quickshot minus the decreased Durability, but saving on the farmable resources (same cost on Active PowerCells and the Founder's Quickshot Epic Variant costs one less Rotating Gizmo than a Riptide).
                            /\/\/\/\/\/\
                            With Horde-Mode using schematics I've finally tested out the Hydra I've had leveled but never actually used and much prefer it to my Drumroll. Still haven't tested my Nocturno as it's Malachite and I'm a bit behind the curve in Fortnite progress to play t3 horde mode due to playing other games, but I'll be able to play t3 horde in 1-2 days as again being a sucker for the "special" weapons I started playing advancing Fortnite to get the Makeshift Rocket Launcher. Still subsisting on what I find on the ground for the main game the Semi-Auto type weapons are still my go to favorite if I have a choice.

I have changed my top preference from the Hunter-Killer to the BuzzCut, the higher damage and impact is more than worth the decreased durability to have replaced my top preference. The Hydra has became one of my favorite weapons after using it in Horde Mode by feel, but the ammo type and how fast it decays will keep me from crafting it to use in-game and will stick to the Nocturno if I need to craft something for the main game.

I am enjoying the Sunsetter, but mostly because people in horde are obsessed with building useless obscuring walls so you can't shoot anything until it's right on top of you so the extremely long range lets me build a monstrosity above the battlefield to shoot down and it even OHKOs at level 1 up through the final challenge in the 19 zone.

Light Ammo
                            Founder's Revolt (best semi-auto light pistol)
                            Founder's Nocturno (haven't fired it specifically, but do like the generic light ammo full auto rifles)

Medium Ammo
                            Buzz Cut
                            Hunter-Killer

Shotgun
                            Hydra (Accurate and High Impact for stunning Blasters)

Heavy
                            Sunsetter (High Damage + Long Range + Piercing)

Melee
                            Sawtooth (doesn't take Active Power Cells as a legendary with solid Damage and Impact if you don't boost any other type of Melees might as well use Legendary for the price of Epic)

Explosive
                            Dam-Buster

Comment

Working...
                            X